Wait-listed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ez1023dpt - when did you hear from Texas Tech? And what other Texas school did you get wait-listed at? Best of luck to you!

Members don't see this ad.

ez1023dpt - when did you hear from Texas Tech? And what other Texas school did you get wait-listed at? Best of luck to you!

I was an early admission applicant and I interviewed last week of October. I received my letter of being placed on the alternate list around late November. Well, I just called UNT and was given the bad news that I was rejected. :( Everything is falling apart for me right now. :( I thought I did everything right, I have pretty good stats, great observation hours, I worked almost full time... I'm losing my hope! :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I am sorry to hear that. I saw your stats and they look great! It is getting very competitive out there. Best of luck with Texas Tech. I interviewed with them during the regular admissions cycle and am still waiting to hear from them.

So I was told I'm number 45 on a waitlist. Is this hopeful news? Has anyone ever got lucky being this far up a wait-list?

So I was told I'm number 45 on a waitlist. Is this hopeful news? Has anyone ever got lucky being this far up a wait-list?

It depends on the desirability of the school (based on lots of things, IMO mainly tuition), class size, etc.

If the class size is 25, then being #45 is probably not a good thing.

If the class size is 60, then being #45 is obviously a lot better.

Bottom line is that if you're on a waitlist, then there's hope. Good Luck!

The class size is 60. I have left messages w/this program trying to get an idea of what my chances are. No response back yet. So down in the dumps today. Wish I had some answer/clarification from the program. Not sure if I should be excited or should I start looking towards improving my application(retaking classes specifically) for the next cycle...

Just try to stay optimistic. What school is it?

Sent from my DROID3 using SDN Mobile

I've been wait listed at my two top choices, George Washington and northeastern (no acceptances yet😞)
Any advice for getting off wait list or do I just have to wait it out in agony? Haha

I've been wait listed at my two top choices, George Washington and northeastern (no acceptances yet😞)
Any advice for getting off wait list or do I just have to wait it out in agony? Haha

haha, advice? I just been keeping myself busy. I call in the admissions every two weeks to ask the status of my application. Fortunately they are extremely nice so it does not seem like I am bothering them.

I also was wait listed at my two top choice schools, so do not feel like you are alone. I was lucky enough just to get into my third choice, but I understand where you are coming from Maroth91. Just a long and uncomfortable wait.+pity+
:boom: and sorry for :beat:

*UPDATE*

Got an email from the professor I interviewed with at LLU. Alternate list has not been ranked :( But 20 people did not deposit the acceptance letter. I believe this week is their last week to put in their deposit. Anyone or know someone who applied to LLU and got accepted but not going?

Are your chances good to be accepted from a wait list? I am currently on 4; Western, College of St. Scholastica, Franklin Pierce (AZ), and Franklin Pierce (NH). I was told that I'm ranked in the middle of the list at FPU, but other schools either don't rank or won't share info. It seems to me that there aren't many posts of applicants being accepted off of a wait list so far this year.... I'm still very optimistic that I'll end up somewhere, especially since I have another interview tomorrow for perhaps my #1 school, but until I receive that first acceptance, I'm going to remain nervous.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahh you're so close pubicsymphysis! That's great news! You guys that get rankings are lucky! I'm on the waitlist at MUSC and they won't tell ranking or even hint at where you're at... Makes the wait unbearable.

Ahh you're so close pubicsymphysis! That's great news! You guys that get rankings are lucky! I'm on the waitlist at MUSC and they won't tell ranking or even hint at where you're at... Makes the wait unbearable.

Ahh tyty! I know. I hope I hear from them soon! Real soon! ! That really sucks. Dude keep faith! I know you'll get in :)

Off the wait list of my top choice school! Rockhurst here I come! The waiting game paid off and I wish you all the best of luck! Perseverance is the key! :D

TY!! I am so excited to start! But its in June.. lol O WELL! Time to Vaca right now!

See what did I tell ya? Number 4 ain't nothin! I start in June as well and graduate undergrad about 24 days before I start pt school lol no vaca for me

haha! TYYYYY!!! DId you decide where you are going?!

I'm pretty sure Marymount, which is great because I can stay here and not move anywhere! The schools I haven't heard from are more expensive than Marymount, so I'm very excited to start. Very excited for us both! :D

More than Marymount? That's hard to do.

Well once you add cost of living, they're all higher. My housing & food are paid for if I stay in northern VA, so all I have to worry about is tuition, books, & transportation for the most part.

haha! TYYYYY!!! DId you decide where you are going?!

So I have 6 Fs on my transcript from 2004-2005 I have retaken those classes and got As. It's says on ptcas that LLU will take the higest grade?

So I have 6 Fs on my transcript from 2004-2005 I have retaken those classes and got As. It's says on ptcas that LLU will take the higest grade?

Yea but LLU does their overall GPA calculation differently.

Hi all! I'm on waitlists for three schools so far. Marymount, University of Maryland - Eastern Shore and Thomas Jefferson. I'm in the top-third of list for Marymount and not sure for the other two schools. Does anyone have any idea of the chances of getting in from the waitlist of these schools?

Getting nervous because of no acceptances so far. I have an interview in a couple of weeks at Long Island University but the tuition seems to be around $140,000 so I'm praying to get into one of my waitlisted schools. Those of you in the convo who have gotten in from the waitlist make me a little more hopeful. Congrats to all who have gotten in and good luck to those of us waiting!

Hi all! I'm on waitlists for three schools so far. Marymount, University of Maryland - Eastern Shore and Thomas Jefferson. I'm in the top-third of list for Marymount and not sure for the other two schools. Does anyone have any idea of the chances of getting in from the waitlist of these schools?

Marymount's class is full, but I don't know if anyone plans on dropping out. HTH.

Getting nervous because of no acceptances so far. I have an interview in a couple of weeks at Long Island University but the tuition seems to be around $140,000 so I'm praying to get into one of my waitlisted schools. Those of you in the convo who have gotten in from the waitlist make me a little more hopeful. Congrats to all who have gotten in and good luck to those of us waiting!

140k??? It shouldnt even be legal for a program to charge that much...

I'm on the alternate list for CSUN! Hoping I am somewhere near the top...

I was on 4 wait lists and just got off one and into Franklin Pierce! I had already come to the conclusion I would have to apply again!

GMA2013, would you mind sharing your stats? I'm interested in FP and am definitely curious!

Joe

GMA2013, would you mind sharing your stats? I'm interested in FP and am definitely curious!

Joe

Under Grad: Southern Utah University
Major: Exercise Science
GPA: 3.49
Pre-req: 3.40
GRE: 156V, 155Q, 4.5w
Hours 75 outpatient private practice, 75 inpatient hospital 10 hours SNF
extra curricular: President and Co-founder of PT club, University Mascot for 3 years, Eagle Scout, and served two year service mission .

I'm waitlisted at UOP my top choice :-/ anyone else waitlisted there? Or anyone who has a spot and going elsewhere?

There is still a chance for people still on a wait-list!

I had basically given up on getting accepted this cycle... I had flown to several different states for interviews, been wait listed at multiple schools, and been denied countless times without schools even looking at my application. I just received an acceptance letter from Husson University saying they are accepting 2 more students and are moving me off the wait list!

Last edited:
there is still a chance for people still on a wait-list!

I had basically given up on getting accepted this cycle... I had flown to several different states for interviews, been wait listed at multiple schools, and been denied countless times without schools even looking at my application. I just received an acceptance letter from husson university saying they are accepting 2 more students and are moving me off the wait list!

congraattttsssssssssss