Video Debate/Discussion on Whether to Take the USMLE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NovaMedStudent

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Recently at NSU COM we conducted a debate that many osteopathic students go through in deciding whether to take the USMLE or not. Please follow the links to view the discussion. The two physicians in the video are
Robert Hasty, D.O., FACOI (Palmeto General IM Program Director) and Joshua Lenchus, D.O., FACP (UM IM Residency Associate Program Director).

Video:
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ruTPdadR0I
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT7upmfdEGc
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJSMDpJMB7o
Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3dztAIy_Es
Part 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-chGRYerZo
Part 6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXc9kM-_3m8
Part 7: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0HYpHCXKdQ

I have also included the link to the survey that was referenced in the video: http://www.surveymonkey.com/sr.aspx?sm=saIZUMk8HDW7wduqJka_2bhoVpCK_2bQ5wCezn8aJycZBIs_3d
 
They both freaking rock for doing that. Would it be ok to share this with the clubs at our school?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We got an email with these videos and the survery results from my school who received it from NSU. The one thing I was wondering was is there more than 56 ppl in the graduating class? I thought it was interesting that only 56 ppl responded overall. What happened to the rest of the class? I'm just curious because we have over 270 students in my class. Still it's really great to see ppl in the osteopathic world put something like this together.
 
We got an email with these videos and the survery results from my school who received it from NSU. The one thing I was wondering was is there more than 56 ppl in the graduating class? I thought it was interesting that only 56 ppl responded overall. What happened to the rest of the class? I'm just curious because we have over 270 students in my class. Still it's really great to see ppl in the osteopathic world put something like this together.
Haha, I'm quite sure there are more than 56 people in the graduating class. Towards the beginning of the first video Dr. Hasty said only a little less than a 1/3 of the class responded, and it seems like he sent out the survey on a Saturday and gave the talk on a Monday or Tuesday, so I'm not sure how much time was given to respond. Either way, its good to see some real world numbers.

Thanks again, NovaMedStudent!!
 
Too bad all the videos have been taken down. What's their title? I want to watch 'em.