Vet School Supplemental Applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lambgirl123

Reaction score
Howdy!

Which schools don't require a supplemental application for vet school?

Members don't see this ad.

The only one i have found so far is Midwestern! All of the other schools i applied to did require them. (Colorado, Tennessee,Washington,Iowa, and oregon)

Reactions: 1 user
This also is subject to change based on the application cycle. They may have one now but won’t have one in the future or vice versa. It’s best to contact the schools you’re interested in and see what they have.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Why should this matter in where you decide to apply?

You will be spending 4 years of your life somewhere and tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars. I think it will be ok to write a few essays...

You will be spending 4 years of your life somewhere and tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars. I think it will be ok to write a few essays...
Exception: NC State. Ain’t nobody got time for those like SIX extra supplemental essays (at least they were six when I applied)

But also it could be money. OK State’s supplemental was $75, and it was on the low side. I think NC State was like $150, and UFlorida was like $90? That’s a considerable amount of extra money that you have to shell out upfront for them to tell you no

Yeah vet school is expensive but supplemental fees are too

Ok but super cheap tuition if you get in OOS
yeah I would rather spend $100 and get the chance of way cheaper tuition in the long run (I applied and got into NCSU OOS also lol :p). I think the VMCAS charges more than any individual school either, but I could be wrong

yeah I would rather spend $100 and get the chance of way cheaper tuition in the long run (I applied and got into NCSU OOS also lol :p). I think the VMCAS charges more than any individual school either, but I could be wrong
I mean we could talk about the scam and poor design that VMCAS is imo but I digress

Reactions: 3 users
Ok but super cheap tuition if you get in OOS after year 1
nobody gets in OOS :laugh:

I had a (poorly put together) theory that they are able to fund the IS tuition change off of the fees for applications. :laugh: Everyone applies, no one gets accepted

nobody gets in OOS :laugh:

I had a (poorly put together) theory that they are able to fund the IS tuition change off of the fees for applications. :laugh: Everyone applies, no one gets accepted
Did you not read my post? I did

Members don't see this ad :)
I really do not understand people on this site.

"go to the cheapest school" they chant and then in the same breath "don't apply to the cheapest school no one gets in". :lame:

I really do not understand people on this site.

"go to the cheapest school" they chant and then in the same breath "don't apply to the cheapest school no one gets in". :lame:
We tell people to apply smart, not just to the cheapest ones.

Is NC State one of the cheaper ones? Yes. But is it worth it for EVERY SINGLE PERSON to apply there? Hell no- have you seen their acceptance statistics? If you have a 3.2 don’t bother applying there. When I applied their average accepted cumulative GPA was a 3.8

so while miracles happen and they accept other factors, you also have to be realistic and apply smart. If you have <3.5 even if it’s the cheapest school OOS, you’re probably not getting in! So don’t waste your money!

Reactions: 2 users
Looking back, had I known what I know now, I wouldn’t have applied there. I had a 3.6 GPA in my biochemistry degree, so it wasn’t like I was struggling GPA wise. I would’ve applied to a different school that I had a better shot getting into, even though at the time NC State was my “dream school”.

Vet school sucks whether you’re at your “dream school”, at your IS, or at the cheapest school in the country. So apply smart, try to save where you can, and don’t overburden your post graduation debt, because you never know if you’re going to even make it through the program and graduate. It happens. :shrug:

Reactions: 4 users
Yeah. My school list was crap my first cycle cause I had no idea what I was doing. Applied to 2 schools I shouldn't have. Even in my last cycle, I did the same thing as a sort of hail mary. Waste of money.

Looking back, had I known what I know now, I wouldn’t have applied there. I had a 3.6 GPA in my biochemistry degree, so it wasn’t like I was struggling GPA wise. I would’ve applied to a different school that I had a better shot getting into, even though at the time NC State was my “dream school”.

