Vertical Phone Reach Rate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which is why Walgreens is so much better.
It's probably slightly better in some aspects

Lesser of two evils, or at least on the outside

You are understaffed just as much if not more but the metrics are not crazy. Rx count, Rxs sold, immunization goals, wait time are not over the top metrics.

Its not much better

Walgreens floaters for example have it rougher than CVS floaters. Walgreens will make you go an hour or further away but CVS doesn't do that, at least in my area. CVS also reimburses you for mileage, for Walgreens you have to travel like 50+ miles one way from your home store or something. And I just read a thread on here that floaters will get called in on the spot just to get their hours. I have never heard that from CVS.

CVS usually pays more and I know in certain ridiculously busy stores you are given a lunch break.

I've worked for both and they are pretty much the same experience. I heard in the past Walgreens used to be decent but now it's basically the same as CVS, if not worst.
 
Last edited:
Old man you missed my point. Of course prescriber calls are important. But do these people give you enough help or time to do them all? Timing these calls is ridiculous. It's insulting.

If they don't give you enough staff or time then the DM, supervisor, Larry Merlo, Stefano Pessina or whoever gave you these tasks to complete in an unreasonable amount of time without enough staff can personally come in and do them.

It may be ridiculous to you. But if they did not time them people would let them sit there forever. Now I'm not saying the logic they use for the timing of calls makes any sense, it doesn't. As for your other complaint. Many stores got extra RPH hours this years and almost all stores got more tech hours this year. It's not where I would like it to be, but it's manageable.....

It's nice to be told by a pre-pharmacy student what my experience as a pharmacist is like. I guess after almost 35 years I don't really understand the profession.
 
It's probably slightly better in some aspects

Lesser of two evils, or at least on the outside

You are understaffed just as much if not more but the metrics are not crazy. Rx count, Rxs sold, immunization goals, wait time are not over the top metrics.

Its not much better

Walgreens floaters for example have it rougher than CVS floaters. Walgreens will make you go an hour or further away but CVS doesn't do that, at least in my area. CVS also reimburses you for mileage, for Walgreens you have to travel like 50+ miles one way from your home store or something. And I just read a thread on here that floaters will get called in on the spot just to get their hours. I have never heard that from CVS.

CVS usually pays more and I know in certain ridiculously busy stores you are given a lunch break.

I've worked for both and they are pretty much the same experience. I heard in the past Walgreens used to be decent but now it's basically the same as CVS, if not worst.

You have a small paragraph of metrics then talk about floaters and say its not much better? I look.at my metrics once a month, that's it. There's no worrying about them at Walgreens. Instead I get to do my job and enjoy it.

Floating may suck but when you have a surplus, someone has to do it, doesn't make cvs comparable to Walgreens.

Also why are you understaffed? I want you to look at your district numbers. Why do some stores have 12 minute wait times and 85% verified by processed time while other stores have 25 minute wait times and 60% verified by promise time? I can tell you it's not due to being understaffed because all stores are given hours by the same criteria.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was told that managing QR calls straight from QR gets you no credit. I read in this thread that you can manage QR calls ahead of time so that it's not as bad on you when the calls pop into QV. Which statement is correct? This is the one metric that I just can't figure out.
 
I was told that managing QR calls straight from QR gets you no credit. I read in this thread that you can manage QR calls ahead of time so that it's not as bad on you when the calls pop into QV. Which statement is correct? This is the one metric that I just can't figure out.

You manage the calls from the QV screen or the QR screen. As far as I am concerned the QR screen is unwieldy. The only thing I do in QR is chnage the method of communication for those doctors in the 1800's who sign up for e-scripts so they get top Medicare payments but don't use e- scripts. SO I go in every morning and chnage all of Dr X's to calls and all of Dr Y's to Fax so he responds before they get to me in the QV,
 
Old man you missed my point. Of course prescriber calls are important. But do these people give you enough help or time to do them all? Timing these calls is ridiculous. It's insulting.

If they don't give you enough staff or time then the DM, supervisor, Larry Merlo, Stefano Pessina or whoever gave you these tasks to complete in an unreasonable amount of time without enough staff can personally come in and do them.

