Volunteer Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMBFan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So there is this peer tutoring thing at my university for subjects like physics, chem, math, and foreign languages. I have def. taken all these classes, gotten A's in them, but I mean I have somewhat forgotten the material. I could relearn it so that I could peer tutor, bec. I would absolutely love this sort of opportunity, but I am just wondering if it would really be worthwhile to study all this stuff this summer? Opinions..?

Members don't see this ad.

well if you got As in them it wouldnt take too long to get familiar with it again. and you can look over you problem sets as well...

I agree, there is no reason not to do it. You have to remember as a tutor you are not teaching the class, you are helping another student learn the material. You don't need to be perfect at it, you just need to be familiar enough to help the other student learn it on his/her own.

Tutoring is a great way to freshen up your knowledge for the MCAT, if you haven't already taken it...