visitor visa for nbde exam??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

magic girl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi ppl
i am graduate from india.. and m done wth my b.d. s course. i applied for tourist visa to give my nbde exam. but my visa got rejected. my cousin sister lives n u.s n i said that ill b living wth her till i give my exams n cm back. but they interogated me as bcoz ur sister is ther in u.s thats why u want to go to u.s... why did u select u.s only for ur stidies.. they tried connecting that coz mu sis is ther i want to go there..

now m in deliema whether shld i reapply again.. coz hv already takn my dats for my exam.. n nw i dont knoe what to do??it will b of gr8 help if sm 1 can plz help me wth this..
thnk you

Members don't see this ad.

hi ppl
i am graduate from india.. and m done wth my b.d. s course. i applied for tourist visa to give my nbde exam. but my visa got rejected. my cousin sister lives n u.s n i said that ill b living wth her till i give my exams n cm back. but they interogated me as bcoz ur sister is ther in u.s thats why u want to go to u.s... why did u select u.s only for ur stidies.. they tried connecting that coz mu sis is ther i want to go there..

now m in deliema whether shld i reapply again.. coz hv already takn my dats for my exam.. n nw i dont knoe what to do??it will b of gr8 help if sm 1 can plz help me wth this..
thnk you

Hi. I got my visa approved for the same reason but I dint have any relatives there. I may not be able to help you make a decision if you should reapply or not. You can reschedule your exam date with a 25 $ fee if its too close. Hope that helps.

hi ppl

thnk you
well US once they reject on basis of familial ties it would probably stand good and they wont issue again..90 %.. try change status to student visa it could make difference but visit visa most likely u would end up staying ther and marrying someone and get status.possible grounds they would reject you.. sorry but thats the truth..

Members don't see this ad :)
so here is the deal.. one of my friends had applied for visa and it got rejected.. twice.. but then the third time, it got approved. just ensure them that you will come back to india after your exam.. convince them that you have a reason to be back.. show a job or any other commitment back home. that should do the trick for you. basically.. they should not feel you are a possible candidate for illegal immigrant! hope I helped! Good luck :)

well US once they reject on basis of familial ties it would probably stand good and they wont issue again..90 %.. try change status to student visa it could make difference but visit visa most likely u would end up staying ther and marrying someone and get status.possible grounds they would reject you.. sorry but thats the truth..

ya thts true to an extent.. n i compltly agree to tat... bt the thng iz my frnd got 10yrs visa.. n the case was same.. but she had applied wth her mom..
n i had applied alone.. tat wz d nly differnce.. but ya i tke ur suggestion into consideration..thnk u!!

Reactions: 1 user
so here is the deal.. one of my friends had applied for visa and it got rejected.. twice.. but then the third time, it got approved. just ensure them that you will come back to india after your exam.. convince them that you have a reason to be back.. show a job or any other commitment back home. that should do the trick for you. basically.. they should not feel you are a possible candidate for illegal immigrant! hope I helped! Good luck :)

thank u very much for that.. n that indeed smwht boosted my confidence..
but wld lyk to ask.. u mean my job or i am practisng smwhere here.. n commitment means.. i am engaged to sm1 here..do u mean that?? or i hv tie up wth sm organization or smthn..?? ur suggestion wld defintly hlp me...thank u!!

Hello i am a dental student just finished second year bds i am gonna give the nbde part 1 in a few months my problem is visa is my bonafied certificate evidence enough that i would return to india after the exam because i really cant stay in us for more than 1 week otherwise ill loose a lot of attendance and wont be able to give my third year final exam and even if i pass nbde it would be for nothing if i dont finish my bds so if i tell the officer these things will they give me or still no??any one actually has got a visa and has told the officer that hes/she is giving nbde plz let me know plzzzz

Your best bet is to tell the truth. Finishing important studies is a good reason to return. As well as property, parents, job, spouse

Hello i am a dental student just finished second year bds i am gonna give the nbde part 1 in a few months my problem is visa is my bonafied certificate evidence enough that i would return to india after the exam because i really cant stay in us for more than 1 week otherwise ill loose a lot of attendance and wont be able to give my third year final exam and even if i pass nbde it would be for nothing if i dont finish my bds so if i tell the officer these things will they give me or still no??any one actually has got a visa and has told the officer that hes/she is giving nbde plz let me know plzzzz
When are you planning it exam in Diwali?

Hello guys,
M planning For visitor visa with NBDE exam purpose..
So I have to book my exam date or not?
M working under the senior dentist in India
And in my family member mom dad and an elder she is married
So what should be a strong ties in my case?

Guys really need help
Thank you..

Reactions: 1 user
Hi. I got my visa approved for the same reason but I dint have any relatives there. I may not be able to help you make a decision if you should reapply or not. You can reschedule your exam date with a 25 $ fee if its too close. Hope that helps.