Verified today, but MIGHT retake mcat in sept. Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OPH4Life

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
my aacomas just got verified today. I have a 24O vr 6 ps and bs 9. 3.66cgpa and sgpa.

I wanted to get my apps and secondaries in before august to stand a good shot for an acceptance this cycle. However, ive been studying for the mcat and my score has been increasing past 24. What should I do? Im not sure to retakr yet because I want to see consistent improvement before I notify schools and register for the exam. At the same time, I dont want schools to reject me in august based on the 24 is I am retaking.

Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

my aacomas just got verified today. I have a 24O vr 6 ps and bs 9. 3.66cgpa and sgpa.

I wanted to get my apps and secondaries in before august to stand a good shot for an acceptance this cycle. However, ive been studying for the mcat and my score has been increasing past 24. What should I do? Im not sure to retakr yet because I want to see consistent improvement before I notify schools and register for the exam. At the same time, I dont want schools to reject me in august based on the 24 is I am retaking.

Any advice?

Only you can decide if you can improve your score by retaking, and you have to decide SOON so you can let schools know that you have a planned mcat in the works. 24 is pretty low but your GPA is good. I doubt you will get much love from the top tier schools. I think you should retake.

Any advice?

I would suggest you inform the schools that you're planning on retaking it and sign up for the September MCAT. You can do well it. Depending on if you're applying broadly, you might get a few interviews with this score but a score of 27+ will be amazing to your application. I'm assuming you have average EC's.

Good luck.