Vermont pre-interview hold

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrKitty

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What does it mean? Did anybody ever get off it and got an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

dont worry buddy. im swimming in that pool also.

I'm not 100% sure that they put my app in the same "hold" thing as yours, but it's definitely is some kind of possible interview pool. They told me there's a decent chance of getting an interview if you're in that pool, but it's by no means guaranteed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Gee, and I'm still "under review" and "will hear in several weeks". Just the same message as the past 14 weeks.

ShyRem said:
Gee, and I'm still "under review" and "will hear in several weeks". Just the same message as the past 14 weeks.

me too...did yall get an email or status change on website or what

ShyRem said:

My message is still the same too. I called them and talked to an actual person. You might try giving them a call.

DrKitty said:
What does it mean? Did anybody ever get off it and got an interview?

how did you know you were put on hold? did they send you an email like GW did?

tacrum43 said:
My message is still the same too. I called them and talked to an actual person. You might try giving them a call.

I have the same situation here. I called them today and they said to wait another 6 weeks...

I would guess that since you havn't been rejected, there is a reason why they are holding on to your app. I'm sure they wouldn't bother doing this, wasting your time and theirs, unless they did use the "hold" group for some interviews later. So I think you have a chance, definitely :thumbup:

I sent an e-mail to the admissions office inquiring about my status, and they replied to me that I am on hold where interview may be extended but is not guaranteed. My status page online hasn't changed from "under review" :oops:

I think I was in that pool. I hadn't had any change on my status page and called them. They said I was in a pool of people they might interview. Anyway, I got an invite the next day.

Of course, now they've made a decision, and I'm in the pool of people waiting waiting waiting for them to send out the letters.