very late interview... ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lobstermobster

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received an interview invite from one of the schools I applied to, but it's at the end of February! I didn't know they interviewed people that late... Does one still have a legitimate chance interviewing that late in the process?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Because Mr. Polarbear knows everything lol.

Well congrats on getting into dental school.

They interview into very late to fill up their class.

They are selective with their interviews, but once you get an interview, you're almost guaranteed acceptance!

For the entering class of 2010, 235 interviews were given, with 210 acceptances for 78 spots. Since it is a private school, the tuition is expensive and many choose their state schools or Ivys over Case.

For the entering class of 2010, 235 interviews were given, with 210 acceptances for 78 spots. Since it is a private school, the tuition is expensive and many choose their state schools or Ivys over Case.

Bear wizard,

where did you find this info? :D

I also read elsewhere (can't remember where, sorry) that they only do three or so interviews a day, which gives understanding to why they're already out to February (I just scheduled with them yesterday and also got end of Feb). I wouldn't worry at all though; what Mr. Polar Bear says is accurate.

When I interviewed there, they had five people total for the day.

Yeah I got an email from them about an interview yesterday and am scheduled for early Feb.....I hope it goes well

In my interview invite email for Case they said that they are really selective for interviews and thus are interviewing all the way up into the spring; they leave spots open for students interviewing later.

So if you got an interview to Case, it's definitely a good thing! There are high chances of getting an acceptance.

I received mine this past week and managed to schedule it for Dec 1 somehow. Whew! I know that it may not have mattered much interviewing later, but I may be interviewing for Canadian schools around that time and I'd rather have an acceptance in the bag earlier.