Virtual Step 2 CS? Really? No, we don’t want you back

Started by salemstein
Tags Tags
step 2 cs
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

salemstein

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NBME ftw again, gotta get their money somehow. Not sure if other people posted about this, but heres the article I’m referring to: United States Medical Licensing Examination | Revitalize Clinical Skills

When is this s—- coming back? Like, I hope they stick to their rule of not reimplementing Step 2 CS in the “next 12 -18 months”, as announced back in the summer. What can an online version of CS test anyways besides telehealth skills? Do incoming PGY1s next year have to take this before they can sit for Step 3? CS was originally like a TOEFL, but for med students from abroad. Overtime, it morphed into a cashcow for all med student applicants. Just when I thought we were moving in a right direction in removing this hoop, they take a step backwards...
 
NBME ftw again, gotta get their money somehow. Not sure if other people posted about this, but heres the article I’m referring to: United States Medical Licensing Examination | Revitalize Clinical Skills

When is this s—- coming back? Like, I hope they stick to their rule of not reimplementing Step 2 CS in the “next 12 -18 months”, as announced back in the summer. What can an online version of CS test anyways besides telehealth skills? Do incoming PGY1s next year have to take this before they can sit for Step 3? CS was originally like a TOEFL, but for med students from abroad. Overtime, it morphed into a cashcow for all med student applicants. Just when I thought we were moving in a right direction in removing this hoop, they take a step backwards...
It is funny though when they cited multiple times the decision is made based on votes of "STAKEHOLDERs"...I mean if I am one of their stakeholders and make a million dollars from this exam...will I vote "NO"? Hell no...obviously a conflict of interest hahahahah