This has GOT to be a joke. LOL! You are a pre pharmacy student telling PHARMACY MANAGERS how PHARMACY works. You are clearly off your rocker and know nothing,

Tech hours and pharmacist hours are given to each store the same way across the chain. The same calculation is used to determine how many hours each store needs. Do they give you so many hours that you get to stand around and look pretty? No. Do they give you so many hours that you have to move your ass a little bit here and there to keep up? Yes. But that's fine, because the day passes by more quickly when its like that.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. That stupid myth that "They don't give you enough help to complete the tasks in a reasonable amount of time" is ridiculous. Why? Because we have hundreds of stores, both low volume and high volume that get it done. If they can get it done, then so can everyone else. It just requires you to again, move your ass a little bit here and there.

Also, one thing I've learned in the world of pharmacy- people will always complain about hours. No matter how many hours they have. People will always complain they don't have enough personnel because they can always just move slower and take their time here and there, answer a text message, respond to an email, take a bite of that sandwich, etc. Personally, I DO feel that they kind of gyp us about 10 tech hours a week, but it is what it is. Just be more efficient and you'll get **** done.

If companies didn't track performance, you'd have legions of techs and pharmacists that don't care about their job, don't care about doctor calls and verifying scripts out before their promised time. That turns into a dangerous situation because you have customers who get pissed off, and can potentially transfer pharmacies which will ruin your business. ALL COMPANIES (smart ones, anyway) TRACK PERFORMANCE. Welcome to 2016. Either get with the times, and embrace performance metrics (because they're not going anywhere) or sit around and complain. It's up to you.
 
This has GOT to be a joke. LOL! You are a pre pharmacy student telling PHARMACY MANAGERS how PHARMACY works. You are clearly off your rocker and know nothing, .
Pretty sure he is a pharmacist, or at least he has claimed to be. He has mentioned needing to update his status... Come on, man! Change it to pharmacist so we can get past these posts.


People will always complain they don't have enough personnel because they can always just move slower and take their time here and there, answer a text message, respond to an email, take a bite of that sandwich, etc. Personally, I DO feel that they kind of gyp us about 10 tech hours a week, but it is what it is. Just be more efficient and you'll get **** done.
I'm honestly sad that you consider this luxury. Answer a text? Respond to an e-mail? TAKE A BITE OF A SANDWICH!? You act as if we are employees of McDonald's. You are a licensed and credentialed professional with a doctorate. You are in charge of people's healthcare. You should not allow yourself to be treated like a Wal-Mart cashier.
 
SO I go in every morning and chnage all of Dr X's to calls and all of Dr Y's to Fax so he responds before they get to me in the QV,

Thanks for the reply. I do this too, but I don't call every customer to let them know that I changed the communication method from e-Rx to fax. I think that's why performance for Prescriber Calls is not where I want it to be at each week. Do you call the patient every time you change the request from e-Rx to fax or fax to phone call? I always just choose option '1' and keep moving.
 
Pretty sure he is a pharmacist, or at least he has claimed to be. He has mentioned needing to update his status... Come on, man! Change it to pharmacist so we can get past these posts.



I'm honestly sad that you consider this luxury. Answer a text? Respond to an e-mail? TAKE A BITE OF A SANDWICH!? You act as if we are employees of McDonald's. You are a licensed and credentialed professional with a doctorate. You are in charge of people's healthcare. You should not allow yourself to be treated like a Wal-Mart cashier.

I like how the more important statements aren't replied to. If I was given more hours, I would definitely slow down. If I didn't have metrics, the pharmacy would be ran poorly.
 
Thanks for the reply. I do this too, but I don't call every customer to let them know that I changed the communication method from e-Rx to fax. I think that's why performance for Prescriber Calls is not where I want it to be at each week. Do you call the patient every time you change the request from e-Rx to fax or fax to phone call? I always just choose option '1' and keep moving.

No, I'm not crazy. That dies not effect my reach rate but it does reduce the number of calls I have to make.....
 
