VTE prophylaxis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

epidural man

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good Article (attached):

Gordon, Ronald J., and Frederick W. Lombard. "Perioperative venous thromboembolism: a review." Anesthesia & Analgesia 125.2 (2017): 403-412.

(although I almost didn't post because the second author has a bunch of ridiculous letters after his name that NO ONE knows what they mean except himself. What a pompous dick...)
 

Attachments

Good Article (attached):

Gordon, Ronald J., and Frederick W. Lombard. "Perioperative venous thromboembolism: a review." Anesthesia & Analgesia 125.2 (2017): 403-412.

(although I almost didn't post because the second author has a bunch of ridiculous letters after his name that NO ONE knows what they mean except himself. What a pompous dick...)
Um

MBChB is bachelor of medicine & surgery or the equivalent of MD in Australia (and the UK? I don't know).

FANZCA I had to google but it looks like their equivalent to the ABA.

So he's a board certified anesthesiologist.
 
UK medical degree

fellow of the australian and new zealand college of anaesthetists

hardly pompous, anyway thanks for the link
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good Article (attached):

Gordon, Ronald J., and Frederick W. Lombard. "Perioperative venous thromboembolism: a review." Anesthesia & Analgesia 125.2 (2017): 403-412.

(although I almost didn't post because the second author has a bunch of ridiculous letters after his name that NO ONE knows what they mean except himself. What a pompous dick...)
I find it hard to argue about risk reduction when the event has not been clearly quantified.
 
I find it hard to argue about risk reduction when the event has not been clearly quantified.
i guess you never got into the volume responsiveness argument / literature then!
 
Good Article (attached):

Gordon, Ronald J., and Frederick W. Lombard. "Perioperative venous thromboembolism: a review." Anesthesia & Analgesia 125.2 (2017): 403-412.

(although I almost didn't post because the second author has a bunch of ridiculous letters after his name that NO ONE knows what they mean except himself. What a pompous dick...)

Hmm, there is a world outside the US lads! And fanzca is a fairly prestigious title. Apparently it's a beast of an exam