Quantcast

Visiting Schools during spring break?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bgreet

Dopefish Lives!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hey everyone. Unfortunately my original plans for my spring break were cancelled so I decided I might attempt to salvage some of it by visiting some potential medical schools I am interested in. Anyone else plan on doing this? Should I call up the school to see if I can set up an appointment? Was just wondering if anyone know the best way to go around this, especially since it will be so short of notice (my break begins next week).

mlw03

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i would recommend going with stuff planned - ie, don't just show up and expect to be "entertained." perhaps make plans to shadow a student or something like that. i've done that at a couple of schools. it's somewhat informative, but it's gonna be tough to follow a med school lecture because of the terminology.

i don't know what year you are, but unless you're applying for entering in 2005 i wouldn't waste your spring break doing this. you'll have plenty of time worry about this stuff during your application year, and there's just more enjoyable ways to spend spring break than hanging out at a med school.

carrigallen

16th centry dutch painter
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
considering how many medical students will be leaving for spring break, you will be walking into a ghost town.

ahh why not make alternative plans for a vacation?

zinjanthropus

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
there is no point in visiting the school before. apply and if you are fortunate enough to get an interview, visiting will take care of itself.