"W" on P/NP Clinical Care Extender Internship Training at UCR Extension

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

imtotallynotbradpitt

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

A potentially big predicament here. For those of you who don't know what clinical care extenders is, it's an internship set up by a private company to let volunteers do hands on shift at hospitals throughout Southern California.
Before even beginning your first shift, there are 3 days of training. I wasn't able to attend the third day so I was dropped from the program and so never actually became a volunteer.

The problem is that there's an 8 unit credit/no credit UCR extension course you pay $65 to enroll in associated with the program. To my knowledge, I have a "withdrawn" there. I'm worried that this will hurt me later on.

How will this be seen? The course is titled: Clinical Care Extenders Training and Intermship. In this same exact summer, I also took a 12 unit course at UCLA (regular summer session course) which I got an A+ in, so I hope that supports the idea that I didn't drop the UCR extension course because of academics reason - only personal. Opinions? Thanks!