For CVS, phone calls (patients, doctors, etc.) act as a filler of any downtime you might have. I wonder what is the actual financial gain of making 100 PCQ calls over the weekend.
 
...I wonder what is the actual financial gain of making 100 PCQ calls over the weekend.
It doesn't matter as long as it's more than the cost of the additional tech hours your get for the task. I believe that number was 2 initially, so that's $18-$32, but I think is now zero.
 
Oh I completely agree that in the mind of corporate overlords any additional script is a plus, since they don't allocate more tech hours to do it. I am only curious if it is a useful practice when you are independent pharmacy.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For CVS, phone calls (patients, doctors, etc.) act as a filler of any downtime you might have. I wonder what is the actual financial gain of making 100 PCQ calls over the weekend.

They drive scripts into the waiting bin and them they get (mostly) picked up. They are looking for a 32% success rate. 200 pcq calls is 64 scripts a week......
 
It may be ridiculous to you. But if they did not time them people would let them sit there forever. Now I'm not saying the logic they use for the timing of calls makes any sense, it doesn't. As for your other complaint. Many stores got extra RPH hours this years and almost all stores got more tech hours this year. It's not where I would like it to be, but it's manageable.....

It's nice to be told by a pre-pharmacy student what my experience as a pharmacist is like. I guess after almost 35 years I don't really understand the profession.

I didn't say the calls are not important, but timing them is over the top. I believe that we should call just once and if the doctor doesn't respond then its up to the patient to find out. It is his or her medicine after all.

I'm not pre-pharmacy. I don't know how many times I have to post that I am a licensed pharmacist. Perhaps if you were reading my posts then you would've understood that. We all know that they've been cutting more and more help and forcing you to do more and more in a shorter amount of time. This has been the trend.

You have a small paragraph of metrics then talk about floaters and say its not much better? I look.at my metrics once a month, that's it. There's no worrying about them at Walgreens. Instead I get to do my job and enjoy it.

Floating may suck but when you have a surplus, someone has to do it, doesn't make cvs comparable to Walgreens.

Also why are you understaffed? I want you to look at your district numbers. Why do some stores have 12 minute wait times and 85% verified by processed time while other stores have 25 minute wait times and 60% verified by promise time? I can tell you it's not due to being understaffed because all stores are given hours by the same criteria.

I'm looking at more than one aspect. Walgreens being less metric heavy is a positive they have over CVS, but floating for Walgreens is worst than floating for CVS. The quality of the staff makes a difference and so does the patient population. In the end they are pretty much the same thing. I have worked for both. But I will say that Walgreens is marginally "better" because of the 8 hour shifts.

This has GOT to be a joke. LOL! You are a pre pharmacy student telling PHARMACY MANAGERS how PHARMACY works. You are clearly off your rocker and know nothing,

Tech hours and pharmacist hours are given to each store the same way across the chain. The same calculation is used to determine how many hours each store needs. Do they give you so many hours that you get to stand around and look pretty? No. Do they give you so many hours that you have to move your ass a little bit here and there to keep up? Yes. But that's fine, because the day passes by more quickly when its like that.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. That stupid myth that "They don't give you enough help to complete the tasks in a reasonable amount of time" is ridiculous. Why? Because we have hundreds of stores, both low volume and high volume that get it done. If they can get it done, then so can everyone else. It just requires you to again, move your ass a little bit here and there.

Also, one thing I've learned in the world of pharmacy- people will always complain about hours. No matter how many hours they have. People will always complain they don't have enough personnel because they can always just move slower and take their time here and there, answer a text message, respond to an email, take a bite of that sandwich, etc. Personally, I DO feel that they kind of gyp us about 10 tech hours a week, but it is what it is. Just be more efficient and you'll get **** done.

If companies didn't track performance, you'd have legions of techs and pharmacists that don't care about their job, don't care about doctor calls and verifying scripts out before their promised time. That turns into a dangerous situation because you have customers who get pissed off, and can potentially transfer pharmacies which will ruin your business. ALL COMPANIES (smart ones, anyway) TRACK PERFORMANCE. Welcome to 2016. Either get with the times, and embrace performance metrics (because they're not going anywhere) or sit around and complain. It's up to you.

