Waiting for NYU!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
guys pls post here if you get an i/v call ...lets keep the thread moving.....
GOD bless us all!

Just to inform you guys, my stats are 84/107/3.7 and i have been called for interview at NYU although they wanted my transcripts to be sent from the university i am doing my MPH now.

mdumb

Members don't see this ad.

Just to inform you guys, my stats are 84/107/3.7 and i have been called for interview at NYU although they wanted my transcripts to be sent from the university i am doing my MPH now.

mdumb

congrats mdumb.....i am really happy for you.....so when is the i/v?Well wish u luck and please do share your experience once you are done

hey guys im in the same boat i guess..........even im waiting to hear from nyu.....my stats are 83 nbde-1/104 toefl/3.75 gpa....... does any one know till wt date do they call on for interviews???!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
well done good scores
just be patient
if it's not working in nyu try another university

Hi, friends;
Do you know whether NYU reviews applicant according to the date of application[FONT=&#23435]?.so far, has anyone[FONT=&#23435],.who submitted application in late October already received an interview call from nyu?

Hi, friends;
Do you know whether NYU reviews applicant according to the date of application[FONT=&#23435]?.so far, has anyone[FONT=&#23435],.who submitted application in late October already received an interview call from nyu?

i think i qualify for the category you mentioned!!!
I have my interview on 10th.

I am still waiting my stats are nbde 1 90 nbde 2 84 toefl 109 but gpa sucks its 2.5 .... i have not heard people getting calls with this gpa ....any suggestions ?
hi i think you have good scores.....
donot worry about your gpa....

Looks like there are no more i/v calls from nyu?Are they already done with it?I think last year interviews went n till may..............any clues guys?Whats going on ?:(

:)
Looks like there are no more i/v calls from nyu?Are they already done with it?I think last year interviews went n till may..............any clues guys?Whats going on ?:(

Guys i request all of you to please share your stats and also if you get an interview call or you know someone who is not on sdn and has got a i/v call ....it would be really helpful to me and manymore like me to judge our chances of getting and i/v call.Please keep this thread alive

:)

Guys i request all of you to please share your stats and also if you get an interview call or you know someone who is not on sdn and has got a i/v call ....it would be really helpful to me and manymore like me to judge our chances of getting and i/v call.Please keep this thread alive

hey i got a call last thrusday and along with me , 2 of my friends also got call last thursday. since then no one i know has got any call yet.
my stats-88/106/3.06 and the other 2 people have-88/116/3.43 and 87/94/3.06.
dont worry, there is plenty of time for nyu to call for interview, in jan and feb they mainly called people with 88+ you had applied early and many of those will get admission in BU. so in marh and april 85+ will be called .Just have patience. believe me....it helps!

hey i got a call last thrusday and along with me , 2 of my friends also got call last thursday. since then no one i know has got any call yet.
dont worry, there is plenty of time for nyu to call for interview, in jan and feb they mainly called people with 88+ you had applied early and many of those will get admission in BU. so in marh and april 85+ will be called .Just have patience. believe me....it helps!

hey I m waiting for interview call from NYU...my stats are 89/92/3.58 and my application got complete in dec..I don't know whts happeneing..do i have any chance?

hey I m waiting for interview call from NYU...my stats are 89/92/3.58 and my application got complete in dec..I don't know whts happeneing..do i have any chance?

Hi friends!

Late you apply late you get a call but you will not be late for acceptance if your credentials speaks.

Probably, You would not see any banana dance on NYU thread till mid March, means about 80% of potential applicants would be interviewed by then. So i think competitive candidates will be picked from the all 80 % interviewed people ( assumption ). So keep fingers crossed.

Good luck dr puri and everyone on the thread.

PS : Nothing authentic and official, just i love to assume:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
hi i am waiting for NYU interview and my states are 85/96/3.28 and my application got complete in nov....can anybody tell me what are my chances to get interview call?????

yep may be patience is the only thing i have right now...if not great stats.....really god only knows what is gonna happen??:confused::scared:
as my friends stated above i think people with my stats wont be hearing anything b4 mid march...:(

Hi guys,
my stats - nbde-93
toefl - 90
GPA - 3.58

I applied for nyu & bu, but no i/v call.. feeling tense..
I applied in first week of jan.. anyone who applied at the same time received any call
thinking to start prep for part 2
plz suggest me :(

your Board score is excellent , you applied late but you never know if you are thinking about back up plan improve your TOEFL first and take part 2 should be second or you can do both together at the same time ..
your GPA is very good too so don't worry I know waiting is painful but you will get it ,,,,all the best............:xf:

hi,
my stats are 86/102/ 2.59. Applied for BU and NYU in Dec.No calls from any univ.s yet.
Can any body suggest whether i have a chance of getting an interview call this season or do I need to improve my part 1 score.
My gpa is very low.

