Video games

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
UAV -> Counter UAV -> Nuke

Uav-airstrike-chopper

There was no other option in COD4:MW

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The original Modern Warfare released when I was a resident, and I don't think I ever played a multiplayer game as much as I played that one.

You give me hope!

To be honest, I almost feel like I have gained more interest. Especially after evening shifts when I get out at like 1am. There is nothing on TV, no one is awake, nothing like playing a few hours of Dark Souls 3 to decompress.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I can't imagine playing DS3 after a long shift. I get killed enough playing that game when I am well rested, fed, and haven't been dealing with humanities finest for 12 hours

Members don't see this ad :)
Found a great 2D metroidvania platformer on PS4 called "Axiom Verge". Has a very sciencey theme, too. Should be popular with the crowd on here.

This new Anthem trailer though.... apparently the dev team is made up of Mass Effect and KOTOR writers

I can't imagine playing DS3 after a long shift. I get killed enough playing that game when I am well rested, fed, and haven't been dealing with humanities finest for 12 hours

Haha, well maybe I am just a masochist. However, I have gotten pretty good at the game, and maybe after a day of dealing with some of the emotional burden that we see, I take it out by invading other people's games. ><

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

pfft yall plebs still playing 2d games?....... get an htc vive ... Virtual reality is the next frontier in gaming. Instead of playing the game your IN the game. Its awesome

VR isn't selling. There's only a niche of people that want it. And while there was a lot of buzz in the gaming industry for the past few years re: VR, no one is making blockbuster games for it, because no one is buying VR. I think Sony jumped the gun by getting into VR this early big time.

VR isn't selling. There's only a niche of people that want it. And while there was a lot of buzz in the gaming industry for the past few years re: VR, no one is making blockbuster games for it, because no one is buying VR. I think Sony jumped the gun by getting into VR this early big time.

Bro you couldn't be more wrong. I have had the htc vive for a year , there are tons of games and its amazing.
the htc vive is selling like hotcakes, as well as the playstation VR, There are also a ton of AAA titles now too . STAR TRECK BRIDGE CREW , WAR THUNDER, RESIDENT EVIL ,DIGITAL flight simulator, DOOM , ELITE DANGEROUS , BATMAN VR PAYDAY 2 And multiple AAA current standing games are on the way like FALLOUT 4 ,And SKYRIM, and the community just keeps growing.

There are hundreds of games , but here are some my favorites
ONWARD ( think VR call of duty /arma/rainbow six multiplayer shooter )
Arizona sunshine ( zombie shooting )
ELITE DANGEROUS ( flying a spaceship in 1:1 scale if he entire milky way )
WAR THUNDER ( realistic WW2 flight simulator/arcade multiple flight shooter)
HOT DOGS HORSESHOES AND HANDGRENEADEs ( realistic gun range simulator)

its a bit of an expensive hobby to get into ( need powerful computer and the vive itself costs 700 dollars ) but when you get it, it literally blows your mind.

look up some of the above games on youtube

I've got the PSVR and although it was really cool at first... I just don't see much longevity for VR. I think it's a fad with most development companies jumping on the bandwagon only to see it fade with time much like 3DTV. It's a fundamental interface dilemma. The resolution is always going to be less than what you get on a monitor/tv and you're ultimately shackled to a pair of goggles with cables connected to a central device. It's just unwieldy... I keep stepping on the cables, the goggles get uncomfortable after awhile, the novelty of VR wears off and the low res gets annoying. I think 4K gaming is a much bigger deal than VR and has a greater chance of mass adoption. I could be wrong but I doubt VR is going to supplant mainstay gaming for many many years to come. The technology just isn't there yet.

Last edited:
Picked up a 3ds and about 10 games to take with me on auditions. Super excited. Haven't gamed since med school started.

And fiancé stashed a gold PS4 that I can't touch until Christmas. Gonna be a lazy spring I can't wait.

Bro you couldn't be more wrong. I have had the htc vive for a year , there are tons of games and its amazing.

I think there is a future in VR, but not in gaming. At least not traditional gaming. Traditional gaming of gaming for hours on end griding out on a huge open world RPG isn't realistic. VR seems more geared to bite sized experiences. I think VR movies, seeing a concert in VR, or a sporting event, etc... all of that would be amazing. But I just don't see it as a long term replacement for consoles/PC, rather merely an add on for bite sized experiences. And its just too expensive for most people to invest in to get bite sized experiences; which is going to really hurt its growth in the market.

I think there is a future in VR, but not in gaming. At least not traditional gaming. Traditional gaming of gaming for hours on end griding out on a huge open world RPG isn't realistic. VR seems more geared to bite sized experiences. I think VR movies, seeing a concert in VR, or a sporting event, etc... all of that would be amazing. But I just don't see it as a long term replacement for consoles/PC, rather merely an add on for bite sized experiences. And its just too expensive for most people to invest in to get bite sized experiences; which is going to really hurt its growth in the market.
Man, a basketball or football game in vr would be awesome, just like a concert. My only thought is that as the new generations are born, attention spans are getting shorter and shorter. I can hardly sit through a full football game if watching it on tv, and even if I did it would be with a bunch of my buddies. I cant imagine 5 of us sitting in a room with glasses on ignoring each other (I'm assuming you can only see whats on the glasses, not those around you), or looking like doofuses when we try to make eye contact with goggles on.

That being said, I'm such a bandwagonner that if it ever did come out and some people were raving, I'd get in on it.

I could only dream of a huge beautiful open world RPG VR experience. But sadly, I think you are right on that one. RPGs in general are getting phased out since the current generation prefers to play cell phone games or, in my nephew's case, watch someone else play games on youtube..

Metroid Prime 4 announced for Switch :)

Not really on the VR bandwagon, but Star Trek Bridge Crew looks awesome!