Wait-listed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How does the "middle of the top 15" on the alternate list sound? They accept 35-40 applicants at UTHSCSA. I'm hoping I get picked.

Members don't see this ad.

accepting 35 - 40 applicants is a little bit less than average. I think average is about 50 students. Did you ask the admissions office on average how many they accept of the wait list? Mid top 15 sounds decent.

accepting 35 - 40 applicants is a little bit less than average. I think average is about 50 students. Did you ask the admissions office on average how many they accept of the wait list? Mid top 15 sounds decent.

I see you were number 4 and got selected. Congratulations!! I wish I was picked that fast. 40 is max. When I asked they said it's a 50/50 chance. But I don't know why she can't put a number on my position and how far into the list they go.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm currently on the waitlist for Georgia Regents, position 21... the class size is 40 and I know there are at least about 50 people on the waitlist... Not getting my hopes up but crossing my fingers...

Reactions: 1 user
I'm currently on the waitlist for Georgia Regents, position 21... the class size is 40 and I know there are at least about 50 people on the waitlist... Not getting my hopes up but crossing my fingers...
The fact they need a list of 50 sounds like they move through the list pretty well. We're in the same boat. I hope you get in.

The fact they need a list of 50 sounds like they move through the list pretty well. We're in the same boat. I hope you get in.

Thank you! I hope you get in as well!

I got waitlisted at two schools. They said I am position 17 and most they took off the waitlist is 27 and least of only 10 people in previous years from a waitlist group of 50. Im kinda scared now since they email me recently stating they completed their class of 35 students and told me they frequently take people off the waitlist as late as May when class start. If I am position 17, isn't it highly unlikely that from that class of 35, 17 or 18 accepted people wont attend?
Well just keep in mind that of those 35 people accepted, they might not have that school as their top choice. Those 35 people may have applied to one or more other schools or have even gotten in at other schools as well. Just keep up hope! Anything can happen.

I was wait-listed at WU, let's see how that goes.

How many people on average do school put on a wait list?

How many people on average do school put on a wait list?
It greatly varies from school to school. CSUN accepted 127 students from their waitlist last year and Mt St Mary's has 145 on their list, while Seton Hall keeps only 10-12 students on the waitlist.

Georgia regents has already moved through 17 people on their waitlist so there's definitely hope!

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the optimism hopefulapplicant but I just learned all 35 students paid their tuition deposits for the upcoming class. There may be some wiggle room for a couple of students high on the waitlist but unfortunately for me it's hopefully next year.

Last edited:
I got waitlisted at two schools. They said I am position 17 and most they took off the waitlist is 27 and least of only 10 people in previous years from a waitlist group of 50. Im kinda scared now since they email me recently stating they completed their class of 35 students and told me they frequently take people off the waitlist as late as May when class start. If I am position 17, isn't it highly unlikely that from that class of 35, 17 or 18 accepted people wont attend?
I know exactly where you're coming from. It's like no one knows the answer but you ask anyway in the hopes that you will completely be convinced.
I like the thought that people in a better position on the list take themselves off as well bringing you closer.
Potential DPT students' #1 goal is to get into a PT school so even if they're waiting for an interview at their #1 school they (well at least I'll) pay whatever deposit to hold a seat and would leave to my #1 school if offered.
Some can't go due to finances, medical reasons, or family issues.
Some choose not to because other acceptances, work, last minute decision that they would prefer to go local to save money.
I feel with more schools (especially in TX) and more applicants the list moves more. But I don't know for sure. Just stay positive and keep in contact with the school. You'll get that Email or call when you least expect it.
Long post. Lol Whatever helps time go by quicker on this exercise bike.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious, how often do you guys check in with schools about your waitlist position? One school recommended every 6 weeks, so that's what I do for them, but do any of you check in more frequently? Do you find that you see significant movement in the list?

Just curious, how often do you guys check in with schools about your waitlist position? One school recommended every 6 weeks, so that's what I do for them, but do any of you check in more frequently? Do you find that you see significant movement in the list?

The two schools I'm waiting on, Belmont and UTC, don't disclose your wait list position unfortunately.

Did you all ask the schools where you were on the wait list or did they just inform you of this?

