Vocational School Accredited By Community College, counts towards what GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PleaseHelpMeDoc

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm in a medical assistant program right now that is accredited by a community college. Will the GPA I receive count towards my undergrad GPA or something else (AMCAS, AACOMAS)? I'm doing it for certification while an undergrad.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

If these credits appear on a transcript they will counted towards credit totals on all med school applications. If these classes also have letter grades, they will be used in GPA calculations. The classes will all likely be non-science in these calculations
They do have transcripts and have letter grades to them but will it count as part of my undergrad gpa or something else? Thats all that I’d like to know.

Thanks again!

If you have already graduated from HS and have not yet graduated from college, then they will count toward your undergrad GPA. If you haven't yet graduated from HS, they will count as HS. If you have already been awarded a college degree, then the additional coursework will be counted as post-bac.

If you have already graduated from HS and have not yet graduated from college, then they will count toward your undergrad GPA. If you haven't yet graduated from HS, they will count as HS. If you have already been awarded a college degree, then the additional coursework will be counted as post-bac.
This was very helpful. Thanks so much!