Trying to calculate Pharmcas gpa...need some help.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

impatientcollegestudent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So a little confused, do I copy exactly what I see on my transcript into the gpa calculator, because on my transcript it says for one course way back I received an F and earned 0.00 credits for it. In the gpa calculator do I put F and 0 credits or do I put the credits that I was supposed to earn in that class if it wasn't an F? It was a 3 credit course. I also have a "pass/fail" grade on my transcript, which on the Pharmcas says it does not include, it's actually called "credit/nocredit." I saw on another post on sdn, someone had the same thing as no credit, and the he spoke to Pharmcas over the phone and they told him to put it as NG? What is NG? thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
you can send your transcripts to pharmcas and they'll do it for you

you can send your transcripts to pharmcas and they'll do it for you

I'm not applying this cycle. I just wanted to see what my grades are before Pharmcas does it for me. I am curious and it will help me plan some stuff. Anyways, yea I can't send it to them now.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Well you can't see your GPA even if you manually put in the coursework. If you have F's but you made it up, your gpa will still be lower than it says on your transcript. This is because pharmcas includes all grades into the GPA. People usually say that your pharmcas gpa is 0.3-0.4 lower than your transcript GPA. Not too sure about the credit/no credit classes.

I agree with @youngsoo1269. You cannot see your official verified GPA until you paid your fee. When I applied through PharmCas, I forgot my AP credits, and they fixed it for me by emailing them. I also think it was how my application got verified within 1 week rather than the standard 4-6 weeks in September. I recalled there were options on PharmCas that you can choose if it was considered a pass/fail. If you can't figure it out, possibly leave it out and email them to do it for you.