Vermont status page

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apparition

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Your file is complete and has been reviewed. You are in our pool of applicants from where an interview may be extended; however, this does not guarantee an interview. Interviews will be conducted through the first week of April 2006.

Is this bad? Has anyone received an interview after this message? Have they started rejecting already? Thanks. :(

Members don't see this ad.

Well it's better than mine:
"Your file is COMPLETE and UNDER REVIEW. You will be contacted in the next several weeks regarding your application status".

Several weeks my a$$. Still waiting for them to "contact" me. Interview, rejection...whatever. Better than limbo. I've been complete there since freakin July. Lame. :thumbdown:

jbone said:
"Your file is COMPLETE and UNDER REVIEW. You will be contacted in the next several weeks regarding your application status".

Several weeks my a$$. Still waiting for them to "contact" me. Interview, rejection...whatever. Better than limbo. I've been complete there since freakin July. Lame. :thumbdown:

I was complete since August and got this new status today, which is even deeper in the limbo.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received the samething. I am VERY interested in seeing what this means. This better not be another FREAKING HOLD!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Apparition said:
Your file is complete and has been reviewed. You are in our pool of applicants from where an interview may be extended; however, this does not guarantee an interview. Interviews will be conducted through the first week of April 2006.

Is this bad? Has anyone received an interview after this message? Have they started rejecting already? Thanks. :(

I think they are rejecting already. :confused:

Apparition said:
I was complete since August and got this new status today, which is even deeper in the limbo.

Apparition,

I got the same response when I sent an inquiry on 10/12 via the online applicant e-mail service. And as usual, I was percolated but since then the status has stayed the same "application is complete and review blah blah blah next few weeks blah". I tried checking mine now but the status screen is blank.

my status page message was also changed today, to:

Your application status:

who knows.

Checked mine again, still the same. :( (Rejection is looming)

Apparition said:

I have the same status as of today... booo

Good luck to all of you. UVM is a great place. By the way, I wouldn't be entirely disheartened if the admissions office is taking their sweet time contacting you. They're on a new electronic system this year and it's taking quite a bit longer than it has in the past.

Apparition said:

My status page says the same thing now as well. I called earlier though (maybe 2 weeks ago) and they told me this then. I've been complete since September (for some reason I got their secondary really late). I think it takes a while for the web page to get updated.

As for what it actually means, it's a possible interview pool. Kind of like the one at Rosalind Franklin I think. The woman I was talking to at UVM just said that if you got this status, there is a good chance you will get an interview, but it is definitely not guaranteed. Hopefully we'll all get an interview sometime this spring. :luck:

so far everyone who seems to have had the "your application is complete and under review" now has the "possible interview" message. i'd be more curious to know if anyone else's status page says something different - a rejection, perhaps? i'd like to think that this is a screened hold, but since i haven't seen anyone receive a rejection notice, i'm thinking that maybe everyone who hasn't interviewed so far has been moved to this group?
:confused:

Gee, I'm still "under review" just like I have been for 16 frickin' weeks. They hate me. The reject-o-meter is humming, and my mailbox is already icing up with the aura of the cold impersonal rejection letter so strong it's reaching all the way from Vermont.

Members don't see this ad :)
zahque said:
so far everyone who seems to have had the "your application is complete and under review" now has the "possible interview" message. i'd be more curious to know if anyone else's status page says something different - a rejection, perhaps? i'd like to think that this is a screened hold, but since i haven't seen anyone receive a rejection notice, i'm thinking that maybe everyone who hasn't interviewed so far has been moved to this group?
:confused:

My status page still says the same thing. Don't know if this is good or bad. They probably wouldn't reject people on a status page so mine could be on its way. But then again maybe they have yet to send my interview invite. All I know is that this process is mind boggling and I'm gonna just tune it out.

my status changed to the "interviewable pool" too...then again I already knew this since I emailed them about my status a few weeks ago. Very helpful....

Count me as another "Still under review" and I've had that status since some time in October.(About 8-9 weeks) Guess there's quite a few of us arn't there?

Bardo said:
My status page still says the same thing. Don't know if this is good or bad. They probably wouldn't reject people on a status page so mine could be on its way. But then again maybe they have yet to send my interview invite. All I know is that this process is mind boggling and I'm gonna just tune it out.

When were you complete?

see, that's just it. are the people who's status hasn't changed going to be rejected, or is the school just slow putting them into the "interview pool" along with everyone else?

zahque said:
see, that's just it. are the people who's status hasn't changed going to be rejected, or is the school just slow putting them into the "interview pool" along with everyone else?

I doubt they put everyone in this pool. If a lady at the admissions office said theres a good chance you will get an interview after being placed in this "pool" I doubt they would do it to everyone. Could be wrong though. :rolleyes:

USArmyDoc said:
I doubt they put everyone in this pool. If a lady at the admissions office said theres a good chance you will get an interview after being placed in this "pool" I doubt they would do it to everyone. Could be wrong though. :rolleyes:

I did a search by "pool Vermont" and there was a thread where an applicant received an interview after the pool status so I guess there's hope!

Apparition said:
I did a search by "pool Vermont" and there was a thread where an applicant received an interview after the pool status so I guess there's hope!

Well, I think there is definitely some hope. Look up at what Tacrum was told by a lady in the admissions office. However, I know I won't be the lucky one. :oops:

i'm not ruling out the possibility that i can still be granted an interview, but i don't take what the invdividual in the admissions office said at full face value. this, to me, seems like the rosalind franklin "possible interview pool", in which case something like 2/3rds of the people do not receive interviews.

zahque said:
i'm not ruling out the possibility that i can still be granted an interview, but i don't take what the invdividual in the admissions office said at full face value. this, to me, seems like the rosalind franklin "possible interview pool", in which case something like 2/3rds of the people do not receive interviews.

