Waiting to calculate GPA...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rowerpharm

P1
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a dream last night that PharmCAS finished calculating my GPA and it has only been a little over a week since I e-submitted my application. Wouldn't that be a miracle?

Isn't it crazy how much our lives revolve around sitting and waiting for our pharmacy applications to be sent, then waiting for the responses from schools?

Does anyone know how long it has been taking PharmCAS to calculate GPAs recently? I had heard 3 weeks throughout November, but I'm wondering if it has been slower now due to the December 1st deadline.

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted and got my GPA calculate 8 days later. Oh, and I sent my application around 3 weeks ago, so I don't think it will take long

I submitted my PharmCAS on Nov 24. They calculated my GPA 2 weeks later on December 8. So give it another week.

They made a really big mistake on my GPA though :eek: But I called in and had it corrected the same day. Make sure to thoroughly check your GPA!

:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Does Pharmcas let you know what classes they included for each GPA calculation so we can do the math ourselves to double check? Otherwise how would you know if the numbers are wrong?

I submitted my PharmCAS on Nov 24. They calculated my GPA 2 weeks later on December 8. So give it another week.

They made a really big mistake on my GPA though :eek: But I called in and had it corrected the same day. Make sure to thoroughly check your GPA!

:thumbup:

i submitted my app on nov 30 and got an email today saying that my GPA's have been calculated. it didn't take them that long. now, i have to make sure they are correct.

thanks for you link, praetorianz.

i submitted my app on nov 30 and got an email today saying that my GPA's have been calculated. it didn't take them that long. now, i have to make sure they are correct.

Ditto.

Ya, mine was calculated today as well. However, they altered my coursework section and made some really strange changes. For example, they changed it so that I had 50+ credit hours as a freshman and not many as an upperclassman... really strange. So I had to call and get it fixed, I hope it doesn't put me farther back in line! My calculated GPAs went away, so I'm hoping they fix it soon and mine will still get mailed out in the next mailing. I'm not holding my breath though...

I had a dream last night that PharmCAS finished calculating my GPA and it has only been a little over a week since I e-submitted my application. Wouldn't that be a miracle?

Isn't it crazy how much our lives revolve around sitting and waiting for our pharmacy applications to be sent, then waiting for the responses from schools?

Does anyone know how long it has been taking PharmCAS to calculate GPAs recently? I had heard 3 weeks throughout November, but I'm wondering if it has been slower now due to the December 1st deadline.

I think it may take longer since alot of people are probably sending in their transcripts and getting their GPA calculated.

Remember that you need to submit your application before they can calculate your grade. I know a few people that didn't do that, lol.

That's why the early bird gets the worm...faster in this scenario.

So true. Hearing people whine about this is hilarious because they have nobody to blame except themselves.

My PharmCas GPA was calculated less than 3 hours after I E-submitted. I submitted, went to lunch with some friends, came back and my gpa had been calculated. Gotta' love it.

So true. Hearing people whine about this is hilarious because they have nobody to blame except themselves.

My PharmCas GPA was calculated less than 3 hours after I E-submitted. I submitted, went to lunch with some friends, came back and my gpa had been calculated. Gotta' love it.

I wasn't whining... I was just asking people how long it had been taking PharmCAS to calculate GPAs recently. I consider myself lucky that it only took a little over a week to calculate mine, as many people have had to wait at least three weeks.

I wasn't whining... I was just asking people how long it had been taking PharmCAS to calculate GPAs recently. I consider myself lucky that it only took a little over a week to calculate mine, as many people have had to wait at least three weeks.

Yea, I thought a week is fast at this time of the year. Probably a majority of the people have applied already, so now PharmCAS isn't that busy like in October and November. It's the pharmacy schools' turn to be busy at this time of the year evaluating our apps.

E-submitted 12/7, just got notification today that my GPA was calculated.

For those of you who had your GPA calculated last week, has your application been mailed out to your schools yet? I'm just wondering because mine was calculated on Thursday and they said it would go out in the next mailing.

E-submitted 12/7, just got notification today that my GPA was calculated.

Sweet. Mine was e-submitted on the 9th, so I should hear something by Friday hopefully.

For those of you who had your GPA calculated last week, has your application been mailed out to your schools yet? I'm just wondering because mine was calculated on Thursday and they said it would go out in the next mailing.

Pharmcas told me my apps would be mailed this week.

Pharmcas also said that my app will be mailed in the next cycle, but it hasn't happened yet....guess i just have to wait..........

It took them 2 weeks to give me my gpa on pharmcas.

So I wonder how long it will take them to do updates since they just have to add 1 semester's worth of classes?