waiting for UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
V

VirtuoJ

Is anyone out there still waiting to hear from UCLA after your file has been complete for like 2 months? I hear people getting interview invites in a matter of weeks after their file was complete, but I'm just sitting here waiting still. I'm a CA resident and have gotten/been on interviews at 3 of the other UCs but nothing from UCLA. Anyone else out there in a similar position?

Members don't see this ad.

hell yeah man. i'm glad i'm not alone on this. my app's been complete for 6 weeks now. nothing. i know you've got good scores and interviews and i have a pretty competitive app also, so i don't know what's up. to top it off i go to their undergrad. :(

Hey to virtuo and anyone else waiting on UCLA,

you guys all probably know this already but, I'll say it again. UCLA can be lightning fast, but more often they are EXCRUCIATINGLY slow.

But... a long wait is not necessarily bad news. I waited two and a half months for a secondary. Then I waited maybe six weeks for an interview. Then I waited sixteen weeks to hear post-interview. I was sure my app was at the bottom of some pile. Or my final decision letter got lost. Or maybe they hated me. UCLA adcom even made it onto the "List of EEVIL" on my fridge... until I got in. The truth is, the adcom is so big here and made up of so many subcommittees that the default MO is slow, slow, slow.

Bottom line, hang in there! I'm sure there are plenty of other people in your situation.