Vetertinary Post Application File review questions (What should be asked?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Superdvm

Reaction score
What questions should be asked during my file review?

Members don't see this ad.

You should ask what you can do to improve your application for the next time you apply ;)

Reactions: 3 users
In my experience, whoever you speak with will have specific areas that caused a problem on your app, & they’ll usually tell you what they were. Sometimes they’ll freely offer up advice, sometimes you have to ask more specifically for it. I would suggest coming in with a list of things that YOU think you should do to improve your app for next year, and be ready to ask follow up questions on anything they mention. I had a few of these prepared, but was essentially told by all but 1 of my reviews that they weren’t all that important, and to emphasize different areas either in essays or experience. Some reviews weren’t overly specific or helpful, while others were laser-focused on specific wording of my essays and interviews. So it’ll vary based on who you speak to.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Who and how do you ask for file reviews from schools?

I honestly do not know. I got an email from KSU about a file review.

Who and how do you ask for file reviews from schools?
Not all schools do file reviews and some may only do them for particular applicants (eg only IS or only waitlisted or something). I was contacted about file reviews during the cycle I didn't get in but I would recommend finding contact information for admissions at the school(s) in question and just ask them about it.

Reactions: 3 users
What are your thoughts on file reviews for those who are waitlisted? Does it look better to just wait it out of is it okay to ask?

What are your thoughts on file reviews for those who are waitlisted? Does it look better to just wait it out of is it okay to ask?
Definitely not - waitlisted folks are the ones closest to admission, so they stand the best chance of getting accepted upon reapplication. ABSOLUTELY ask for a file review if you're waitlisted, I had an incredibly helpful one last year from UIUC while I was waitlisted!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users