bgreet

Dopefish Lives!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2003
NY, NY
Status (Visible)
Hey everyone. Unfortunately my original plans for my spring break were cancelled so I decided I might attempt to salvage some of it by visiting some potential medical schools I am interested in. Anyone else plan on doing this? Should I call up the school to see if I can set up an appointment? Was just wondering if anyone know the best way to go around this, especially since it will be so short of notice (my break begins next week).

mlw03

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2003
Canada
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
i would recommend going with stuff planned - ie, don't just show up and expect to be "entertained." perhaps make plans to shadow a student or something like that. i've done that at a couple of schools. it's somewhat informative, but it's gonna be tough to follow a med school lecture because of the terminology.

i don't know what year you are, but unless you're applying for entering in 2005 i wouldn't waste your spring break doing this. you'll have plenty of time worry about this stuff during your application year, and there's just more enjoyable ways to spend spring break than hanging out at a med school.

carrigallen

16th centry dutch painter
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2003
Status (Visible)
considering how many medical students will be leaving for spring break, you will be walking into a ghost town.

ahh why not make alternative plans for a vacation?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.