waiting, waiting!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

megkudos

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I just felt like posting that I feel like I am losing my patience and sanity. I hope I get in somewhere soon. 3 interviews so far and still waiting to hear back :) Anybody else in the same boat? I just wish I was in somewhere so I could relax! Test in patience I suppose....

Members don't see this ad.

We're all waiting big dude!

Find a hobby or something in the mean time.
I sometimes take my covers off my bed and throw them all over my floor..then take my books off the shelves and organize them so that the titles make funny saying such as "The Joy of Severed Trust" and so be it. I then feel like I am doing something when I clean it up.

scooby, you have a disease. that's such a neurotic thing. i guess these are neurotic times. for the record megkudos, i haven't gotten ONE friggin interview yet. i haven't heard a thang. so cool it...you're making me nervous. :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Caveman, nice to see you feeling so at home so soon, but I don't think you realize to whom your're speaking.....umm...posting! Scooby is a MEGA SDN personality, and whatever Scooby does is cool!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: In fact I predict of rash of bedclothes strewn on SDNer's floors and weirdly arranged bookcases!!! :D :D :D

cool. nice to see you on this late, SMW. i thought i was the only poster whose sleeping schedule was being seriously messed up this break. yeah, i feel pretty at home. i've been reading pretty intensely for about 3 weeks since i'm so worried about my application, but i only recently began posting. yeah, i definitely realized scooby is a major player here. i might have stepped on an eggshell there, but i think he will see the humor in my comment.

Alaska is 4 time zones away from east coast time.

Originally posted by SMW:
•Caveman, nice to see you feeling so at home so soon, but I don't think you realize to whom your're speaking.....umm...posting! Scooby is a MEGA SDN personality, and whatever Scooby does is cool!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: In fact I predict of rash of bedclothes strewn on SDNer's floors and weirdly arranged bookcases!!! :D :D :D •••

Hahaha! That's great :)
When did you rack up so many posts SMW?? You're almost at 1500! You go girl!

Yes, I take pills every hour for my disease. I drove my doctor insane but decided to go into medicine to prove to everyone even a psychotic can help others :)

Originally posted by Scooby Doo:
•We're all waiting big dude!

Find a hobby or something in the mean time.
I sometimes take my covers off my bed and throw them all over my floor..then take my books off the shelves and organize them so that the titles make funny saying such as "The Joy of Severed Trust" and so be it. I then feel like I am doing something when I clean it up.•••

Scooby, did I um...tell you that's what I did. This is like deja vu..weird.

megkudos, I know what you're feeling. I've interviewed at 4 so far, and have heard zilch from them since the interview (well I got a postcard from one saying I'm on hold ~aka rejection). I do stuff around the house to keep me company. The other day...I took out all my books from the study room and alphabetized them by last name...then changed my mind and did genre categorization...and then arranged them into catchy titles...
I came up with "Great Expectations...And Then There Were None"...and I like this one "To the Lighthouse...To Kill a Mockingbird"
;)

But, I also um reorganize my "med school application" files like 3 times a week. And, I usually take a lot of time to tear up scrap paper...I'm a human shredder.

Don't be concerned....the last time I checked I was sane.

Wow,
I guess you are slave driving your elfs so you don't have any presents to get ready ...isn't that right santa claus?

Originally posted by SMW:
•Caveman, nice to see you feeling so at home so soon, but I don't think you realize to whom your're speaking.....umm...posting! Scooby is a MEGA SDN personality, and whatever Scooby does is cool!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: In fact I predict of rash of bedclothes strewn on SDNer's floors and weirdly arranged bookcases!!! :D :D :D •••

Done, and done! And I mean done! :D

It only took me a half hour, but anything to be like Scooby! :D

Thanks for the good ideas guys. I especially like the paper shredding one....I do have a lot of notebooks from this past semester I've been meaning to destroy...that could take a while...just what I need....

:)

Originally posted by Scooby Doo:
•Wow,
I guess you are slave driving your elfs so you don't have any presents to get ready ...isn't that right santa claus?•••

Only YOU and the rest of the elves know the answer to that question, Scooby. Don't dishearten SDN w/ the details of the labor and the long hours....

i decided to jump on the bandwagon. i reorganized my three books. it now reads something like "Mortal Kombat's Guide to Medical and Dental Schools Lady and the Tramp."

