visa interview appointment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docvikki

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi friends
i have a question regarding f1 visa interview appointment. i m from india and i will get my i20 only by may end and my school starts by july end , is it possible to get an visa interview appointment within 1 month period. tenseeeeeeeeeed . plzzzzzzzzz do reply

Members don't see this ad.

Well yes.
Ditch everything, sit on your laptop for the next few days and constantly keep checking the consulate availability. There will be openings but that wont remain open for long! Good luck.

:thumbup:
Well yes.
Ditch everything, sit on your laptop for the next few days and constantly keep checking the consulate availability. There will be openings but that wont remain open for long! Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
:thumbup: holly ...
Lil addition to that advice from my side.. Wake up early in the morning... like 7 .. Thats the time when the embassy people update the cancellations from last day and upload the newly vacant dates...And that is when all the agents score their dates early in the morning.. So in short , you are gonna be competing with professional travel agents ;) .. Good luck with that... lol..
Actually its not that tough .. In january, i recieved interview invitation on 17th night, i deposited my fees the next morning, and on 20th early morning i got a date available for 24th january ..so just 4 days .. :) ..and this time too .. For f1 .. when i looked on 26th april evening i was not getting much dates.. but 27th early morning i got date for 2nd may ... so thats the way to go.. good luck !!
Well yes.

:thumbup: holly ...
Lil addition to that advice from my side.. Wake up early in the morning... like 7 .. Thats the time when the embassy people update the cancellations from last day and upload the newly vacant dates...And that is when all the agents score their dates early in the morning.. So in short , you are gonna be competing with professional travel agents ;) .. Good luck with that... lol..
Actually its not that tough .. In january, i recieved interview invitation on 17th night, i deposited my fees the next morning, and on 20th early morning i got a date available for 24th january ..so just 4 days .. :) ..and this time too .. For f1 .. when i looked on 26th april evening i was not getting much dates.. but 27th early morning i got date for 2nd may ... so thats the way to go.. good luck !!

Just out of curiosity:p...how did it the IV go?
I bet you made it...I see so many smiles;)

Just out of curiosity:p...how did it the IV go?
I bet you made it...I see so many smiles;)

Lol holly... Yup I made it...if I had not, then I would have changed ”NYUCD 2015” to.”NOWHERE 2015”... :D

:laugh: Lucky u! Congratulations!
Any hassles with the interview? There has been so many horror stories going around about the interviews and rejections. How was yours?

Lol.. Yeah just got lucky .. Actually you are right, there have been hassles this time definitely .. I came to know about two females who got rejected this year.. its really hard.. Going through all the hard work for years, and getting stopped at the last step !! I ll say the worst hit !!
My interview was pretty easy .. Embassy people were in realy hurry, as it was their lunch time, and i was the last one in the whole hall.. so just 2 questions, like which univ, what all other univs, and have you ever been there before... I was through ... But i know few people who had a long interview... I guess just depends on the day ! .. :) and of course the luck !

Lol.. Yeah just got lucky .. Actually you are right, there have been hassles this time definitely .. I came to know about two females who got rejected this year.. its really hard.. Going through all the hard work for years, and getting stopped at the last step !! I ll say the worst hit !!
My interview was pretty easy .. Embassy people were in realy hurry, as it was their lunch time, and i was the last one in the whole hall.. so just 2 questions, like which univ, what all other univs, and have you ever been there before... I was through ... But i know few people who had a long interview... I guess just depends on the day ! .. :) and of course the luck !

God bless em all.

Last edited: