Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bump....
thought someone might have something to add to this thread now. 😎
I'll let you know my thoughts come April.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
bump....
thought someone might have something to add to this thread now. 😎
Gee. I hope you thought about it ahead of time. 🙄I'll let you know my thoughts come April.
Gee. I hope you thought about it ahead of time. 🙄
stole my line. 🙁may be debatable 😉
may be debatable 😉
bump....
thought someone might have something to add to this thread now. 😎

Maybe some current students want to discuss the merits of having kids while IN vet school?![]()
Maybe some current students want to discuss the merits of having kids while IN vet school?![]()
Oh yeah, and be prepared to be very flexible. I was not prepared at all for a child who absolutely refuses to be put down ever and must sleep in physical contact with someone. Baby carriers are now my friend, and I go to bed much earlier than I used to, but it definitely shattered my delusions of being able to study while baby happily slept in a swing or after he goes to bed. Very rarely does my day go according to plan anymore either.
The key for me in all of this has been going to bed happy with what I did manage to accomplish (even if it wasn't anything more than getting a shower and getting everything packed for the next day), and being determined to do it all over again the next day.
My mom said she would hold me in her lap and rock me with a book propped open on the table in front of her. It was her routine study procedure.
I just hope that I'll be able to have my cake and eat it too 🙂
I wish I could just KNOW how it will work out for us, but we will just have to find out as we go.
My mom said she would hold me in her lap and rock me with a book propped open on the table in front of her. It was her routine study procedure.
My mom said she would hold me in her lap and rock me with a book propped open on the table in front of her. It was her routine study procedure.
So congrats are on the way?
p.s. I always see your avatar and thing "wow... Lissa is SOOOOOO pretty"
Thanks Packen. I know a guy at Edinburgh (sp?) and his wife just recently had a baby. He said that quite a few people there have chosen to have children while over there because of the free healthcare system. Something I never would have thought of lol.Congrats Lissa!!
I personally don't think I could do it, for the sheer fact that hubby is 3,000 miles away. But I completely respect all of those who are making it work. My hat goes off to you. FWIW, I only know of one student in the whole school that has kids over here...I guess it's because the majority are much younger?
We make it work. For the most part, it just means you stare wistfully at Facebook when you read about all the awesome fun things your classmates are doing. 🙂
If only I looked like Anne Hathaway...and thanks!
One thing that I think will really help my kid situation when it is born is that my husband is a firefighter. He works one 24 hour shift every 3 days. When he works overtime, he has the option to be paid time and a half or to get "comp time" which is paid time off. He has been saving up comp time like crazy so he can take off work when we need it and still get paid.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.