VTE prophylaxis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

epidural man

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good Article (attached):

Gordon, Ronald J., and Frederick W. Lombard. "Perioperative venous thromboembolism: a review." Anesthesia & Analgesia 125.2 (2017): 403-412.

(although I almost didn't post because the second author has a bunch of ridiculous letters after his name that NO ONE knows what they mean except himself. What a pompous dick...)

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• VTE prophylaxix Gordon A&A 2017.pdf
    568.4 KB · Views: 107
Good Article (attached):

Gordon, Ronald J., and Frederick W. Lombard. "Perioperative venous thromboembolism: a review." Anesthesia & Analgesia 125.2 (2017): 403-412.

(although I almost didn't post because the second author has a bunch of ridiculous letters after his name that NO ONE knows what they mean except himself. What a pompous dick...)
Um

MBChB is bachelor of medicine & surgery or the equivalent of MD in Australia (and the UK? I don't know).

FANZCA I had to google but it looks like their equivalent to the ABA.

So he's a board certified anesthesiologist.

Reactions: 1 user
UK medical degree

fellow of the australian and new zealand college of anaesthetists

hardly pompous, anyway thanks for the link

Members don't see this ad :)
Good Article (attached):

I find it hard to argue about risk reduction when the event has not been clearly quantified.

I find it hard to argue about risk reduction when the event has not been clearly quantified.
i guess you never got into the volume responsiveness argument / literature then!

Good Article (attached):

Hmm, there is a world outside the US lads! And fanzca is a fairly prestigious title. Apparently it's a beast of an exam

Reactions: 1 user