Very Good Renal Physiology Textbook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JTHURMA

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.us.elsevierhealth.com/product.jsp?isbn=9780323034470

For those of you struggling with Renal Physiology, this is a very good text for review. It was the required text for this portion of physiology for my school, but it proved to be so thorough that during the integrative portion of physiology, I finally felt ahead! It is very readable and doesn't bog you down with excessive details. Although I haven't taken step one yet, it will be on my list of texts to go back over in preparation. Pick one up, you won't be disappointed!

Members don't see this ad.

The man speaks the truth. I used it in substitute of our primary reference, which was total crap.

The man speaks the truth. I used it in substitute of our primary reference, which was total crap.

the text had some organizational issues, but I can also vouch for its clarity.

Members don't see this ad :)
We had this book as the primary text.

Stanton's the man. :D

A whole book on a moderate yield section of the USMLE? No thanks.

I didn't use that book for renal, but I did use West for Respiratory. I loved it.

I really liked the Lange Vander Renal Physiology myself. It's no longer than 200pg, and highly readable during physiology (not for board prep though).