Verify score by Handscoring

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nuduocsi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has any of you ever heard of any one who requested their answer booklet verified by handscoring?

I strongly believe I did much better than what I actually got on the score report.

And I decided to pay $40 and have my subtest being verified. The reason why I decided to do this because I did not use the proper No.2 pencil to bubble in the answer booklet.

Do you guys think this is the matter of causing my wrong result?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure if using a wrong pencil would cause a discrepancy but it's worth a try. I was, also, debating if I should request my test to be handscored but I really don't have the 40 bucks to pay for it. Let us know how it goes.

Has any of you ever heard of any one who requested their answer booklet verified by handscoring?

I strongly believe I did much better than what I actually got on the score report.

And I decided to pay $40 and have my subtest being verified. The reason why I decided to do this because I did not use the proper No.2 pencil to bubble in the answer booklet.

Do you guys think this is the matter of causing my wrong result?

Thank you!

I think i am in thesame shoe as you but i dont have 40 bucks for the re-score. Now that i am reading your post, i am thinking i also used the wrong pencil and partly the pencil giving by the test center. This could exaplin the wide descripancy between my pearson practice test scores and my actual pcat score. Let me know if anything changed. How long do we have to request a re-score? My practice test score and my actually test scores are way too different.

Last edited:
As for you guys know, the pencil that I used for the PCAT is about 20% lighter than the proper No.2 pencil. That's why I think I should give it a try.

I have called them to ask about the time frame of the hadnscoring process but they said "It may take a while, but I don't know exactly the time". This really annoyed me and I'm in the mood of worried right now because I have no idea how they going to do this (and if I lost my $40 money order for nothing?)......:confused:

Anybody who knew anyone anything about this, please type in some words. Please!

Thanks!

As for you guys know, the pencil that I used for the PCAT is about 20% lighter than the proper No.2 pencil. That's why I think I should give it a try.

I have called them to ask about the time frame of the hadnscoring process but they said "It may take a while, but I don't know exactly the time". This really annoyed me and I'm in the mood of worried right now because I have no idea how they going to do this (and if I lost my $40 money order for nothing?)......:confused:

Anybody who knew anyone anything about this, please type in some words. Please!

Thanks!
The pcat information booklet says all request for re-scoring are completed 60 days from the date the test was taken. So By December 16th, you should get some feetback if they respect that policy. I hope to get some info too because i am thinking of giving it a shot too.

Last edited: