- Mar 5, 2021
- Reaction score
Hi there! I had a question about waitlists after I matriculate. I currently have been accepted to an expensive DO school that starts in 2 weeks. I am still on the waitlist for three in-state MD schools (much cheaper tuition) that do not start till July/August. If I am accepted into either of these schools while still at my DO school, am I allowed to drop out and switch? I don't understand how this works because then technically my DO school would have lost a seat to someone that could have taken it before, which is morally wrong. I also don't understand how this works because by August, I would have finished my summer semester at my DO school and received grades for the courses. Any advice/insights would be appreciated. Thanks!