Volunteer Dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

A People Person Doctor

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently working full-time and completing post-bac. Been volunteering at 2 hospitals (one since last Nov and the other since January)...however, my class schedule for the upcoming fall/spring semesters may not allow time to volunteer. I am only available on Saturdays and during the week after 6pm on non-school days. Should I try to adjust my schedule and instead take some classes in the summer or resign to the fact that I may not be able to juggle them all.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Just tell the hospitals that you need to put them on hold, and you'll come back to volunteer more when the semester is done.

Members don't see this ad :)
Its your responsibility to find balance and know what that line is to maintain strong grades. As long as you have a good rapport with the volunteer programs, they will usually allow you to go on leave and return within a certain time period. Also, if your service is long term, you need only volunteer one day a week.