VIETNAMESE PRE-MEDs: RAISE YOUR HANDS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi kelvin, i got a ban:love:

huh? I didnt request to ban you... yet. So you want to be banned now? :idea:

Members don't see this ad.

huh? I didnt request to ban you... yet. So you want to be banned now? :idea:

haha , if u don't trust me, just ask some admin....

i just got a warning letter, i will say good bye next time hìhì

sorry for all what i said:laugh::love:

are u a doc in present, kelvin?
how many credits to graduate form high school? 22 or 44
how many georgia bush can pay for me in college?
if i wanna be a internist, which college i will go in(GA)?
is any doc going to surgery?
where is the different between doc and physician?
i got 100,96,93,86 in my report card, is that can make a bunch of GPA?
what test i must do to go to college, i heard about SAT, but i just knew that is a test for 11 grade?
finally, how much i will pay for a medical school in 10-12 yrs?

kelvin, if i can answer these quests i will be a doctor right now. Don't u care about little things i made?

Members don't see this ad :)
Approximate non-resident costs for 2000-2001

[SIZE=-1]Tuition & Fees[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Living Expenses[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Books & Insurance[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Total[/SIZE] Undergraduate $10,794 $7,270 $1,350 $19,414 Graduate $12,794 $7,270 $1,350 $21,414 Graduate Assistant $820 $7,270 $1,350 $9,440 [SIZE=-1] Costs quoted are for a 9 month academic year.
Please contact the Office of International Education for the most up to date costs.
[/SIZE]

Somebody understand this whole thing?

what is undergraduate, graduate, and graduate assistant?

Is it if i study in there 9 months i will pay 19K?

are u a doc in present, kelvin?
how many credits to graduate form high school? 22 or 44
how many georgia bush can pay for me in college?
if i wanna be a internist, which college i will go in(GA)?
is any doc going to surgery?
where is the different between doc and physician?
i got 100,96,93,86 in my report card, is that can make a bunch of GPA?
what test i must do to go to college, i heard about SAT, but i just knew that is a test for 11 grade?
finally, how much i will pay for a medical school in 10-12 yrs?

kelvin, if i can answer these quests i will be a doctor right now. Don't u care about little things i made?

First, I didnt ask any MOD to ban you. So the warning you got is because you posted somewhere else or other people felt you were a troll.
Second, I saw these questions u posted in another thread so I m not gonna answer it.

I'm kinda curious at what everyone looks like? =D I have a picture of you guys in my head, but im sure its wrong.

I'm kinda curious at what everyone looks like? =D I have a picture of you guys in my head, but im sure its wrong.

Ok, I will go first. This pic I took it last year for med school application.

here it is

Attachments

• 3650_632899822307310000_l.jpg
    3650_632899822307310000_l.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 176
Hm, I wanna share this with you guys. I used to sing for some Viet music production when I first came here so here is the pic I took during that time. Dont laugh ;). The tattoo is a stick on. FYI, I have no tattoos :D

Attachments

• kel11.JPG
    kel11.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 176
Hm, I wanna share this with you guys. I used to sing for some Viet music production when I first came here so here is the pic I took during that time. Dont laugh ;). The tattoo is a stick on. FYI, I have no tattoos :D

you're a singer??? i don't recognize you on any Viet video. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
you're a singer??? i don't recognize you on any Viet video. :D

It was 5 or 6 years ago. hahaha, I m thinking to compete in Viet Talent show. First prize is $50,000. hehehe:D

2 weeks till MCATS for me!! :scared::eek::(

First, I didnt ask any MOD to ban you. So the warning you got is because you posted somewhere else or other people felt you were a troll.
Second, I saw these questions u posted in another thread so I m not gonna answer it.

U, my friend, are a nerd

i just took the mcats...maybe as viets to viets you guys could give me some advice...or maybe just to console me...

i was informed that i was going to get written up because i took out my cell phone for 3 seconds during one of the breaks...i wasnt even in the testing room...i was in the lounge...standing 1 foot away from the proctor...either way...they said they were obligated to write a report anyway...

after hours of crying and stressing out...and crying some more cause i never imagined to feel this way after the test (even though i was sure i was going to cry...i always thought it was going to be because of how hard the test was)...

any idea what is going to happen to my score? what AAMC is going to do?

the part that sucks...is that i have to worry about TWO things: 1) are my scores going to voided/am i going to be banned/prosecuted? 2) how badly did i bomb the test? was it so bad that it doesnt really matter what AAMC plans on doing cuz my score sucked that badly...

feel like jumping off a bridge :(

Hey Kelvin,

I'm curious as to what are your stats. UCLA is incredible, kev, good job.

