Volunteering Jobs

Started by mathnerdm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mathnerdm

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, so I know there have been a ton of threads on volunteering, but my question is a little different. I have a large hospital near me that I've talked to about volunteering and she said the positions that they have (which would give me the most patient interaction, which I want) would be welcome/info desk and wheeling patients around. She also mentioned she'll look into more clinical job opportunities in the urgent care center, but that in any of these positions there's always room to move around and into other jobs anyways... I think a job at a welcome desk would be fun because I would get to interact with many patients, but is that what med schools are looking for? Or would they rather have volunteers who spent more time "on the floor"? I still plan to take one of these jobs no matter what, but was just wondering how beneficial it would be on an application. Any advice would be great! Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
 
Yeah, that's fine. As long as you've come into contact with patients, you're fine. You aren't going to get a volunteering position doing something terribly groundbreaking.