Vermont Secondary Speeding Ticket Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kenykj49

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Vermont's secondary asks if I have had a speeding ticket within the last five years. I was driving across country a few years ago and was pulled over out of state, but I do not remember if I actually got a speeding ticket. I forget which state it was. I have only ever held licenses in two different states; I ordered my drivers license record from both and they are clean. Does this mean I am good?

Members don't see this ad.

I got one within 5 years, mentioned it, and ended up getting in so don’t worry about it

Reactions: 1 user
I got one within 5 years, mentioned it, and ended up getting in so don’t worry about it
Samesies. Although one school did ask about it (somewhat humorously) during my interview. I highly doubt that it had any bearing on my admissions decision! Sounds like you're totally in the clear!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what specific information they want? Like do I have to state the dates I got the tickets + what speed I was going LOL

Or do they just want an explanation of the circumstances around the tickets? I received two speeding tickets 4 years ago and they were both pretty close to each other so idk how to go about explaining them.

I suspect that speeding tickets may show up on some kind of background check the school does and by asking you about them, there are no surprises as well as the ability to assign the comparison of your application to the background check to a low level staffer. If the two match, there is no need for further review. If they don't match, the application gets kicked upstairs. Asking applicants about speeding tickets decreases the number of admitted applicants that will have a mismatch that triggers further review.

Speeding citations come in a lot of different flavors, and often those citations can be negotiated down so that it comes up differently on your record (and your insurance adjustments). Whatever you do, don't go warp speed in a school zone.

• Haha