• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

WAG power question

tlh908

15+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2002
Indiana
  1. Pharmacist
I have a questions about WAG's newer power system - who oversees the call centers? For example, if my call is routed to a call center and I tell them I want to pay cash for 120 vicodin cause I just got 120 yesterday through my insurance, will the tech just fill it like that? I could see a lot of liability questions coming from this power setup.

pezdispenser

10+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2006
  1. Pharmacist
The law requires a pharmacist to perform a prospective drug use review on each new or refill prescription irrespective of whether the prescription is third party payor or cash. They will then make a decision on the therapeutic duplication. Processing through a third party does however give you additional DUR information from other pharmacies.

tlh908

15+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2002
Indiana
  1. Pharmacist
The law requires a pharmacist to perform a prospective drug use review on each new or refill prescription irrespective of whether the prescription is third party payor or cash. They will then make a decision on the therapeutic duplication. Processing through a third party does however give you additional DUR information from other pharmacies.

So what happens when a tech in a call center says sure we can fill the script and the local pharmacists says no way? I can see a heated battle then erupting between the local pharmacy and patient.

About the Ads

UNMorBUST

Mystery Man
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2008
Land Of Enchantment(Burque Baby)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
So what happens when a tech in a call center says sure we can fill the script and the local pharmacists says no way? I can see a heated battle then erupting between the local pharmacy and patient.
This would not be the first time a pharmacist would turn down a script.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.