LOL you are a deluded guy. Eating a sandwich while working for 12 hours is something that is taking it easy? These people will gladly have you starve for 12 hours and have you stay late without extra pay. These are blood sucking companies who only care about profits. I know of pharmacists on benzos, SSRIs, PPIs, H2 blockers and all kinds of stuff because CVS or Walgreens. I've seen people literally with robotic movements because of this job. You even admit that you are short on tech hours. I don't mind performance being tracked, as long as its reasonable.

But these people have become unreasonable. I've heard of stories like CVS forcing pharmacists to fill shady CII scripts. I don't disbelieve them because knowing the people who have a position of power (DM, supervisor level or above) would probably enforce this.
 
Last edited:
I didn't say the calls are not important, but timing them is over the top. I believe that we should call just once and if the doctor doesn't respond then its up to the patient to find out. It is his or her medicine after all.

Well the employer doesn't agree. You have to contact the doctor three times. The first two times can be electronic or fax and third will be a phone call. If the MD does not accept faxes or e-scripts then it will have to be three calls. They pay me and that's what I do.

I'm not pre-pharmacy. I don't know how many times I have to post that I am a licensed pharmacist. Perhaps if you were reading my posts then you would've understood that. We all know that they've been cutting more and more help and forcing you to do more and more in a shorter amount of time. This has been the trend.

Well then you should upgrade your status. I don't read all of your posts in every thread. Secondly, CVS did increase both pharmacist hours (some stores) and tech hours in most stores this year. They react to the market. As long as reimbursement is being cut and drug prices and therefore inventory rises they are going to try to cut costs. But they haven't tried to cut me yet. I got a 2.5% raise this year. Do they want me to work hard? Sure. But the reward is great. If you have a better deal for yourself elsewhere and you are happy, be happy. Stress is almost always self imposed.



LOL you are a deluded guy. Eating a sandwich while working for 12 hours is something that is taking it easy? These people will gladly have you starve for 12 hours and have you stay late without extra pay. These are blood sucking companies who only care about profits. I know of pharmacists on benzos, SSRIs, PPIs, H2 blockers and all kinds of stuff because CVS or Walgreens. I've seen people literally with robotics movements because of this job. You even admit that you are short on tech hours. I don't mind performance being tracked, as long as its reasonable.

I am not deluded at all. I have been doing this probably longer than you have been alive. It is what is. Could it better? Yes. Was CVS better before? Yes. Can I make anywhere near what I'm making anywhere else? No. Are my scores perfect? No. I take no Benzos, SSRI, PPI's, H2 blockers. I saw stress at an independent doing 700 a week in the 1980's and I have seen stress at a CVS doing 4K a week in the 21st century. I do the best I can and call it a day. I'm not number one in my district in anything except KPM or whatever they call it now. But I'm around the top. Taking into account my volume 2800-3K/wk, my growth 7% last year and my location - lower class urban we do pretty well. But it could end tomorrow. My lead tech could quit and I would fall like a brick to the bottom.
 
Well the employer doesn't agree. You have to contact the doctor three times. The first two times can be electronic or fax and third will be a phone call. If the MD does not accept faxes or e-scripts then it will have to be three calls. They pay me and that's what I do.

Alright. Thats fine. No problem with that. Timing it is still something I don't agree with.

Well then you should upgrade your status. I don't read all of your posts in every thread. Secondly, CVS did increase both pharmacist hours (some stores) and tech hours in most stores this year. They react to the market. As long as reimbursement is being cut and drug prices and therefore inventory rises they are going to try to cut costs. But they haven't tried to cut me yet. I got a 2.5% raise this year. Do they want me to work hard? Sure. But the reward is great. If you have a better deal for yourself elsewhere and you are happy, be happy. Stress is almost always self imposed.

But the overall trend is what I have described. I don't think you can disagree with that. I'm pretty sure every year it gets harder.