Oh..... :mad:

If you want to see something different, here is my page - post interview:

Your file has been reviewed and you have been placed on the list of qualified/alternate candidates for admission. After May 15, 2006, you may contact the admissions office for more information regarding the waitlist. If you are a Maine Access candidate, please contact the admissions office for further information regarding your waitlist status.

I am out of state. Good luck to all.

Kitra101 said:
If you want to see something different, here is my page - post interview:

Your file has been reviewed and you have been placed on the list of qualified/alternate candidates for admission. After May 15, 2006, you may contact the admissions office for more information regarding the waitlist. If you are a Maine Access candidate, please contact the admissions office for further information regarding your waitlist status.

I am out of state. Good luck to all.

Good luck with that! Were you contacted right away regarding an interview?

Sorry...but that's most likely a rejection. If you call them they'll tell you if you'll get an interview or not. I had the same msg...and they basically said sorry you're not getting an interview.

Good luck

Hoomsy

jbone said:

hoomsy said:
Sorry...but that's most likely a rejection. If you call them they'll tell you if you'll get an interview or not. I had the same msg...and they basically said sorry you're not getting an interview.

Good luck

Hoomsy

How did they tell you you're not getting an interview? snail mail?

I interviewed pretty early on - was waitlisted. Cool place though!

I have been "under review " for 2 months now. I e-mailed them about my status, and they told me I am in a pool where interview may be extended but is not guaranteed. So, I am not sure if it is eventual rejection, but it sure is not a rejection right away :oops:

DrKitty said:
I have been "under review " for 2 months now. I e-mailed them about my status, and they told me I am in a pool where interview may be extended but is not guaranteed. So, I am not sure if it is eventual rejection, but it sure is not a rejection right away :oops:

As you can see by a poster above, they are rejecting people. Also, the lady at the office said there is a good chance of an interview after this status update. HOwever, I would take that with a grain of salt. Either way, you weren't rejected and you are still in the running.

USArmyDoc said:
As you can see by a poster above, they are rejecting people. Also, the lady at the office said there is a good chance of an interview after this status update. HOwever, I would take that with a grain of salt. Either way, you weren't rejected and you are still in the running.
I was complete and under review since mid-October and got an interview offer last week. I say there is still hope.

just ask them...they'll tell you....

so im basically rejected...however on the website it says under review...

cheers

hoomsy

Apparition said:
How did they tell you you're not getting an interview? snail mail?

gdbaby said:
I was complete and under review since mid-October and got an interview offer last week. I say there is still hope.

I agree.

gdbaby said:

Congrats gdbaby!! :thumbup:

I just received this from the admissions office at UVM. I basically asked them if the message for the possible interview pool was a hold and they responded as follows:

Dear Mr. X,

"Hold" is used for those individuals who need additional
information/explanation to complete their file. So it is not the same.
You are with a group of applicants who are awaiting an invitation to
interview, so you may interpret it as a hold in that sense of the word,
I suppose. Please keep in mind that like all other schools, the UVM COM
has a limited number of interview slots.

So there ya go. To me, it sounds positive but I guess we will find out. I'll be sending updates to them this week.

I was "Complete and Under Review" since August (yes, August), and then last week my status page read the weird "maybe we'll grant you an interview, maybe not" message, and then today I got an interview invite. So there is still definitely hope. I'm out of state, too. Good luck, everybody!

chicklett1 said:
I was "Complete and Under Review" since August (yes, August), and then last week my status page read the weird "maybe we'll grant you an interview, maybe not" message, and then today I got an interview invite. So there is still definitely hope. I'm out of state, too. Good luck, everybody!

Yea, it seems that people are being to down about this message. The lady at UVM obviously said you are guarranteed an interview but that an interview is definitely a possibility.

does anyone know if there admission office will be open tomm? thanks...:)

gdbaby said:

Are you gonna go? It's sooooo expensive and their financial aid is basically non-existent. Congrats on U of Iowa, it's an awesome school

I was given the applicant pool email and status change last week with everyone else. But then today, I got an interview invite. So there is hope in this state - Hold tight, folks!

Quazimodo said:
I was given the applicant pool email and status change last week with everyone else. But then today, I got an interview invite. So there is hope in this state - Hold tight, folks!

Congrats! When is your interview?

chicklett and quasimodo you give us hope! HORRAY! And Congrats on the invites.

Apparition said:
Congrats! When is your interview?

It's February 7th. Anyone know how late they interview?

Quazimodo said:
It's February 7th. Anyone know how late they interview?

They interview into the first week of April.

After projectile vomiting for 2 straight days, I called Vermont to check on my status. I was told that no decisions have been made, however a batch of letter and notifications were to be sent out by the end of January to let people know where they stand. I asked flat out whether I have been rejected or not and I was told that I was still under review and no decisions have been made. This end of January stuff has been increased from end of December a week or two ago. I guess I'll let my ulcer fester for a month more.

RayhanS1282- Did you already interview?

Do they send letters for interview offers?

paceac said:
RayhanS1282- Did you already interview?

Do they send letters for interview offers?

No I haven't interviewed yet. The interview invites are sent by e-mail.

RayhanS1282 said:
No I haven't interviewed yet. The interview invites are sent by e-mail.

thanks

silas2642 said:
Are you gonna go? It's sooooo expensive and their financial aid is basically non-existent. Congrats on U of Iowa, it's an awesome school
Thanks Silas. I am going to go to the interview, mostly because I love Vermont and would love to have a day to roam around Burlington. They ahve to give Financial Aid to SOMEBODY, right?

Just got biotch slapped from Vermont. Ouch. Oh well. Average applicant...what can I say. But at least I'm not in limbo anymore. :( :thumbdown: