Wait-listed??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bbs11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got wait-listed from my first choice school, NYU, and was wondering if anyone else was in the same position of being wait-listed from the school they really wanted to attend.

Do you plan to wait and see if you get in, or just plan to attend another school? I know NYU has a high wait list, so I'm not holding my breath. :( Thankfully, I got into my second choice, UIC.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I got wait-listed from my first choice school, NYU, and was wondering if anyone else was in the same position of being wait-listed from the school they really wanted to attend.

Do you plan to wait and see if you get in, or just plan to attend another school? I know NYU has a high wait list, so I'm not holding my breath. :( Thankfully, I got into my second choice, UIC.
Hey bbs11,
How did NYU contact you (email or snail mail) and when did you receive the letter?

I also was waitlisted at a school that I really wanted to go to. But I started thinking about how the school in question (Rush) was SO freakin expensive and maybe it's for the best. At the interview session they gave us the final rundown of how much the program really costs after it's all said and done: $127,000!!!!!!!! I don't even comprehend dollar amounts that high!

UIC is a great school and it's location in the medical district of Chicago is quite amazing. I don't know if you've been there but its one of the most geographically-concentrated areas of healthcare in the United States, which makes it convenient and has endless opportunities for observation etc. I have an OT friend that went to UIC and she loved it. When I went for an info session there they said that some students choose to do their fieldwork in Germany, which I thought was kinda cool :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey bbs11,
How did NYU contact you (email or snail mail) and when did you receive the letter?

I got a letter in the mail (snail mail) and I got it last week.

I also was waitlisted at a school that I really wanted to go to. But I started thinking about how the school in question (Rush) was SO freakin expensive and maybe it's for the best. At the interview session they gave us the final rundown of how much the program really costs after it's all said and done: $127,000!!!!!!!! I don't even comprehend dollar amounts that high!

UIC is a great school and it's location in the medical district of Chicago is quite amazing. I don't know if you've been there but its one of the most geographically-concentrated areas of healthcare in the United States, which makes it convenient and has endless opportunities for observation etc. I have an OT friend that went to UIC and she loved it. When I went for an info session there they said that some students choose to do their fieldwork in Germany, which I thought was kinda cool :)

Thanks for sharing your story, and for the encouragement about UIC. It really makes me feel a lot better! :D

When did you hear back from UIC and how did they contact you? I am waiting to hear back from them now!

i wouldnt wait. just go to your next school of choice. did you apply to columbia, by any chance? if so, have you heard back from then yet? why do you prefer NYU over Columbia?

I got wait-listed from the only program that I was realistically going to attend, then a month letter, my cell phone rings and the program director offers me a seat!

I got wait-listed from NYU too, really hoping I can get a seat. Someone from my school got accepted but she is not sure about going so anything can happen.
Good luck

Hey guys,
I was waitlisted for my first choice months ago and today I heard that I'm in so KEEP HOPE!

So, I got wait-listed for MOT program at Loma Linda University:(. I have no idea what my rank is and they told me to wait until the end of this month.

Also, I got in the interview round at University of st. Augustine and got no news from them. I am highly doubt that they already rejected me or put me on the wait list:(. These 2 are the ones that I am hoping to get in the program 'cause most of the schools have sent me rejection letter. :confused:

I just want to know who else is also waiting patiently to get off the wait-list. Let's keep our faith, hope and give other encouragement.:thumbup::luck::thumbup:

I am high on the waitlist at my top choice school. Luckily, I have already been accepted to some schools, but it is so hard to wait to see if I am going to get into my top school!

Last edited:
Does being on a waitlist mean less of a financial aid package????

I'm also waiting to see if I can get into U Pitt or Toledo because they seem to be more research oriented. Toledo told me a ranking number and I think my chance is slim considering they only take 20 students. Pitt just said their wait list fluctuated so they couldn't give me an idea but they expected to let everyone know before mid April. Last year someone on the forum reported acceptance in May. (I'm not sure I can handle last-minute notice like that, top choices or not.) I hope we have success stories to post!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm waiting on Pitt also. One of my very top choice schools still hasn't sent admissions decisions, so I am waiting for all three of my top choice schools. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
I got into one of my top choices, so I turned down Pitt's offer.. Hope one of you gets my spot! :)

what's up w/ phil? what's so good about this school? everybody seems to be wanting to go there.

I assume most of the schools accepted people in waves. So they accepted their February people and gave them two weeks or so to respond then invited their March people to fill all their remaining spots, including the ones that were not accepted by the February accepted applicants. So we actually are waiting for the final wave of people to respond to them, rather than all the accepted people, as the spots of anyone who turned them down in February were already filled. This might not be true, but it's the impression I got. I wish I had gotten my application in sooner...

Last edited:
I applied to UTMB and was waitlisted and given my rank this past week. It is nerve-wrecking! But, I know if it was meant to be this year it will happen. I hear so many great things about the school so I am excited. If I don't get in this year, I know for sure I'll apply next year again!

Update**
So U. St Augustine has rejected me after the interview. �� I wait for LLu or reapply for the next cycle

cvy if you don't mind me asking...what was your prereq GPA and which schools have rejected your app? Also how many settings have you shadowed? Reason I ask is because I will be applying for the next cycle and my stats except for GRE's because I haven't taken them yet, are similar to yours...

Hi, I have about 200hr +, my req GRE is about 3.41 , got c for physics. Rejection: samuel merrit, dominician, mid western, at still university, nova university, cal state dominguez hills :))

I was wait listed by the two programs that I had interviews with; UTHSCSA and UTEP. I was pretty bummed but I hope to have one more interview coming from UTPA. I'm just trying to trust in Gods plan for me! It is hard and fustrating though :/

hi cv what was your last sixty and how many settings did u shadow in? That's a lot of hours btw...

I shadowed 3 settings : skilled nurse facility, school based setting, and rehab center. My last 60 is 3.2

cvy I hope you get into Loma you sound like you've worked hard for it

Are there certain steps that people should take if they are on the waitlist? My program ranks by tiers and will not say what number I am on the list. I did, however, make the first tier so my chances are high. I am just wondering if anyone reading this has some insight on steps to take if you are waitlisted. Thanks!

I have no idea what my rank is on both of my wait lists because both programs won't tell me. So that's great you at least know your in the first tier. How did you find that out?? As for steps, I'm just waiting and praying I get a call! Lol

I guess just have a backup plan in case you don't get in and hope for a call.

Yeah I plan on being an OT tech again. I was a tech last fall semester so ill just continue that just in case

I assume most of the schools accepted people in waves. So they accepted their February people and gave them two weeks or so to respond then invited their March people to fill all their remaining spots, including the ones that were not accepted by the February accepted applicants. So we actually are waiting for the final wave of people to respond to them, rather than all the accepted people, as the spots of anyone who turned them down in February were already filled. This might not be true, but it's the impression I got. I wish I had gotten my application in sooner...

That's my guess too. In addition, since some schools would send out more than necessary acceptance letters to ensure that seats are filled, I feel the wait-list is like the schools' backup of backup plans.:p

I am also on the wait list boat. I have been wait listed at four schools: Worcester State University, Tufts, Ithaca College and UNE. Really keeping my fingers crossed for one of them to come through since I haven't received an acceptance yet.

I got into UIC off the waitlist. I actually ended up deciding to attend a different school that I was accepted to, but this means it is possible to get into schools off the waitlist!