Veterinarians rank third in honesty

Started by Bill59
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Bill59

Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In Gallup's annual list of occupations rated for their honesty and ethical standards released last week, veterinarians rank third with 71% of Americans giving them a very high/high ranking and only 2% giving them a low ranking.

The top 5 are:

1. Nurses
2. Pharmacists/druggists
3. Veterinarians
4. Medical doctors
5. Dentists

Clergy is 8. Car salesman are last.
 
lol...I saw the poll too and almost posted on it. I'm still not sure why we're not above pharmacists....or really why nurses were significantly higher.

I'm happy though that the poll DID include vets. I think I'd have been ticked if they included all the human health professionals and left vets off.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can't believe Veterinarians ranked above car salesman to be honest. Group of scam artisits if you ask me, akin to chioropractors.

WTF? You're comparing vets to chiroquackters? That, in itself, coupled with your frequent use of the word "dude", diminishes any professional credibility you may have had. Grow up, kid. How can you even say that about vets? They have a rigourous education and don't make a ton of money like other health care professions. They frequently work LONG hours, and from what I hear, provide "pro bono" services to their clients more than any MD, DDS, or PharmD.

Vets rank high up there in honesty and ethics because it's true.
 
Chiropractors were ranked 12th with 36% saying high or very high. They were just below bankers and just above journalists.

Carry on.