W or C in orgo?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

similarswordfish

Reaction score
I am doing everything in my power to end this semester with at least a B- in orgo, but it's a definite possibility that I get a C. Is it better to continue and risk the GPA drop (planning on retaking if I get anything lower than a C+) or withdraw and retake next semester?

Members don't see this ad.

I am doing everything in my power to end this semester with at least a B- in orgo, but it's a definite possibility that I get a C. Is it better to continue and risk the GPA drop (planning on retaking if I get anything lower than a C+) or withdraw and retake next semester?
Take the grade and if you get a C- or lower you will need to retake it

Reactions: 1 user
How likely are you to get a significantly better grade if you W this semester? And do you need to take a 2nd semester of orgo, or is this class all you need?

Members don't see this ad :)
How likely are you to get a significantly better grade if you W this semester? And do you need to take a 2nd semester of orgo, or is this class all you need?
I feel confident that I could get at least a B, I'm not sure about higher than that. I do need to take orgo II as well as orgo lab

Because you need to take a second orgo course, my personal recommendation would be to take the W and start fresh. Orgo 2 could be a nightmare if you don’t know the Orgo 1 material well.

Take the W. I think a W is better than anything below a B-.