I am not deluded at all. I have been doing this probably longer than you have been alive. It is what is. Could it better? Yes. Was CVS better before? Yes. Can I make anywhere near what I'm making anywhere else? No. Are my scores perfect? No. I take no Benzos, SSRI, PPI's, H2 blockers. I saw stress at an independent doing 700 a week in the 1980's and I have seen stress at a CVS doing 4K a week in the 21st century. I do the best I can and call it a day. I'm not number one in my district in anything except KPM or whatever they call it now. But I'm around the top. Taking into account my volume 2800-3K/wk, my growth 7% last year and my location - lower class urban we do pretty well. But it could end tomorrow. My lead tech could quit and I would fall like a brick to the bottom.

That post was directed at NateRobinson.
 
Alright. Thats fine. No problem with that. Timing it is still something I don't agree with.



But the overall trend is what I have described. I don't think you can disagree with that. I'm pretty sure every year it gets harder.



That post was directed at NateRobinson.

Why do you never respond to the important comments? Look at the stores in your district. Why do some have less then 15 min wait times and over 80% verified by promise time while others have over 25 min wait time and under 65% verified by promise time? Every store is given hours based on their store. It has nothing to do about hours but how you use those hours. Clearly you are not cut out for this job because I never have a bad day in my life. I might not be at the busiest store but I still average over 400 per day and I sit when I eat and help every customer to the fullest.
 
Why do you never respond to the important comments? Look at the stores in your district. Why do some have less then 15 min wait times and over 80% verified by promise time while others have over 25 min wait time and under 65% verified by promise time? Every store is given hours based on their store. It has nothing to do about hours but how you use those hours. Clearly you are not cut out for this job because I never have a bad day in my life. I might not be at the busiest store but I still average over 400 per day and I sit when I eat and help every customer to the fullest.


lol are you serious?

I work in multiple districts.

I have no problem getting most things out before the promised time, but its added stress in many cases.

Listen, I've been to stores where I have heard stories of floaters not being able to finish shifts. Been to places where the pharmacy manager was coming in an hour early and staying an hour late just to help catch up. There are some absolutely brutal stores out there. Some stores have had to implement PhLex because the volume is often too much for 1 verifying pharmacist. And those pharmacists often make mistakes and send scripts back. Recently in my area there was pharmacist turnover because things had gotten very rough.

You and NateRobinson are both deluded individuals. You are crazy about Walgreens and he is crazy about CVS.

In the past I heard Walgreens was a good place to work for but recently they are just following what CVS does. Ironic because in the past I heard CVS wasn't too bad either.
 
Last edited:
lol are you serious?

I work in multiple districts.

I have no problem getting most things out before the promised time, but its added stress in many cases.

Listen, I've been to stores where I have heard stories of floaters not being able to finish shifts. Been to places where the pharmacy manager was coming in an hour early and staying an hour late just to help catch up. There are some absolutely brutal stores out there. Some stores have had to implement PhLex because the volume is often too much for 1 verifying pharmacist. And those pharmacists often make mistakes and send scripts back. Recently in my area there was pharmacist turnover because things had gotten very rough.

You and NateRobinson are both deluded individuals. You are crazy about Walgreens and he is crazy about CVS.

You can't use the busiest stores to determine how horrible a company is. Those pharmacists are given 20k in bonuses so its up to them to determine if its worth it.

Oh and stop.bringing up floaters, I'm not talking about floaters. I agree 100% that it sucks being a floater.

My apologies for being able to do my job stress free.
 
You can't use the busiest stores to determine how horrible a company is. Those pharmacists are given 20k in bonuses so its up to them to determine if its worth it.

Oh and stop.bringing up floaters, I'm not talking about floaters. I agree 100% that it sucks being a floater.

My apologies for being able to do my job stress free.

Well I am a floater

And I guarantee you will not be stress free at some places
 
Well I am a floater

And I guarantee you will not be stress free at some places

You need to start your rants with as a floater then. I'm never going to experience stress because I'm not going anywhere. I would say 8 of 10 stores are ran well. All the complaining comes from those 20% who can't handle it.
 