The two schools I'm waiting on, Belmont and UTC, don't disclose your wait list position unfortunately.
Did you email Belmont and ask about your wait list position? I was just about to do that

Did you email Belmont and ask about your wait list position? I was just about to do that

When i Interviewed there they said they did not disclose the wait list position until later in the spring, but you can try your luck. Let me know if they will release them yet!

Thomas Jefferson U has a waitlist of around 200 applicants, of whom they only end up accepting two or three, if any, according to the email they sent me. Honestly, that's ridiculous. Why have a waitlist that large if almost everyone is accepting offers there?

Thomas Jefferson U has a waitlist of around 200 applicants, of whom they only end up accepting two or three, if any, according to the email they sent me. Honestly, that's ridiculous. Why have a waitlist that large if almost everyone is accepting offers there?

Ugh that sucks!

I believe most of their class is filled by undergrads from their combined program agreement with Villanova. IIRC, there aren't usually many, if any, seats up for grabs by outside students. Makes me wonder why so many people apply there, it makes it much more competitive.

For any UIC alternates,

I was taken off the alternate list this morning (2/5) and offered admission, so they have begun wading through the alternates. No idea what # I was as they don't reveal that info.

I waiting to hear from UNF. I was waitlisted

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

Anyone that was waitlisted there hear back from Belmont or UTC yet?

welp... heard from all my schools and waitlist is all i have to hope for. neither school discloses waitlist rank, but is it unwise to email them and ask for a general idea of what my chances would be given previous years' trend? i am worried about pestering them when it is useless...

welp... heard from all my schools and waitlist is all i have to hope for. neither school discloses waitlist rank, but is it unwise to email them and ask for a general idea of what my chances would be given previous years' trend? i am worried about pestering them when it is useless...
I feel your pain justbelieve 1230. I am wait listed at Puget Sound, Western University and Pacific University this year. Really not interested in spending so much money on applications this July! I feel like I'm a good candidate, but when they're are nearly 1,000 people applying I guess I don't look as good. It's a bit of a bummer to be told more than once that you're almost good enough.

I interviewed at three schools last year, and was waitlisted to all three. I didn't get in to any schools and it sucked ( I'm not saying that if you are waitlisted you won't get in (I know a lot of people who were waitlisted and did get in)). I just want to let you guys know that if you don't get into your school this year, the application process the second time around goes way better. I know that my first time applying and interviewing was overwhelming. The second time going through the process is way better. You'll have a better idea of what you are doing on PTCAS, and when it comes time to interview you'll know how to practice because you've already gone through the process once before.

Anyone that was waitlisted there hear back from Belmont or UTC yet?
I was waitlisted at UTC back in early December and haven't heard anything since then. I think it could be a while - the email said most students who drop their seat do so in April/May.

I interviewed at three schools last year, and was waitlisted to all three. I didn't get in to any schools and it sucked ( I'm not saying that if you are waitlisted you won't get in (I know a lot of people who were waitlisted and did get in)). I just want to let you guys know that if you don't get into your school this year, the application process the second time around goes way better. I know that my first time applying and interviewing was overwhelming. The second time going through the process is way better. You'll have a better idea of what you are doing on PTCAS, and when it comes time to interview you'll know how to practice because you've already gone through the process once before.

i shall be really speedy at filling ptcas, as it'll be my third application cycle! i am just really unsure of what to do during the year. i am already post-bac this year. i don't want to do a master's program. i will have to start paying student loans come november, so getting another job will limit the time that i have to volunteer and gain more hours. i am thinking of retaking gen chem at a community college this summer, which will really limit time to gain experience hours. i have also debated taking a cycle off, then reapply in the 2015-2016 cycle. then i would for sure have to retake both gen chems, as they will be too old. so many things are up in the air. all i really want is the ability to plan. uncertainty, in my opinion, is the most taxing part of being on a waitlist.

So I am on the waitlist for GRU. I was initially 21st, then 4th (started to have hope!) but after their final interview session I got moved back to 12th. Their program begins in May so I'm not as accustomed to that timeline... Does anyone know if for May/summer start programs there is movement on the waitlist this late? I'm definitely not getting my hopes up but I'm nervous that their start date is coming up so soon! If I were to get selected I would have to do some serious scrambling!

Wait listed by musc and my school of choice UNF :cryi:. I have gotten into Emory and Henry which is in the initial accreditation phase has any had any exp. with these preacreditation schools? I'm not sure I want to go there but it's a school and I'm not to fused about where I go so long as I get to be a dpt long term. Any one know any advice?

