very very veryyyy strange situation.....plz help

Started by rxdumpme
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rxdumpme

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay, so i graduated with a Pharm.d in 2011 from Florida.
Soon after that I was diagnosed with a rare kidney condition that needed my immediate attention.
However, I still managed to apply for ATT (Authorization to test) which I received in the mail by 8/2011....It mentioned in the ATT that it will expire on 08/2012....Before my ATT expires, I am suppose to clear both the naplex and the FL mpje.

But I was so caught up with hospitals and taking rest that I never appeared for naplex or law.....never found time to study for it, never took the date, never appeared for the exam.....

Now after almost 1.5 year, the tumor is finally out of my Kidney, and I am fine.
The question is can I still take the naplex and law, or do I have to do my pharm.D all over...
Am I ruined because I did not take the licensing exam untill 1.5 yrs of my graduation....
If I can still take the exam, i need to apply for a new ATT, which is fine, but I need a form called "FORM A" that should be signed and sealed by the dean of my college, and sent directly to NABP.....The very first time I got my ATT, the dean had automatically done it and sent it to NABP along with the form for the rest of my class....NOW my question is that is that same "form a" from 2011 would work, or do I need to request my dean to fill out a new form for me....What if he refuses?

I am literally scared rite now, and I think I will never be able to get licenced and work as a pharmacist....someone plz give me some strength and support....
 
Sorry about your condition. I would just call NABP and/or your state BOP. They would be in the best position to answer these questions.
 
Chill you are completely fine. You have your pharmD they can't take that away from you, I didn't write my naplex for 2 years after graduation and let my ATT lapse and had to re-apply to get licensed. I graduated from a Florida school as well. You just have to re-apply to sit for your exams, first thing you need to do is get in contact with the Florida board and find out what paperwork you need to get filled out and if you need another form filled out by your school. I did'nt get licensed for 5 years because I was doing something else, finally wrote my CPJE a couple months ago and passed and am now licensed, just take it one step at a time and you will be fine, gl!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dear imninja,


I am soooo very releived to rad your post, and especially to find out that you were from a florida school as well. When you reapplied for ur ATT, did u had to make the "form A" signed by ur dean once again?
Or did Florida board of pharmacy allow the very first one that your dean submitted during ur graduation, to begin with?....let me know....You can also PM me
 
Dear imninja,


I am soooo very releived to rad your post, and especially to find out that you were from a florida school as well. When you reapplied for ur ATT, did u had to make the "form A" signed by ur dean once again?
Or did Florida board of pharmacy allow the very first one that your dean submitted during ur graduation, to begin with?....let me know....You can also PM me

Here let me rewrite this paragraph with proper syntax, spelling and grammar.

Dear iamaninja,

I am so very relieved to read your post, and especially to find out that you graduated from a Florida school as well. When you reapplied for your ATT, did you have to send the "Form A" signed by your Dean once again or did Florida Board of Pharmacy allow the very first one that your Dean submitted during your graduation? Let me know. You can also PM me.
 
To answer your question, I'm sure there will be a form you may need signed, but you will not have to retake your PharmD courses. Calm down. I recommend just directly calling NABP.

NABP Customer Service at 847/391-4406 Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Central
 
To answer your question, I'm sure there will be a form you may need signed, but you will not have to retake your PharmD courses. Calm down. I recommend just directly calling NABP.

NABP Customer Service at 847/391-4406 Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Central

Thanks a lot, awval999 for your information. I will call NABP asap.
I usually don't make too many syntax errors but I am too stressed out today, plus a bit angry on myself ("Me and only me is responsible for this mistake" kind of feeling) and hence cant type.
Sorry😳
 
Thanks a lot, awval999 for your information. I will call NABP asap.
I usually don't make too many syntax errors but I am too stressed out today, plus a bit angry on myself ("Me and only me is responsible for this mistake" kind of feeling) and hence cant type.
Sorry😳
"I and only I am" :meanie:
 
Okay so when i called the NABP, they said they have nothing to do with how much time has passed since graduation...They said that all those rules are determined by the state before sending you the ATT.

So, then I called the state board of pharmacy (which is FL) and they said all I had to do was reapply...I sent in the paperwork 2 weeks ago and still no reply. The thing is I only sent the paperwork that was necessary to be filled out by me...But then there was this form called "form B" which is suppposed to be filledby the dean....It was originally filled by my dean and sent to them in 2011....Do i need to request my dean to do it again?

That form b is a proof of graduation, so i dont think it has to be all over again...I mean, my dean filled it once and that itself is a proof that I graduated....I mean i did not graduate multiple times, so why fill out the form multiple times???
 
Okay so when i called the NABP, they said they have nothing to do with how much time has passed since graduation...They said that all those rules are determined by the state before sending you the ATT.

So, then I called the state board of pharmacy (which is FL) and they said all I had to do was reapply...I sent in the paperwork 2 weeks ago and still no reply. The thing is I only sent the paperwork that was necessary to be filled out by me...But then there was this form called "form B" which is suppposed to be filledby the dean....It was originally filled by my dean and sent to them in 2011....Do i need to request my dean to do it again?

That form b is a proof of graduation, so i dont think it has to be all over again...I mean, my dean filled it once and that itself is a proof that I graduated....I mean i did not graduate multiple times, so why fill out the form multiple times???
I have a question, and i don't mean to sound like an *******, but are you ready to jump into pharmacy again?