"Veterinary Surgery: Small Animal" textbook by Spencer Johnston and Karen tobias

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raisin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The book won't be available for purchase until may 2011, but I am wondering if it will be better than Fossum's small animal surgery. The book is going to be 2 volumes, so even fatter than Fossum.
To anyone who has taken classes from the authors of this book - do you think it will be worth waiting for?
thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

The book won't be available for purchase until may 2011, but I am wondering if it will be better than Fossum's small animal surgery. The book is going to be 2 volumes, so even fatter than Fossum.
To anyone who has taken classes from the authors of this book - do you think it will be worth waiting for?
thanks.

Dr. Tobias is simply put an amazing human being. I think it will be worth waiting for because she's simply brilliant when it comes to surgery. She has been complaining about Fossum because it doesn't do justice to the procedures it highlights (or at least, I recall this from class).

I agree that Dr. Tobias is amazing. I bought the surgery textbook she just came out with (Manual of Small Animal Soft Tissue Surgery) and it's excellent, so I can imagine the book you are talking about will be worth waiting for.

thanks for responding. I just looked at part of her soft tissue surgery book on google previews and you're right - the book is FANTASTIC. the photos are superb, and prodedures are explained with a level of detail that is so helpful to a student with no surgical experience.
I think i'm just going to buy her soft tissue book, and maybe just stick with that - at least for now. and it's actually reasonably priced too.
thanks again. I wouldn't have known about that book if you hadn't mentioned it.