You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Wait-listed
Started by pubicsymphysis
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ez1023dpt - when did you hear from Texas Tech? And what other Texas school did you get wait-listed at? Best of luck to you!
I was an early admission applicant and I interviewed last week of October. I received my letter of being placed on the alternate list around late November. Well, I just called UNT and was given the bad news that I was rejected. 🙁 Everything is falling apart for me right now. 🙁 I thought I did everything right, I have pretty good stats, great observation hours, I worked almost full time... I'm losing my hope! 🙁
Goodluck! Hope you get in 🙂 We'll be classmates then haha.
Haha I knoooowwwwwwww!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I was told I'm number 45 on a waitlist. Is this hopeful news? Has anyone ever got lucky being this far up a wait-list?
It depends on the desirability of the school (based on lots of things, IMO mainly tuition), class size, etc.
If the class size is 25, then being #45 is probably not a good thing.
If the class size is 60, then being #45 is obviously a lot better.
Bottom line is that if you're on a waitlist, then there's hope. Good Luck!
The class size is 60. I have left messages w/this program trying to get an idea of what my chances are. No response back yet. So down in the dumps today. Wish I had some answer/clarification from the program. Not sure if I should be excited or should I start looking towards improving my application(retaking classes specifically) for the next cycle...
I've been wait listed at my two top choices, George Washington and northeastern (no acceptances yet😞😉
Any advice for getting off wait list or do I just have to wait it out in agony? Haha
haha, advice? I just been keeping myself busy. I call in the admissions every two weeks to ask the status of my application. Fortunately they are extremely nice so it does not seem like I am bothering them.
*UPDATE*
Got an email from the professor I interviewed with at LLU. Alternate list has not been ranked 🙁 But 20 people did not deposit the acceptance letter. I believe this week is their last week to put in their deposit. Anyone or know someone who applied to LLU and got accepted but not going?
Got an email from the professor I interviewed with at LLU. Alternate list has not been ranked 🙁 But 20 people did not deposit the acceptance letter. I believe this week is their last week to put in their deposit. Anyone or know someone who applied to LLU and got accepted but not going?
Are your chances good to be accepted from a wait list? I am currently on 4; Western, College of St. Scholastica, Franklin Pierce (AZ), and Franklin Pierce (NH). I was told that I'm ranked in the middle of the list at FPU, but other schools either don't rank or won't share info. It seems to me that there aren't many posts of applicants being accepted off of a wait list so far this year.... I'm still very optimistic that I'll end up somewhere, especially since I have another interview tomorrow for perhaps my #1 school, but until I receive that first acceptance, I'm going to remain nervous.
Woohoo good luck!![]()
I just got an email from LLU. Ranked #4! Please o please!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ahh you're so close pubicsymphysis! That's great news! You guys that get rankings are lucky! I'm on the waitlist at MUSC and they won't tell ranking or even hint at where you're at... Makes the wait unbearable.
Ahh tyty! I know. I hope I hear from them soon! Real soon! ! That really sucks. Dude keep faith! I know you'll get in 🙂
Off the wait list of my top choice school! Rockhurst here I come! The waiting game paid off and I wish you all the best of luck! Perseverance is the key! 😀
Hey! Niceeee congratsssssss!!!
I just got an email from LLU. Ranked #4! Please o please!
You got this!! I think a lot of schools burn through their waitlist...much past #4.
You got this!! I think a lot of schools burn through their waitlist...much past #4.
haha Yes I do!! Thanks! I hope they zip through it! Ekkk! 😀
I GOT OFF THE WAIT-LIST AND NOW LLU!!!
😍
😍
I GOT OFF THE WAIT-LIST AND NOW LLU!!!😍
![]()
CONGRATS pubicsymphysis!!!!!
CONGRATS pubicsymphysis!!!!!
Thank you! Super excited!!!
I GOT OFF THE WAIT-LIST AND NOW LLU!!!😍
![]()
I'm sooooooo happy for you!!! Congratulations!

I'm sooooooo happy for you!!! Congratulations!![]()
TY!! I am so excited to start! But its in June.. lol O WELL! Time to Vaca right now!
TY!! I am so excited to start! But its in June.. lol O WELL! Time to Vaca right now!
See what did I tell ya? Number 4 ain't nothin! I start in June as well and graduate undergrad about 24 days before I start pt school lol no vaca for me
.
Last edited:
See what did I tell ya? Number 4 ain't nothin! I start in June as well and graduate undergrad about 24 days before I start pt school lol no vaca for me
Congrats bro!! I told you you had a spot locked down!!
Haha thanks. I really wanted to let you guys know! Thanks for the encouragements!
CONGRATS!!!!![]()
![]()
![]()
haha! TYYYYY!!! DId you decide where you are going?!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
haha! TYYYYY!!! DId you decide where you are going?!
