volunteer interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPT2009

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to apply next year's DPT program. Most DPT programs require volunteer experience. So I am applying a volunteer position in a local hospital. They require interview. My question is: what kinds of question will they ask? what kinds of clothes should I put on? (I am male)

I am international student and never have interview in the U.S. So I need you guys' help. Thanks a lot in advance.:)

Members don't see this ad.

Clothes: Dress pants/shoes, shirt and tie.

They are probably just doing the interview to meet you, they may ask you questions such as: Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with a co-worker and how did you resolve it? Why do you want to shadow here, where do you see your career going? Just the basic questions that you get at every interview.

For my hospital interview, I wore khaki pants, polo shirt (probably hwhat you would be wearing anyways if you volunteered).

As far as questions, I got the "how did I resolve a disagreement" question and name a strength and a weakness. On the weakness always a good idea to add what you have done to work on it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well... I wore khakis and a polo shirt for my interview. But the interview was nothing like a job interview, it was rather to find out what my goals were and when and what times I would be available to do my hours. In the end, you should be okay. You are there to "volunteer" and help them and the patients.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for everyone.