WAG power question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tlh908

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a questions about WAG's newer power system - who oversees the call centers? For example, if my call is routed to a call center and I tell them I want to pay cash for 120 vicodin cause I just got 120 yesterday through my insurance, will the tech just fill it like that? I could see a lot of liability questions coming from this power setup.

Members don't see this ad.

The law requires a pharmacist to perform a prospective drug use review on each new or refill prescription irrespective of whether the prescription is third party payor or cash. They will then make a decision on the therapeutic duplication. Processing through a third party does however give you additional DUR information from other pharmacies.

The law requires a pharmacist to perform a prospective drug use review on each new or refill prescription irrespective of whether the prescription is third party payor or cash. They will then make a decision on the therapeutic duplication. Processing through a third party does however give you additional DUR information from other pharmacies.

So what happens when a tech in a call center says sure we can fill the script and the local pharmacists says no way? I can see a heated battle then erupting between the local pharmacy and patient.

Members don't see this ad :)
So what happens when a tech in a call center says sure we can fill the script and the local pharmacists says no way? I can see a heated battle then erupting between the local pharmacy and patient.
This would not be the first time a pharmacist would turn down a script.

This situation can happen if you have an inept tech taking the refill request in the local pharmacy as well. In either case, a pharmacist still has the last say on whether or not to fill the script.