Vote for Illinois school of your choice!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which IL school would you choose?

• Rosalind Franklin

Votes: 16 5.7%
  • Feinberg

Votes: 87 30.9%
  • Pritzker

Votes: 78 27.7%
  • Rush

Votes: 16 5.7%
  • Southern Illinois

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • Stritch

Votes: 41 14.5%
  • University of Illinois

Votes: 33 11.7%
  • I wish there was an 8th school!!!

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
whoa... people need to calm down here.

I personally think U of C is strong in research, while NU is more known for clinical (more like Mayo). You really can't go wrong either way.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't go to either school, I've visited one, and will be seeing the other in a few weeks. I'm not voting, just because I don't care either way, and also because I think both are very good schools. But I was talking to several of my friends who live in Chicago, and each said that within the city itself, it is overwhelmingly accepted that UofC has better patient services, hospitals, and doctors. That's not to say that NU doesn't, obviously. Just that UofC is preferred. Also, one of those friends told me that the mayor of Chicago goes to UofC for medical care, so take that for what it's worth too. Honestly though, no point in flaming each other. It's all about how each school fits you personally. If NU is better for you great, if not that's ok too. I think everyone needs to chill.

EDIT: I just remembered one thing, the mayor's wife went to NU for breast cancer surgery. So both institutions are very good. BTW, all this information is public, so for those worried about me violating HIPAA regulations about the mayor's and his wife's medical care, it's all good.

I think we can all agree that regardless of which school in chicago is chosen...preparation to become a great physician will occur at all the schools

Members don't see this ad :)
"Hey, kettle, why are you so black?"

"I don't know, pot, good question."

Honestly, I am not defending either school, I really don't care. Things like the above just amuse me.

What I meant by my post is that people are saying that one school is ultimately superior to the other without giving an equal oppurtunity for both. Most are either defending the school they go to or are bringing in their own bias. I know people that went to both medical schools. I know them personally. That does not make my comment hearsay. It makes my comment an applicable one about Prtizker's reputation. If I said oh I heard that Pritzker is much better than Northwestern because I have a friend who turned down it because he knew someone that went there who's an idiot.... well, then thats hearsay. Dont just take things out of context when you dont understand the driving point of my post.

btw, who gives a crap about this. both schools are solid.

whoa... people need to calm down here.

I personally think U of C is strong in research, while NU is more known for clinical (more like Mayo). You really can't go wrong either way.

having lived in chicago all my life, i always thought NU was just where yuppies went to deliver their babies... :D

I like this thread...so I am bumping...

The poll results actually closely reflect how most people would "rank" the schools.

I will agree with everyone else that if you have the opportunity to go to either NU or UofC you are going to get a great school.

In addition, Chicago is a fantastic city and if you decide to attend any of the Chicago schools your next four years will be spent in a place that is second to none.

The poll results actually closely reflect how most people would "rank" the schools.

How are Rush and Loyola generally ranked with respect to each other? Just curious.

How are Rush and Loyola generally ranked with respect to each other? Just curious.

Personally I think both Loyola and Rush are equal and both very good schools...I would have been happy at either...some people will probably say Loyola>Rush but I think they are very equivalent

Personally I think both Loyola and Rush are equal and both very good schools...I would have been happy at either...some people will probably say Loyola>Rush but I think they are very equivalent

Is Loyola done interviewing? I'm pretty sure Rush isn't. I would love to get an interview at either school but I'm not from IL :(

Do Loyola and Rush look for applicants with a more service-based background rather than a research background?

Is Loyola done interviewing? I'm pretty sure Rush isn't. I would love to get an interview at either school but I'm not from IL :(

Do Loyola and Rush look for applicants with a more service-based background rather than a research background?

I think they both look for a combination...I think they are both interested in an applicant that commits a significant portion of time to them

Anyone know if the Chicago schools ever interact with eachother...I think it would be awesome to have Chicago med school Intermurals....I think we should have Basketball competition to represent each medical school. Any takers for helping me set it up next year?

Anyone know if the Chicago schools ever interact with eachother...I think it would be awesome to have Chicago med school Intermurals....I think we should have Basketball competition to represent each medical school. Any takers for helping me set it up next year?

Definately agree with you. I'll help out...although I'm still not sure whether it'll be Feinberg or Pritzker for me.

Definately agree with you. I'll help out...although I'm still not sure whether it'll be Feinberg or Pritzker for me.

Im going to be at Pritzker...so regardless of where you end up your help could be used...I think it would be fun

There is a pretty big softball tournament in the spring every year that includes all of the healthcare-type schools. Those podiatrists play some mean ball. No basketball tournament as yet, but I know a lot of people who would be interested in playing should it happen.

Other than that there is not a lot of intermixing between the schools, which is too bad. Part of the problem is distance and of course everyone's busy schedule. Although there are a few times where people tend to meet, like AMA conferences, I think one school set up a bar night last year, etc.

Sounds like it would be good to have organized

I've been wanting to start an inter-medical school paintball competition for a while now.

What better way could there be to solve this question of which school in Illinois is best?

Forget that US News rankings crap. I say we should settle this like true gentlemen (and ladies) and shoot each other like in the old days.

Who's with me?

I've been wanting to start an inter-medical school paintball competition for a while now.

What better way could there be to solve this question of which school in Illinois is best?

Forget that US News rankings crap. I say we should settle this like true gentlemen (and ladies) and shoot each other like in the old days.

Who's with me?

I'm in. I love paintball.

Who's with me?

Lets do it...it would be nice to have the competition between schools settled via sports i think

There is a pretty big softball tournament in the spring every year that includes all of the healthcare-type schools. Those podiatrists play some mean ball. No basketball tournament as yet, but I know a lot of people who would be interested in playing should it happen.

Other than that there is not a lot of intermixing between the schools, which is too bad. Part of the problem is distance and of course everyone's busy schedule. Although there are a few times where people tend to meet, like AMA conferences, I think one school set up a bar night last year, etc.

there was a battle of the med school bands last semester too...i think 4 of the 5 chicago area schools were represented by at least one band. it was a charity thing...there's actually a pretty good amount of charity events at bars throughout the year that include all med schools (not sure how many people from each school actually attend, though).