Wailist status dectectivery

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ValleyGal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am getting rediculously anxious with all of my waitlists, especially as I see all of my friends and all fellow SDNers getting into such wonderful schools.

So, my question is: how do we find out where we are on these waitlists? It seems like Columbia, WashU have a rediculous number of people on their waitlist, while schools like NYU might have some movement. Has anyone been successful at getting an adcom to tell them their chances at getting the magic think envelope? At this point I would like to know if I really don't have a shot at getting in anywhere.

WAITLISTS SUCK!!!! I would rather take the f#$*ing MCAT again that wait around and see if anyone likes me.

Members don't see this ad.

thread is all screwy...umm...Umich said my tier I was in...but that didn't matter b/c I just withdrew. Most schools won't have any idea where you are for another month or so when they can arrange their classes.

weird--I started a thread, couldn't find it, did a search, found it, clicked, and ended up here. Do I have to repost my entire thread?

Members don't see this ad :)
dra foxy... where are you? you aren't really posting from a plane are you? and why are so you so obsessed with SDN!?!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by johnM:
•dra foxy... where are you? you aren't really posting from a plane are you? and why are so you so obsessed with SDN!?!•••••No I'm not on a plane, I'm at school! But I was on 5 different flights in 4 days so I figured when you guys were reading my old posts I would be on an airplane :)

And I don't know why I'm so obsessed with SDN, I just am.

Jeez foxy...you are already almost a grand member!

Jeebuz!

ValleyGal, back to your original question... No, I haven't had any luck either. The schools are so @%*(ing closed-mouthed about this whole stinking process.

If you figure out the secret, please let me know!

hey,

don't give foxy a hard time. you have to admit that you have to be a tad obsessive in general to go into this field or at the very least through this freakin process. :p

last year my boyfriend was waitlisted at uf. my older sister, who was a 4th year and friends with dr. cheong, found out for him that he wasn't "top ten to get off the list, but was very high up." he heard similar news from a friend of his dad's who contacted someone at uf. so even schools who say their waitlist is unranked have at least SOME of the students ranked, and it seems the only way to find out where you are is if you know someone who knows someone important.

hang in there and good luck!

four hold/wait lists and counting...