So I am waitlisted by two schools and am waiting on the ruling from another. I don't really enjoy asking this, but how do you deal with the anxiety of the waiting game? This process is almost cruel and unusual! ;) I don't know if I will get a decent night's sleep until I receive my first acceptance notification.

So I am waitlisted by two schools and am waiting on the ruling from another. I don't really enjoy asking this, but how do you deal with the anxiety of the waiting game? This process is almost cruel and unusual! ;) I don't know if I will get a decent night's sleep until I receive my first acceptance notification.
Exercise for the sleep problem! Best thing for it. Also try reading a book play a game something you enjoy that engages you. Basically Try not to be idle. Also I know no one likes to think about it but start focusing on next years cycle. This is my second year applying and I found getting out and going to a clinic actually helped the most it made me remember why I put myself through it all! It also helps your next years application to look like you never stopped! Hope this helps lol we need a support group or something wait listed anonymous!

I was stressed out to the max when I was waitlisted last year too. like zdetsch mentioned I focused on the next years cycle. I made a list of all the things that I would improve on in my application. Then I worked my behind off to check off everything on the list. That's the only way I got through the wait, by thinking I wasn't going to get in off the watilist. Maybe a little bit of a gloomy mindset, but its the only thing I could do to keep myself from obsessing. I like a solid plan, and when you are waitlisted everything is up in the air.
I also agree that there should be a waitlisted anonymous.

Thanks guys. I know I know the answer to this, but things become so cloudy when that alternate letter arrives. I still have a small handful of prereqs I'm working on, so that keeps me busy, but remaining focused on those can be challenging - especially when their relevance to PT is quite low. I've already started looking at what I would do if I'm not accepted this year, but doing so hurts the pride quite a bit. I thought for sure I would get in the first time around. We shall see I suppose.

Hey guys, has anyone here applied to the University of Scranton? I received a letter from them stating that I'm on the wait list and should receive a final decision by April 30th. Anyone know how (or if) they select students off their wait list? I'm hoping that getting my BS there for undergrad should put me somewhere close to the top but unfortunately they don't disclose your number on the wait list. I'm nervous!

I was waitlisted at UTC back in early December and haven't heard anything since then. I think it could be a while - the email said most students who drop their seat do so in April/May.

I just received an email that UTC is finishing up reviewing academic updates for the fall and that they will be making substantial cuts to their waitlist in early March, and that typically they have a lot of movement from the waitlist in March through April. Fingers crossed and good luck!

After waiting for months I finally heard back from my top choice. Washington University of Saint Louis, top 3 PT school in the nation! I can't even begin to contain my excitement! Never give up hope!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
After waiting for months I finally heard back from my top choice. Washington University of Saint Louis, top 3 PT school in the nation! I can't even begin to contain my excitement! Never give up hope!

CONGRATULATIONS TTU! it's been a long journey for you. Thanks for giving us hope. :)

I was wait listed at two schools. Number thirteen on one of the lists. Is there even a chance of me getting accepted?

Hey guys, has anyone here applied to the University of Scranton? I received a letter from them stating that I'm on the wait list and should receive a final decision by April 30th. Anyone know how (or if) they select students off their wait list? I'm hoping that getting my BS there for undergrad should put me somewhere close to the top but unfortunately they don't disclose your number on the wait list. I'm nervous!
I applied there also and have been waitlisted as well. It would be nice to know where you stand on the wait list but unfortunately they don't share that information

I was wait listed at two schools. Number thirteen on one of the lists. Is there even a chance of me getting accepted?
I certainly hope so! I'm wait listed on three lists. Don't know what number with two, but I'm number 11 on one. They said they went through 50 on the alternate list last year for 26 spots, so anything is possible. Keep your head up!

Just received admission to a school that I interviewed at in October and was wait-listed at in November. I had pretty much given up hope of hearing from them but miracles do happen!

Hang in there, everyone! It's never too late!

Just received admission to a school that I interviewed at in October and was wait-listed at in November. I had pretty much given up hope of hearing from them but miracles do happen!

Congrats! What school was it?

Congrats!!!! Im on two wait lists and haven't heard from Nazareth college so I am taking not hearing so far as good news for the time being.

Congrats must have been a good day for wait list movement I just came off musc's this morning