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by A. Caveman:
•i decided to jump on the bandwagon. i reorganized my three books. it now reads something like "Mortal Kombat's Guide to Medical and Dental Schools Lady and the Tramp."•••

Wow, what an interesting collection, Caveman... :D That would be one interesting book, if they were all put together... ;)

no offense guys, but i think you should all step outside and breath some fresh air. i went skiing today and almost completely forgot about the whole app process (almost...), until my sis said to make a wish on our last run down. of course you all know what i wished. anyways, if it makes anyone feel any better, i haven't heard anything from any of my schools... no interviews, nothing. so, it could be worse. try to have some fun over break... distract yourselves. at least we'll always have sdn!

Lotsa waiting going on here too. I applied to 25 schools - so far 8 interviews done/scheduled and heard nothing from the 17 others. No rejections at least. For others, like me, who are waiting and losing patience, I suggest sleep - it has become my new hobby. Too bad I forgot to list it on my AMCAS app. You guys think I should add it, re-submit and re-certify?! ;)

Hmmm. I have had 1 interview so far and nothing else in the works. If you add sleep to your ec's I'll add drinking to mine. Any other good advice for vices? :D

you guys list those, I'll list farting on my computer chair while mindlessly scanning all of the posts on SDN. ...i'm halfway through a bottle of cleareyes....

this is a good place to vent frustrations..i applied to 11 schools..have had 3 interviews and have another scheduled for the end of january..i drove an hour up to school to check my mail on Friday in hopes that I would have news...well yeah, I had news..my first REJECTION! rejected from einstein..i didnt want to go to school in the bronx anyways I guess...
but yeah I'm in the same boat..still waiting..it's good to have others to vent with because I am getting nervous, REAL nervous :(

i didnt want to go to school in the bronx anyways I guess...
••

I am sorry that you were rejected from Einstein, but c'mon the Bronx is not a horrible place!
Unfortunately the Bronx gets a bad reputation (thanks I guess to the media) and its reputation is not a well deserved one. I love the Bronx and have lived here my whole life! :D

daisy,
I have nothing against the Bronx..I just need an excuse to make the rejection sting less. I would have said the same thing about my own town had a school here rejected me! I have never been to the Bronx but actually there is one thing about the Bronx that really bothers me...the Yankees play there! :)

hey jargon, the schools you're waiting to hear from..are they "mid-tier" schools, or are their still some really good ones that haven't interviewed you. I'm asking because i remember reading on a thread that someone said GWU is waitlisting (not straight accepting) highly qualified applicants just yet because maybe they believe the candidates won't attend GW anyway. So i've been noticing that all of the really highly qualified candidates on this board are getting interviews to top places, but rarely to a middle level school. could it be that mid-level schools just won't waste their time with incredible applicants that won't go there anyway?? what do you think. I could be wrong about this..i hope so. i'm concerned because it would really mess me up (i applied to 30 schools, most with average acceptance stats--and i hope to be hearing from all of them).

Caveman, for your reading pleasure (and also because I'm bored :) ) Here's a list of schools I've been invited to interview at and schools I havent heard from yet...I'm an Aug MCATer and sent in a bunch of secondaries right at deadlines, so I'm not geting too worried yet. Good luck all!

Interview invites from:

Columbia
NYU
Mt. Sinai
Einstein
Rochester
Georgetown
U. Maryland
U. Arizona

Still waiting on:

George Washington (you guess it! ;) )
U Penn
Jefferson
Temple
Boston U
Tufts
Hahvud
U Pitt
Yale
Hopkins
Baylor
Cornell
UVA
UNC
Penn St.
U. Chicago
Northwestern

I'll be damned Jargon!! you're LOVED in New York. I'm an August MCATer as well. I don't think I submitted my NYC secondaries right before deadlines though. Are the interviews you've received so far coming from buzzer-beating secondaries? I'm concerned cuz I applied to all those NYC schools too (i love new york city..going there for new year's).

The secondaries I submitted right before their respective deadlines were Hopkins, U. Chicago, Northwestern, Hahvud, Baylor and UPENN. Others, including the NYC schools, were submitted relatively early. I'm sure you'll hear from some NYC schools soon - everyone is so behind this year it's almost funny. Not to be cocky ;) , but I expect (or at least I'm hoping for) lots more interviews, especially from the bigger guns. Again, good luck!