This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone hear from Univ of TN Chattanooga? I applied for Oct/Nov

I know of offers for June, July and August.. not sure about Oct/Nov though. the summer offers came out mid April

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone successfully managed accepting offers for two programs that overlap by a week?

Has anyone successfully managed accepting offers for two programs that overlap by a week?
One of my programs moved my start date up a week to accommodate me. Have you tried reaching out to either one and seeing if they will allow you to move the dates?

Members don't see this ad :)
One of my programs moved my start date up a week to accommodate me. Have you tried reaching out to either one and seeing if they will allow you to move the dates?

I’m actually awaiting a response from another program that would end up causing the schedule conflict. Ideally I could start the second program (the one that starts later in fall) to ask them if I can start a week late. That’s my plan for now. I hate to ask but not sure what else I can do since their dates overlap.

Anyone heard back from Buffalo, St. Luke's, NYMC-Metro, NYMC-St. Joseph's?
Buffalo has ghosted like 2903893 applications and 2789277920 follow up emails from me. I figured all of that would have at least warranted a rejection by now. :shrug:

Reactions: 1 users
Received e-mail reply from Buffalo's coordinator that they are reviewing 500+ vsas applications and they'll let me know in the next couple weeks if there' an opening in the block i requested.... got that e-mail 2.5 weeks ago.

Anyone else heard from USF? They said they'd notify people today but nothing :(

Nothing yet from them either - maybe this week? Someone earlier in the forum said they heard back from them about 2-3 weeks ago though..

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing yet from them either - maybe this week? Someone earlier in the forum said they heard back from them about 2-3 weeks ago though..

Waiting on USF as well
I heard from an upperclassmen at my school that they waited a long time to tell him whether or not he had a rotation last year

Super random question. Does anyone know what color scrubs UCI, UCSD or UNLV uses?

For everyone trying to set up rotations, keep an eye out here for open away rotations spots:

It has not been updated for this year yet and I dont know whether it will be used at all this year but its something to keep an eye on.

Has anyone heard back from University of Illinois in Chicago, MCW, or Loyola?

Does anyone know how to obtain proof of malpractice insurance $1mil/$3mil? It’s a requirement for one of the programs I’m applying to on VSAS. Does your school usually provide this?

Does anyone know how to obtain proof of malpractice insurance $1mil/$3mil? It’s a requirement for one of the programs I’m applying to on VSAS. Does your school usually provide this?
Your school will be able to provide you a copy of this. Mine had the completed form, with the coverage amounts, posted on our student portal.

anyone heard from baylor? memphis? st lukes ? or austin?

Last edited by a moderator:
austin i know sent out july,august,september at least over a month ago

I just decided i want to pursue EM... that being said i dont have any audition rotations set up besides my home one. any advice??? i dont mind traveling wherever to lesser programs.

I just decided i want to pursue EM... that being said i dont have any audition rotations set up besides my home one. any advice??? i dont mind traveling wherever to lesser programs.

You probably will have luck applying to smaller community/county programs. You can also try emailing coordinators and asking if there is any avialaiblity before you apply. I dont think it is too late to find a rotation in sept

You probably will have luck applying to smaller community/county programs. You can also try emailing coordinators and asking if there is any avialaiblity before you apply. I dont think it is too late to find a rotation in sept

awesome! thank you :)

Classmate got accepted for a rotation at USF about a week ago. I was turned down a couple days ago for August.

well shoot.
It's late in the game and only have one away and I figure none of my other VSAS ones are going to come back now.

Does anyone know how to find a list of places that offer aways not in VSAS? Willing to go anywhere in August or Sept.

well shoot.
It's late in the game and only have one away and I figure none of my other VSAS ones are going to come back now.

Does anyone know how to find a list of places that offer aways not in VSAS? Willing to go anywhere in August or Sept.

Have you tried Clinician Nexus?

well shoot.

EMRA match. There's a drop down menu at top where you can select "Does not participate in VSAS"

Good luck :)

well shoot.

There's also the ClinicianNexus if you're desperate; just a heads up though, that's mostly HCA hospitals but good handful of them have associated residency programs.

Is the clinican nexus website updated? I wish I heard about this earlier lol

well shoot.

FAU has openings 9/23 - 10/20 (as of yesterday); Southeastern in Lumberton, NC had openings starting 8/26 (as of a month ago).

Is the clinican nexus website updated? I wish I heard about this earlier lol

I don't know what you mean by updated but I have one rotation set up through there for the "prime" months and 2 of them are through VSAS, I still have some pending apps on clinician nexus that I just haven't heard anything from

im waiting on like 5-7 programs for a sept october spot still hoping that there is a rush in july... was this the case last year?

Received e-mail reply from Buffalo's coordinator that they are reviewing 500+ vsas applications and they'll let me know in the next couple weeks if there' an opening in the block i requested.... got that e-mail 2.5 weeks ago.
Any updates on Buffalo?

Hope you're out there crushing your home/away rotations. Kicking ass, and making it happen.

Reactions: 3 users
Super random question. Does anyone know what color scrubs UCI, UCSD or UNLV uses?
Rotated at UNLV last year, the residents wear a light bluish gray color and the attendings wear black. Don’t wear those color scrubs.