MD Visual cues to help remember

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alaaz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so i wonder if drawing visual cues around the material.like for example
The mechanism of aldosteron
I draw next to the paragraphe a wheel

So when i find a question about the mechanisms of aldosterone i remember that there is a wheel next to the text in my slide so it becomes easier to access the memory

Does anyone do somethinf similar

Members don't see this ad.

Yes.
Have you heard of Picmonic? (I never used it but some people liked it, *as an example of visual cues being widely used)

People do all kinds of things, on the side.
One of my classmates made rhyming 'tunes' to remember things. I can't remember specifically anymore because it was so long ago but it used to make the rest of us both laugh and feel annoyed at the same time, as some of them were really terrible.

As long as it helps you remember, it works.
And the dumber it seems to be sometimes, the better it works.
Like mnemonics

Irony is sometimes when you're really tired, you remember the thing that triggers your memory but not what you were supposed to remember. Otherwise, the ones that stay with you, stay with you forever.

Edit: oops forgot to add what visual cues I did.
mine were more oriented to learning anatomy which i had the most trouble with at the beginning. I guess that's more widely done, drawing anatomy. and I color coded my notes. it was very 'tumblr'-esque.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I learn visually as well. I think it's a proven method for some students and if it works for you, keep at it.

Reactions: 1 user