Vet school sucks whether you’re at your “dream school”, at your IS, or at the cheapest school in the country. So apply smart, try to save where you can, and don’t overburden your post graduation debt, because you never know if you’re going to even make it through the program and graduate. It happens. :shrug:
I'm not trying to be rude but don't you go to an expensive OOS school? (Or am I thinking of someone else?)"Knowing what you know now" would you have applied there?

I think it's smart to spend more on apps to try to get into cheaper schools. Spending a couple extra hundred on apps won't significantly add to your debt load. Going to an expensive oos school will.

I really don't follow people's logic on here. Of course you don't apply to ncsu with a 3.2 because your app will immediately get tossed out. But telling people not to apply to a school when they have good stats and the chance of again, saving tens of thousands of dollars, and putting around $100 in to do so, is poor advice imo. Ncsu also doesn't do interviews. What about all the people on here attending interviews and wasting money on schools they don't get into? You going to tell them not to bother too?

You just have to know your application and know you’re limits. I applied stupidly my first application cycles. Before I applied to four schools with little to no supplementally, and no interviews (because I wanted to save money). All that money wasted.

The two points of my application I think I’m actually not sub par are my essay writing skills and my interview skills. So while those two things cost more money in the process, picking more schools that have that paid off for me this cycle. Just know your application, and maybe save money and apply to schools without those if you aren’t great in those categories. If you need that interview boost or got some mad writing skillz, use that to your advantage and apply to schools with them. You’ll save money because you’ll get in and won’t have to do more application cycles.

I'm not trying to be rude but don't you go to an expensive OOS school? (Or am I thinking of someone else?)"Knowing what you know now" would you have applied there?

I think it's smart to spend more on apps to try to get into cheaper schools. Spending a couple extra hundred on apps won't significantly add to your debt load. Going to an expensive oos school will.

I really don't follow people's logic on here. Of course you don't apply to ncsu with a 3.2 because your app will immediately get tossed out. But telling people not to apply to a school when they have good stats and the chance of again, saving tens of thousands of dollars, and putting around $100 in to do so, is poor advice imo. Ncsu also doesn't do interviews. What about all the people on here attending interviews and wasting money on schools they don't get into? You going to tell them not to bother too?
I go to Oklahoma State. Definitely not an expensive OOS school.

Reactions: 2 users
I go to Oklahoma State. Definitely not an expensive OOS school.
The VIN map shows it as either the 35th or 42nd most expensive school for OOS. Perhaps their numbers are wrong

If you want to talk about wasting money on apps, PM me @ziggyandjazzy . I applied to 38 schools because I'm an idiot. Applying smartly isn't bad advice.

Reactions: 3 users
If you want to talk about wasting money on apps, PM me @ziggyandjazzy . I applied to 38 schools because I'm an idiot. Applying smartly isn't bad advice.
It's not bad advice at all. But saying no one should apply to NCSU isn't good advice either

Even @Trilt who WENT to NCSU jokes that nobody gets into NCSU OOS. Sooooo calm down.
Tis true. My OOS classmates were insane. I think the lowest GPA was like a high 3.6? Unless things have changed dramatically I wouldn't apply OOS unless you're >3.6-3.7ish at the least. If you're middle of the road and really want to save money, come live here a year lol.

Even @Trilt who WENT to NCSU jokes that nobody gets into NCSU OOS. Sooooo calm down.
Telling someone to "calm down" is not really a good strategy. I'm just going to delete my account. People on here are so nasty.

Telling someone to "calm down" is not really a good strategy. I'm just going to delete my account. People on here are so nasty.
Sorry? I mean, I did try different methods trying to get you to understand and you kept trying to argue with me. So I was kind of out of options.

I’m sorry you got offended at my joke? Is that better?

Hey, I know this thread has been inactive for a bit. I'm on the IS waitlist for WSU so right now I am planning for schools to apply to in the (likely) event I don't get in (IS doesn't seem to move). Do Edinburgh or Glasgow require supplemental apps? I have them, WSU, and Ohio on my list and I know WSU and Ohio require supps. Whether they have supps doesn't change if I apply to them, I just want to know so I can budget time to work on them.