Very fast question!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cocoonero

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If someone failed NBDE PART 1 then retake it and PASSED will the Failure appear while applying to universities??

Members don't see this ad.

If someone failed NBDE PART 1 then retake it and PASSED will the Failure appear while applying to universities??
From what I remember in taking the NBDE, the only scores that appear on your card are PASSING scores. The only time a failure will remain is if you have not retaken it. Whether you failed or not, all that matters is that you pass. BTW, what universities are you applying to? You don't take NBDE exams until well after your first year. Are you referring to residency programs or other graduate programs after dental school?

Thank you for your reply, actually i graduated from a foreign dental school and have my NBDE 1 in 2 weeks. I have studied for 1 month And i am a bit frustrated and feeling that i am not ready. That's why i was thinking about maybe i can go take the exam and see what will happen. So if what you say is the reality, i am relieved now and will definitely go for it, even to break the ice. I am planning to apply in the next cycle so if i dont PASS this time , i have enough time to retake it !! Hope everything will be fine and it passes smoothly, i am doing my best and wont give up till the last minute :) but just trying to know the worst situation :)

Thank you for your reply, actually i graduated from a foreign dental school and have my NBDE 1 in 2 weeks. I have studied for 1 month And i am a bit frustrated and feeling that i am not ready. That's why i was thinking about maybe i can go take the exam and see what will happen. So if what you say is the reality, i am relieved now and will definitely go for it, even to break the ice. I am planning to apply in the next cycle so if i dont PASS this time , i have enough time to retake it !! Hope everything will be fine and it passes smoothly, i am doing my best and wont give up till the last minute :) but just trying to know the worst situation :)
You will do fine. I failed a portion of the NBDE and retook it and passed the next time. That's life. Don't let it stress you out and do your best. It's great that you're allowing time to take it in any event that you have to retake it. Again, failures do not show up on the final score card. All that matters is that you pass everything in the end. Best wishes.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi i am planning to take my nbde part 1 in april..i am studying the dental decks first aid and will take the kaplan online tests soon..is it enough material an time?

Hey Cocoonero!
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but they do mention all the attempts you make at each exam. So the universities will know that you were able to pass the exam on the 2nd attempt (but they won't know what you scored on your first attempt)