VMCVM c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They just posted an update on the become a vet website. Looks like we have to wait until December 16!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
According to the website, we will now know by December 16th! :(:( They said they are having issues with the VMCAS portal.

Hang in there everyone! <3

Son of a female st bernard...

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know if they will be accepting Fall transcripts since they postponed the date?

here's to hoping that "by December 16" really means sooner :xf: but at this rate I'm not holding my breath!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, guys. Second time applying here! Last year I was ranked 1st on the OOS list and nobody was called! Hopefully this year will be different for the sake of those who stay in the waiting list ;) apparently it was an unusual year as the year before Joyce Massie said almost eveybody out of that list was offered a seat. Good luck, everybody!

Reactions: 2 users
Same here! Hoping I get in this year :)
Good luck! Dec. 16th is so far...:hungry:

Hi, guys. Second time applying here! Last year I was ranked 1st on the OOS list and nobody was called! Hopefully this year will be different for the sake of those who stay in the waiting list ;) apparently it was an unusual year as the year before Joyce Massie said almost eveybody out of that list was offered a seat. Good luck, everybody!

The changes that they advise are to the individual's weak spots in their interview.

The best thing to do in the MMI is to be yourself.

Members don't see this ad :)
What changes did they advise u for this year?
I haven't met with them since....i should have, but my "grieving" didnt allow me to move on until now. I still plan on meeting before interviews though...

I don't understand... "End of first week of December" should be TODAY... Why have we not heard anything????? Unless they are sending out invites on the weekend. Would they do that?

They posted on their website that invites were delayed - but that they would go out by 12/16

Anyone else on here interested in equine therio and/or know anything about VMCVM's reputation in that department?

Anyone else on here interested in equine therio and/or know anything about VMCVM's reputation in that department?

I know they have some great summer internship opportunities in their equine department so I think they are fairly strong!

large.gif

Reactions: 3 users
So, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the website has an update...notifications now have a TBD date. They will update their page after notifications have been released.

Updating it AFTER they've been released? Not even giving us a date to anticipate anxiously over! Come on VMCVM we've been teased for far too long :arghh:

Reactions: 2 users
I'm very interested in what the VMCAS system problems are, that are causing numerous delays. Are other schools experiencing the same problems? It seems like a mess.

On the bright side though, their interview dates have been the same for the past few years and my friend who's a current student says the dates are pretty inflexible. So they have to let us know sometime soon since the interviews are scheduled for mid-Janary!

I'm very interested in what the VMCAS system problems are, that are causing numerous delays. Are other schools experiencing the same problems? It seems like a mess.
Not that I've heard of..... ugh.

You would think we would at least hear by Friday with the holidays being next week?

Wow, starting to look like they're pretty disorganized... to be fair, though, they get an enormous applicant pool, so maybe that was the issue?

Wow, starting to look like they're pretty disorganized... to be fair, though, they get an enormous applicant pool, so maybe that was the issue?

In their defense- They had a huge applicant pool last year with no problems. VMCAS has been extra terrible this year it seems for schools and applicants. I had a meeting with admins at VMCVM in the fall and they discussed how they would prefer to separate from the VMCAS and have their own application database. There are a lot of technical/logistical hoops to go through to do that but maybe after this more recent negative experience they might change it.

My VMCAS hate lives on. Hopefully we all hear sooner than later.

Hey Guys!!! I just wanted to give you guys a *push* of encouragement !!! I'm currently a First Year in the VMCVM. I f you guys have any questions, let me know. Also due to some technical malfuction VMCAS databases are screwed, so the invites for interviews have been delayed. This not admissions fault, it VMCAS; which we have no control over.
Kind Regards

From what I've read, they rolled out a new application this year, and it's not been debugged very well at all. In talking to different admissions offices, I get the impression that they expect serious problems from the VMCAS system every year.

Unfortunately, they are also part of the largest company (Liasion Inc) that does graduate level applications. I applied with them for public health, and it really feels like they don't give much of a damn about how approachable their applications are. Nor are they willing to share your information between application systems, which is really irritating. It seems like they'd get their act together if someone else figured out a better system to organize applicant information competitively.

This is weird-- just got an email from VMCAS saying my coursework has been verified...again. As of today. This is the second time my coursework has been verified (I received the first verification mid-September). Has anyone else gotten the same notification twice? I swear, it's the same exact e-mail and everything.

VMCAS seriously needs to get their act together :eyebrow:

This is weird-- just got an email from VMCAS saying my coursework has been verified...again. As of today. This is the second time my coursework has been verified (I received the first verification mid-September). Has anyone else gotten the same notification twice? I swear, it's the same exact e-mail and everything.

VMCAS seriously needs to get their act together :eyebrow:

I got it twice as well. First on 10/8 and a second time on 11/5...

FWIW, last year the VMCAS deadline to submit transcripts, etc. got set back an extra four weeks...at a time when that deadline had already passed. Wonder if they have "hiccups" every year.

Not getting an email from Vmcas a second time now has me just a tiny bit nervous. Has anyone seen changes in their VMCVM portal?

Not getting an email from Vmcas a second time now has me just a tiny bit nervous. Has anyone seen changes in their VMCVM portal?

I wouldn't be too worried, it's probably just a slip-up by VMCAS. I haven't seen any changes to my portal, is there a chance it might be updated with an admission status before emails are sent?

In October I was given an unverified status (upon which two schools removed me from consideration) and then, like a month later, verified twice. So, I agree; VMCAS is likely navigating a few obstacles this year.

Looks like they might be updating the portal tonight. I went online to check my status and my application for 2016 is...missing. It's been there every other time, so maybe they took it down to edit it? Or they're just deleting the ones they don't like (jk) ;)

Looks like they might be updating the portal tonight. I went online to check my status and my application for 2016 is...missing. It's been there every other time, so maybe they took it down to edit it? Or they're just deleting the ones they don't like (jk) ;)
Mine is missing too :wideyed:

If you guys are still having trouble with VMCAS, you can try calling them and bugging them over the phone until they get it right. I did that before the deadline because they deleted one of my colleges THEN verified my transcripts. They put me on hold for half an hour but depending on who you get on the other side, they may be really helpful.

yeah, mine now says "application not found" .... that's a little nerve-racking...

I also have the "application not found."

I think everyone's says that, hopefully means we will hear back soon!

Same here. I really think that means they're updating the portals :nailbiting:

I just checked my portal as well, I got an "Error 500 -- Internal Server Update" Told me to try again later