I am not deluded at all. I have been doing this probably longer than you have been alive. It is what is. Could it better? Yes. Was CVS better before? Yes. Can I make anywhere near what I'm making anywhere else? No. Are my scores perfect? No. I take no Benzos, SSRI, PPI's, H2 blockers. I saw stress at an independent doing 700 a week in the 1980's and I have seen stress at a CVS doing 4K a week in the 21st century. I do the best I can and call it a day. I'm not number one in my district in anything except KPM or whatever they call it now. But I'm around the top. Taking into account my volume 2800-3K/wk, my growth 7% last year and my location - lower class urban we do pretty well. But it could end tomorrow. My lead tech could quit and I would fall like a brick to the bottom.

That's why you should always hire so many techs that you don't know what to do with them. Just keep on hiring. That's what I do. I hire, hire, hire, hire hire. Have them train on their own time, slowly, at their pace so you're not forcing them to quickly train so they can start working ASAP.

Worst case scenario, you don't have the hours, so you send them to other stores and make your Sup tremendously happy.

Keep them in the woodwork. Promise them better hours if they do what they're told and impress you. This makes the existing techs work harder and smarter because they know they can be replaced in an instant. Meanwhile, the tech in the shadows is working extra hard to win your approval and get full time hours.

It's a beautiful thing. I don't know why more Pharmacy Managers do this. It's amazing. You hold the cards, and you dictate what happens. It's the way to go.
 
That's why you should always hire so many techs that you don't know what to do with them. Just keep on hiring. That's what I do. I hire, hire, hire, hire hire. Have them train on their own time, slowly, at their pace so you're not forcing them to quickly train so they can start working ASAP.

Worst case scenario, you don't have the hours, so you send them to other stores and make your Sup tremendously happy.

Keep them in the woodwork. Promise them better hours if they do what they're told and impress you. This makes the existing techs work harder and smarter because they know they can be replaced in an instant. Meanwhile, the tech in the shadows is working extra hard to win your approval and get full time hours.

It's a beautiful thing. I don't know why more Pharmacy Managers do this. It's amazing. You hold the cards, and you dictate what happens. It's the way to go.

I stopped reading at training on their own time...
 
Training on their own time, you might as well roll out the welcome mat for the unions and class action lawsuit attorneys. CVS would fire your ass for this no matter how much you love them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using SDN mobile
 
If you feel you can't do it, you quit. Do you refuse to do things your employer tells you to do?

I think the consensus here is that the issue is not that people don't wanna do it. It's just that there is no consistency as to what exactly is required, what is the right way to do it and get results, as even most of the sups are clueless as to how to achieve the metrics. When I was at cvs, we had monthly manager meeting, and the way to achieve the metric was changed every single time. Some rph would claimed to have figured it out and shared with everyone coz they were hitting the high scores, only for them to be the last store for the same exact metric 2 month down the road, doing the same thing.

Most people would do what their employer asks of them, but when there is clear statistical evidence as to the attainability of these metrics, as well as conflicting ''recommendations'' on how to attain them from the management spectrum, then there is clearly a disconnect.

How many stores in the entire nation are meeting ALL these metrics on a consistent basis? I would go on a limb and bet not up to even 20%. Clearly all these employees don't wanna do what they are told, they are not trying hard enough, and must be super lazy.
 
[/QUOTE] Tech hours and pharmacist hours are given to each store the same way across the chain. The same calculation is used to determine how many hours each store needs. Do they give you so many hours that you get to stand around and look pretty? No. Do they give you so many hours that you have to move your ass a little bit here and there to keep up? Yes. But that's fine, because the day passes by more quickly when its like that.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. That stupid myth that "They don't give you enough help to complete the tasks in a reasonable amount of time" is ridiculous. Why? Because we have hundreds of stores, both low volume and high volume that get it done. If they can get it done, then so can everyone else. It just requires you to again, move your ass a little bit here and there.

Also, one thing I've learned in the world of pharmacy- people will always complain about hours. No matter how many hours they have. People will always complain they don't have enough personnel because they can always just move slower and take their time here and there, answer a text message, respond to an email, take a bite of that sandwich, etc. Personally, I DO feel that they kind of gyp us about 10 tech hours a week, but it is what it is. Just be more efficient and you'll get **** done.