hi guys i havent received any call from nyu too
stats
nb1 85
nb275
toefl 99
gpa 3.11

hi,
my stats are 86/102/ 2.59. Applied for BU and NYU in Dec.No calls from any univ.s yet.
Can any body suggest whether i have a chance of getting an interview call this season or do I need to improve my part 1 score.
My gpa is very low.
Hi ,there your problem with NYU not the board or the Toefl it is the GPA which is their area of concern more than any other schools .good luck just be patient ,,:xf:

hi guys i havent received any call from nyu too
stats
nb1 85
nb275
toefl 99
gpa 3.11
Last year I applied in Jan and I got rejection however this year I applied in June and I got invitation with the same scores 89/79/101/3 the time out line is important good luck,,,,,,,,,,

I have applied to BU since oct 08. but no interview call till date. my toefl is 101 and part 1 is 88. I dont know whats going wrong with my application...

hi,
My gpa is very low.
Hi,
I would start preparing for part-2 asap. If things don't work out this year, you will have a great chance next year with a good part-2 score, especially on the West coast.

Best wishes.

Thank u...
I'm thinking of starting part 2 prep and then improve my toefl too.

your Board score is excellent , you applied late but you never know if you are thinking about back up plan improve your TOEFL first and take part 2 should be second or you can do both together at the same time ..
your GPA is very good too so don't worry I know waiting is painful but you will get it ,,,,all the best............:xf:

I am still waiting for the i/v call........losing hope every sec......does anyone who got accepted knows how many seats have been filled already?
Thanks!

hi there,
i applied in jan end ......my stats...86/99/3.56......no call yet......i am worried,do i stand a chance....plz reply..............:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Is there anyone who got the "application complete" confirmation by snail mail only? (I applied late jan).

Is there anyone who got the "application complete" confirmation by snail mail only? (I applied late jan).

I got application completion by mail only and I also applied in late jan.

hi friends, if anybody has idea , if nyu still sending i/v calls, as i called them and gentleman there told me that now they are holding calls and are not sending yet.is it true pls let me know i have been still waiting.
thanx

hi friends, if anybody has idea , if nyu still sending i/v calls, as i called them and gentleman there told me that now they are holding calls and are not sending yet.is it true pls let me know i have been still waiting.
thanx
hi benny4567 can you share your satats.... thannx

ya i got it by snail mail confirmation about my application completion..

i applied in the first week of January and received an application confirmation by regular mail on 5th February...
my stats... 88/3.53/104... 8 mnths of work ex back home...
waiting waiting and waiting...
DON'T LOSE HOPE IS THE MORAL OF THE STORY...
all d best guys... we just need to be patient and pray...

well, from my experience I would say stats isnt the only thing. I got a call in feb with just 87. they r loooking fr overall package/personality... some one in my batch of interview has just 85. so stats should be competitive BUT they can be decieving as they are not the only criteria fr acceptance.

Last edited:
I am still waiting my stats are nbde 1 90 nbde 2 84 toefl 109 but gpa sucks its 2.5 .... i have not heard people getting calls with this gpa ....any suggestions ?

Hi,
Last year I got called for an interview for Rochester's AEGD program and my marks were lower than yours. NDBE1 79, 1.94, 113. You never know when God may intervene! :) Good luck. We all need to stay positive and patient.

i dont know how long we have to wait for interview call... nobody is writting on sdn.... it seems interviews are ended.....
i am depressed and lost my hope.....:confused:

i dont know how long we have to wait for interview call... nobody is writting on sdn.... it seems interviews are ended.....
i am depressed and lost my hope.....:confused:

same here....its crazzzzzzzzzy....simply can't concentrate on anything else....:(:(:rolleyes:

same here....its crazzzzzzzzzy....simply can't concentrate on anything else....:(:(:rolleyes:

hello guys even I m sailing in the same boat..I had applied in dec and till now no call..wht is their criteria regarding interviews...on wht basis they r calling no body knows:xf::xf::xf::xf:

hope for the best.

keeping in view the economic crisis and all the other factors, asssuming 100 more interview calls. So your call could be one of those.

PS: nothing authentic and official, just i love assuming:D

Good luck !:xf:

Did anyone got call recently?
Loosing hope!!!!!!!

HEY guys.............

Please don't lose hope....its just that everyone has to be patient.NYU will def continue interviewing people till April.so there's a plenty of time till then...When i was interviewed,the coordinator said they will be calling people just randomly in time ,not like on regular basis whenever they feel need more applicants.SO i guess its a matter of time,so just be patient

Have faith in god and in yourself.............Good luck:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

hi i got a mail from NYU today... and i m been WAITLISTED....anyone else who is been waitlisted....