WAG power question

Started by tlh908
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tlh908

Senior Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a questions about WAG's newer power system - who oversees the call centers? For example, if my call is routed to a call center and I tell them I want to pay cash for 120 vicodin cause I just got 120 yesterday through my insurance, will the tech just fill it like that? I could see a lot of liability questions coming from this power setup.
 
The law requires a pharmacist to perform a prospective drug use review on each new or refill prescription irrespective of whether the prescription is third party payor or cash. They will then make a decision on the therapeutic duplication. Processing through a third party does however give you additional DUR information from other pharmacies.
 
The law requires a pharmacist to perform a prospective drug use review on each new or refill prescription irrespective of whether the prescription is third party payor or cash. They will then make a decision on the therapeutic duplication. Processing through a third party does however give you additional DUR information from other pharmacies.

So what happens when a tech in a call center says sure we can fill the script and the local pharmacists says no way? I can see a heated battle then erupting between the local pharmacy and patient.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So what happens when a tech in a call center says sure we can fill the script and the local pharmacists says no way? I can see a heated battle then erupting between the local pharmacy and patient.
This would not be the first time a pharmacist would turn down a script.
 
This situation can happen if you have an inept tech taking the refill request in the local pharmacy as well. In either case, a pharmacist still has the last say on whether or not to fill the script.