If companies didn't track performance, you'd have legions of techs and pharmacists that don't care about their job, don't care about doctor calls and verifying scripts out before their promised time. That turns into a dangerous situation because you have customers who get pissed off, and can potentially transfer pharmacies which will ruin your business. ALL COMPANIES (smart ones, anyway) TRACK PERFORMANCE. Welcome to 2016. Either get with the times, and embrace performance metrics (because they're not going anywhere) or sit around and complain. It's up to you.[/QUOTE]


Just curious.....have you ever worked for any other pharmacy besides CVS?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think the consensus here is that the issue is not that people don't wanna do it. It's just that there is no consistency as to what exactly is required, what is the right way to do it and get results, as even most of the sups are clueless as to how to achieve the metrics.
Then you flunked reading comprehension. There is a tool kit on RX net that explains everything. It explains how it is scored. As for what you have to do, it's be smart. The company gives guidelines. They wnat you to make pcq calls between 4PM and 7PM. I call after 8PM because I reach more people at that time. May be different in your neighborhood.


When I was at cvs, we had monthly manager meeting, and the way to achieve the metric was changed every single time. Some rph would claimed to have figured it out and shared with everyone coz they were hitting the high scores, only for them to be the last store for the same exact metric 2 month down the road, doing the same thing.

If you have monthly manager meetings your supe is a ***** who wears loafers because he can't tie his shoes. That is a complete waste of time.

Most people would do what their employer asks of them, but when there is clear statistical evidence as to the attainability of these metrics, as well as conflicting ''recommendations'' on how to attain them from the management spectrum, then there is clearly a disconnect.

There is no disconnect at all. There is the assumption by the company (wrongly) that every store is fully staffed by fully trained people. If not, it's hard to make the metrics. It's all 100% about leadership. Leadership from the supe to the PIC and leadership from the PIC to his/her staff. My people will go to the mat for me. I treat them well. I treat them with respect. I let them know what I expect of them and I hold them to it. Except for my interns, I don't share the scores with my staff. I want them to perform at a certain level. As long as they do that the scores will take care of themselves. The only conflicting messages are from people trying different ways to game the system. All doomed to failure. The goal is not 100%. The goal is to get a high enough score to keep the crap storm from coming your way.

How many stores in the entire nation are meeting ALL these metrics on a consistent basis? I would go on a limb and bet not up to even 20%. Clearly all these employees don't wanna do what they are told, they are not trying hard enough, and must be super lazy.

Your data is not correct. Depending on the metric, most of the stores are making the minimum.

I work in an urban store doing close to 3K per week. MY SOS is over 3. My WeCare is in the 80's, My KPM is over 90, My CRS is 4. My MCE is suffering because I am in a poor area with a low educational level and some of my best customers are so old they don't have e-mail. Such is life.......
 
That's why you should always hire so many techs that you don't know what to do with them. Just keep on hiring. That's what I do. I hire, hire, hire, hire hire. Have them train on their own time, slowly, at their pace so you're not forcing them to quickly train so they can start working ASAP.

Worst case scenario, you don't have the hours, so you send them to other stores and make your Sup tremendously happy.

Keep them in the woodwork. Promise them better hours if they do what they're told and impress you. This makes the existing techs work harder and smarter because they know they can be replaced in an instant. Meanwhile, the tech in the shadows is working extra hard to win your approval and get full time hours.

It's a beautiful thing. I don't know why more Pharmacy Managers do this. It's amazing. You hold the cards, and you dictate what happens. It's the way to go.

I'm honestly surprised part time workers making minimum wage are fighting over hours and your nod of approval at CVS. I could walk 30 seconds down the street and literally make more at McDonalds doing half the work.
 
I'm honestly surprised part time workers making minimum wage are fighting over hours and your nod of approval at CVS. I could walk 30 seconds down the street and literally make more at McDonalds doing half the work.
CVS and Walgreens paying their techs next to nothing is also a joke