I'm pretty sure Marymount, which is great because I can stay here and not move anywhere! The schools I haven't heard from are more expensive than Marymount, so I'm very excited to start. Very excited for us both! 😀
! The schools I haven't heard from are more expensive than Marymount
More than Marymount? That's hard to do.
More than Marymount? That's hard to do.
Well once you add cost of living, they're all higher. My housing & food are paid for if I stay in northern VA, so all I have to worry about is tuition, books, & transportation for the most part.
haha! TYYYYY!!! DId you decide where you are going?!
So I have 6 Fs on my transcript from 2004-2005 I have retaken those classes and got As. It's says on ptcas that LLU will take the higest grade?
So I have 6 Fs on my transcript from 2004-2005 I have retaken those classes and got As. It's says on ptcas that LLU will take the higest grade?
Yea but LLU does their overall GPA calculation differently.
Yea but LLU does their overall GPA calculation differently.
How do they do it? I read about it on there website but didn't really understand
How do they do it? I read about it on there website but didn't really understand
Here's the thread where I try to explain it.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=990546
Here's the thread where I try to explain it.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=990546
Thanks congrats on your acceptance
Here's the thread where I try to explain it.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=990546
What's LLU like? What's San Berardino like? I live in the Miami/ south Florida area
Hi all! I'm on waitlists for three schools so far. Marymount, University of Maryland - Eastern Shore and Thomas Jefferson. I'm in the top-third of list for Marymount and not sure for the other two schools. Does anyone have any idea of the chances of getting in from the waitlist of these schools?
Getting nervous because of no acceptances so far. I have an interview in a couple of weeks at Long Island University but the tuition seems to be around $140,000 so I'm praying to get into one of my waitlisted schools. Those of you in the convo who have gotten in from the waitlist make me a little more hopeful. Congrats to all who have gotten in and good luck to those of us waiting!
Getting nervous because of no acceptances so far. I have an interview in a couple of weeks at Long Island University but the tuition seems to be around $140,000 so I'm praying to get into one of my waitlisted schools. Those of you in the convo who have gotten in from the waitlist make me a little more hopeful. Congrats to all who have gotten in and good luck to those of us waiting!
Hi all! I'm on waitlists for three schools so far. Marymount, University of Maryland - Eastern Shore and Thomas Jefferson. I'm in the top-third of list for Marymount and not sure for the other two schools. Does anyone have any idea of the chances of getting in from the waitlist of these schools?
Marymount's class is full, but I don't know if anyone plans on dropping out. HTH.
Hi all! I'm on waitlists for three schools so far. Marymount, University of Maryland - Eastern Shore and Thomas Jefferson. I'm in the top-third of list for Marymount and not sure for the other two schools. Does anyone have any idea of the chances of getting in from the waitlist of these schools?
Getting nervous because of no acceptances so far. I have an interview in a couple of weeks at Long Island University but the tuition seems to be around $140,000 so I'm praying to get into one of my waitlisted schools. Those of you in the convo who have gotten in from the waitlist make me a little more hopeful. Congrats to all who have gotten in and good luck to those of us waiting!
140k??? It shouldnt even be legal for a program to charge that much...
I'm on the alternate list for CSUN! Hoping I am somewhere near the top...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
GMA2013, would you mind sharing your stats? I'm interested in FP and am definitely curious!
Joe
Joe
GMA2013, would you mind sharing your stats? I'm interested in FP and am definitely curious!
Joe
Under Grad: Southern Utah University
Major: Exercise Science
GPA: 3.49
Pre-req: 3.40
GRE: 156V, 155Q, 4.5w
Hours 75 outpatient private practice, 75 inpatient hospital 10 hours SNF
extra curricular: President and Co-founder of PT club, University Mascot for 3 years, Eagle Scout, and served two year service mission .
There is still a chance for people still on a wait-list!
I had basically given up on getting accepted this cycle... I had flown to several different states for interviews, been wait listed at multiple schools, and been denied countless times without schools even looking at my application. I just received an acceptance letter from Husson University saying they are accepting 2 more students and are moving me off the wait list!
I had basically given up on getting accepted this cycle... I had flown to several different states for interviews, been wait listed at multiple schools, and been denied countless times without schools even looking at my application. I just received an acceptance letter from Husson University saying they are accepting 2 more students and are moving me off the wait list!
Last edited:
there is still a chance for people still on a wait-list!
I had basically given up on getting accepted this cycle... I had flown to several different states for interviews, been wait listed at multiple schools, and been denied countless times without schools even looking at my application. I just received an acceptance letter from husson university saying they are accepting 2 more students and are moving me off the wait list!
congraattttsssssssssss

and sorry for 