I was in your shoes 2 years ago. Keep working hard, and you all will make it in. Also, good luck to everyone taking the MCAT. I did well despite getting only 2 hours of sleep on it (too nervous I guess), so no worries. If I could do it, you can do it too!

Holla it up. Sophomore at University of Houston. Still deciding on my major, either Bio or Biomedical Engineering. Hard choice, Science Department = Lots and lots of fobs, Engineering Department = Lots of dorks and no chicks.

am viet here. Good to see Vietnamese are become more sucessful each day. Your country is waiting for you to serves as well as your people (who are refuge of communism) :). If only you guys know what I meant.
KN.

Ahoy fellow mateys! I guess I'm one of the few viet Texans on this thread. I sure hope I get in somewhere.

Chào bạn. Bạn có khỏe không?

Hi Whytedaises and everyone else. Are you applying this cycle (2008) Whytedaises?
hi nsx, (color of car?? any mod??)

Sorry everyone, I'm not a medical student. I graduated from UCI in Psychology and planned to pursue my MSW at CSLUB, but decided to go into nursing. I want to socialize with people related to my field, so I can understand and do better.

So am I safe in assuming that any flame wars in here will involve copious amounts of jellied aviation fuel? :laugh:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwqdBkaWsTA[/YOUTUBE]
BTW: I am in no way trying to be hateful towards Vietnamese, I simply couldn't pass up a chance to make an Apocalypse Now reference.
:laugh:

hi nsx, (color of car?? any mod??)

Sorry everyone, I'm not a medical student. I graduated from UCI in Psychology and planned to pursue my MSW at CSLUB, but decided to go into nursing. I want to socialize with people related to my field, so I can understand and do better.

Nursing programs are getting pretty competitive these days. You should check out the new program at UC Davis. The Moore family donated $100M to build a new school of nursing. I believe the first class will start Fall of 2008. Check out this article if you're interested: http://www.ucdavis.edu/spotlight/0707/nursing_school.html . Good luck to you my friend.

About the nsx, I do wish that I have such money in the bank to buy one. :)

Nursing programs are getting pretty competitive these days. You should check out the new program at UC Davis. The Moore family donated $100M to build a new school of nursing. I believe the first class will start Fall of 2008. Check out this article if you're interested: http://www.ucdavis.edu/spotlight/0707/nursing_school.html . Good luck to you my friend.

About the nsx, I do wish that I have such money in the bank to buy one. :)
Thanks for the link, nsx. nursing is pretty competative, but not like medical school- i hear its a 'dog eat dog' world. What year are you?

the nsx, always go with black.

Thanks for the link, nsx. nursing is pretty competative, but not like medical school- i hear its a 'dog eat dog' world. What year are you?

the nsx, always go with black.

I'm currently applying this cycle so I've been flying around a lot for the interviews. I have to dig deep down my empty pockets to find the credit cards. :laugh:

I'll keep in mind about the black nsx. Maybe I'll have some dineros left after paying up my med school loans to buy one. :D

I'm pretty sure there are more Vietnamese in this forum, but unfortunately, they're not joining the conversation.

yea, i know what you mean. you got some deep pockets, my friend. haha

im looking for a vietnamese tutor. i was born in the US and my vietnamese is adequate, but i dont know terminoloy related to the medical field. I work for a Chinese doctor and translate for the Vietnamese patient, but I am not that great at it.

know where i can find one?

You probably don't need a Vietnamese tutor. What you need is a English-Vietnamese medical dictionary/thesaurus. Try to google or amazon for it. Let me know if you found one.

Hey, I'm Viet, too! D'you have any advice regarding essay/interview? :D :D

Hey, I'm Viet, too! D'you have any advice regarding essay/interview? :D :D

Glad to help you out my friend, but first, I need more information about you. Are you still in school? If so, what year are you and where? What essays are you referring to, personal statement on the AMCAS application or the secondary application?

In any case, I'll tell you what I can now. For the personal statement, I spent about three months (or longer) to complete it. In fact, I took a writing course in the health professions and that was our final (to write a personal statement). Give yourself plenty of time and make sure you address the question "why you've decided to pursue a career in medicine?." If you do a search on SDN, you'll probably find many threads regarding this. As for the interview, you must come prepared to answer questions about your application, activities, motivation, ethics in medicine, and so forth. The interviews are the last piece of the puzzle during the application process so take it seriously. I spent more than 60 hours to prepare for my interviews. Good luck. If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

bringing this tread back to life via defibrillator *clear*