voiding mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted98530

Hey guys

For people that have voided their mcat exam before, have you had like a confirmation of you voiding the exam sent to you through the mail or to your e-mail? Thank you! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I don't know your answer, but I have a similar question about voiding. Does anyone know how the voiding works with the computer test now? Will a question come up at the end or something, and just like the OP how do we know it was voided for sure?

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys

For people that have voided their mcat exam before, have you had like a confirmation of you voiding the exam sent to you through the mail or to your e-mail? Thank you! :)

i voided ( i knew i was going to do this going into the test) and got no confirmation later in the mail. This was for the paper version but i cant imagine it would be any different in the computer format.

Hi,

I don't know your answer, but I have a similar question about voiding. Does anyone know how the voiding works with the computer test now? Will a question come up at the end or something, and just like the OP how do we know it was voided for sure?

Thanks in advance!

From "2007 MCAT Essentials" from the AAMC website:

Voiding Your Exam

If you are not comfortable with your performance and do not wish your test to be scored, you must note this at the end of your examination. You will be asked to select one of the following options at the end of your exam:
“I wish to have my MCAT exam scored.”
“I wish to VOID my MCAT exam.”

Please read the following, important clarifications:
• Voiding your scores on test day means that you will not receive scores. Scores voided on the test day cannot be “unvoided” at a later date.
• If you begin each section but do not complete one or more sections, your test will NOT be voided unless you complete the void process. If you intend to void the test before completing the questions, inform the Test Center Administrator, who will provide instructions so that you can void your exam.
• Furthermore, if you skip the void screen and do not select one of the above statements, we will NOT void your test. You cannot cancel your scores at a later date.
• The AAMC will not approve refunds for voided tests, regardless of the reason for the void.

! Your test will be voided automatically if you are not present for all sections of the exam, regardless of the circumstances. For example, if you do not return from a break, then we will void your exam. Please read the following clarification

The AAMC will not report your participation in the test to AMCAS or to non-AMCAS schools, if your scores are voided. However, even if you void, we regard you as having attended the test and, therefore, will count the attempt toward one of your three allowed attempts in one year.

I took 27 Jan MCAT and after I finished the exam there was a question that asked if I wanted to void the test check yes/no. So not much different from the paper exam.