1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Waiting to calculate GPA...

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by rowerpharm, Dec 10, 2008.

1. rowerpharm

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I had a dream last night that PharmCAS finished calculating my GPA and it has only been a little over a week since I e-submitted my application. Wouldn't that be a miracle?

Isn't it crazy how much our lives revolve around sitting and waiting for our pharmacy applications to be sent, then waiting for the responses from schools?

Does anyone know how long it has been taking PharmCAS to calculate GPAs recently? I had heard 3 weeks throughout November, but I'm wondering if it has been slower now due to the December 1st deadline.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lymmys

lymmys It wasn't me!
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I submitted and got my GPA calculate 8 days later. Oh, and I sent my application around 3 weeks ago, so I don't think it will take long

4. praetorianz

7+ Year Member

I submitted my PharmCAS on Nov 24. They calculated my GPA 2 weeks later on December 8. So give it another week.

They made a really big mistake on my GPA though :eek: But I called in and had it corrected the same day. Make sure to thoroughly check your GPA!

:thumbup:

5. nature88

5+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Does Pharmcas let you know what classes they included for each GPA calculation so we can do the math ourselves to double check? Otherwise how would you know if the numbers are wrong?

6. praetorianz

7+ Year Member

Here's the FAQ on how they calculate GPAs: https://portal.pharmcas.org/applicants2009/faq/pcas_gpas.shtml

And I knew my numbers were wrong right away because the amount of credits they calculated was off.

7. nature88

5+ Year Member

i submitted my app on nov 30 and got an email today saying that my GPA's have been calculated. it didn't take them that long. now, i have to make sure they are correct.

thanks for you link, praetorianz.

8. cuedee

10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Ditto.

9. rowerpharm

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Ya, mine was calculated today as well. However, they altered my coursework section and made some really strange changes. For example, they changed it so that I had 50+ credit hours as a freshman and not many as an upperclassman... really strange. So I had to call and get it fixed, I hope it doesn't put me farther back in line! My calculated GPAs went away, so I'm hoping they fix it soon and mine will still get mailed out in the next mailing. I'm not holding my breath though...

10. PharMed2016

PharMed2016 Eternal Scholar
    Physician Pharmacist 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I think it may take longer since alot of people are probably sending in their transcripts and getting their GPA calculated.

Remember that you need to submit your application before they can calculate your grade. I know a few people that didn't do that, lol.

11. 311fighters

311fighters UF Class of 2013
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    That's why the early bird gets the worm...faster in this scenario.

12. calisoca

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    So true. Hearing people whine about this is hilarious because they have nobody to blame except themselves.

My PharmCas GPA was calculated less than 3 hours after I E-submitted. I submitted, went to lunch with some friends, came back and my gpa had been calculated. Gotta' love it.

13. rowerpharm

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I wasn't whining... I was just asking people how long it had been taking PharmCAS to calculate GPAs recently. I consider myself lucky that it only took a little over a week to calculate mine, as many people have had to wait at least three weeks.

14. cinnamoroll12

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Yea, I thought a week is fast at this time of the year. Probably a majority of the people have applied already, so now PharmCAS isn't that busy like in October and November. It's the pharmacy schools' turn to be busy at this time of the year evaluating our apps.

15. clee18

clee18 Accepted Pharmacy Student
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    E-submitted 12/7, just got notification today that my GPA was calculated.

16. rowerpharm

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    For those of you who had your GPA calculated last week, has your application been mailed out to your schools yet? I'm just wondering because mine was calculated on Thursday and they said it would go out in the next mailing.

17. Pharmdapp87

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Sweet. Mine was e-submitted on the 9th, so I should hear something by Friday hopefully.

18. cuedee

10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Pharmcas told me my apps would be mailed this week.

19. nature88

5+ Year Member

Pharmcas also said that my app will be mailed in the next cycle, but it hasn't happened yet....guess i just have to wait..........

20. phar2013

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    It took them 2 weeks to give me my gpa on pharmcas.

21. illtreaturite1

illtreaturite1 PharmD in 2013
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    So I wonder how long it will take them to do updates since they just have to add 1 semester's worth of classes?