-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Waitlist c/o 2026
Started by llamagirl620
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
OOS waitlist for Iowa
#105 waitlist for Michigan OOS
Super super nervous
#105 waitlist for Michigan OOS
Super super nervous
itiswhatitis_
Full Member
OOS for Michigan at #206 very sad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
itiswhatitis_
Full Member
I hear the OOS moves to #150 so tbh, I think it’s good news for youOOS waitlist for Iowa
#105 waitlist for Michigan OOS
Super super nervous
OOS waitlisted (no rank) for LIU
Accepted to SGU and Ross.
I dont know if the waitlist for LIU will move at all before April 15th, which makes me contemplate putting down a deposit..
Accepted to SGU and Ross.
I dont know if the waitlist for LIU will move at all before April 15th, which makes me contemplate putting down a deposit..
I put down my deposit for SGU it’s definitely worth the money to at least have some where to go!OOS waitlisted (no rank) for LIU
Accepted to SGU and Ross.
I dont know if the waitlist for LIU will move at all before April 15th, which makes me contemplate putting down a deposit..
danceswithwolves
New Member
I feel you here! I was super confident going in, and I ended up with 3 rejections and a waitlist. It made me feel awful when people would tell me "There's no doubt you'll get in!," even though I know they were just trying to be nice--it just fueled my imposter syndrome. Last year, the application pool increased by 19%-so this is not a product of you not trying enough, or that your work was all for nothing; it is just SO MUCH more competitive now than ever. Look on the brightside: if we don't get in this year, its just another year of saving money to have a better time once we are in vet school (because if you want to be a vet, you WILL be a vet, it might just take another year or so). 🙂is anybody else mentally struggling through this whole process? this was my first cycle and i had really high hopes i'd get in, i truly believed i had a very competitive application... yet i've received 4 rejections and 1 waitlist. it's completely shattered me and my anxiety has skyrocketed. i feel like all the sacrifices i've made and my hard work has all been for nothing, or that in the end i never tried hard enough like those who have gotten accepted. idk who to talk to about this. i'm still waiting on three more schools but i've lost all hope i had left. it's been hard and i'm beginning to question my place in all this.
Equine_Aricka
Full Member
I am in the exact same boat...3 rejects and OOS waitlist. Everyone was super confident I'd get in...I have been feeing low and down on myself, because of such slim chances this year. It does make a person feel like their work wasn't good enoughI feel you here! I was super confident going in, and I ended up with 3 rejections and a waitlist. It made me feel awful when people would tell me "There's no doubt you'll get in!," even though I know they were just trying to be nice--it just fueled my imposter syndrome. Last year, the application pool increased by 19%-so this is not a product of you not trying enough, or that your work was all for nothing; it is just SO MUCH more competitive now than ever. Look on the brightside: if we don't get in this year, its just another year of saving money to have a better time once we are in vet school (because if you want to be a vet, you WILL be a vet, it might just take another year or so).
BMcGillivary42
Full Member
Waitlist OOS for Mississippi state and Minnesota
If you don’t mind me asking, what spot are you on the Minnesota waitlist? Thanks!
52If you don’t mind me asking, what spot are you on the Minnesota waitlist? Thanks!
you didn't ask me but I'm 26th on their waitlist, in case that's helpfulIf you don’t mind me asking, what spot are you on the Minnesota waitlist? Thanks!
BMcGillivary42
Full Member
Thank you! I’ve been going between SDN and the APVMA Facebook page trying to get an estimate of how many spots I might’ve moved. I know not everyone uses these online forums and that it’s still pretty early, but it’s not looking good. 🙁you didn't ask me but I'm 26th on their waitlist, in case that's helpful
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel you! But it fluctuates year to year and in the forum alone I've seen like 3 or so people saying they're not accepting their seats. I have hope there will be some intense shuffling after april15thThank you! I’ve been going between SDN and the APVMA Facebook page trying to get an estimate of how many spots I might’ve moved. I know not everyone uses these online forums and that it’s still pretty early, but it’s not looking good. 🙁
andydoctor
Full Member
I’ve been waitlisted at Tufts, UPenn, Iowa and Colorado State (all OOS). I’m waiting to hear back from two more schools but I’m feeling a bit hopeless.
Accepted at Iowa & SGU, most likely going to Iowa as of right now but waitlisted at Tufts & UW (#37), not sure what my chances are especially for Tufts to get pulled
AKammerman
Full Member
Waitlisted at University College Dublin, anyone else?
itiswhatitis_
Full Member
Where are you ranked for Michigan?Waitlisted at Michigan state OOS and accepted to Ross
maddy_murray
Full Member
OOS alternate for UGA (no ranking), #3 OOS alternate for Minnesota, and #34 waitlist for UC Davis. Anyone have any info on the waitlist situation for Georgia? I have already declined my Minnesota seat because I was accepted to Tufts and I would rather go there, but I would also rather go to UGA or Davis than Tufts because they're way cheaper for me.
futurewildlifedoc
Full Member
KSU alternate but declining it!
Hey everyone. I just declined seats at Iowa State, Ohio State, and Washington State. I’ll also be taking my name off the Purdue waitlist. I know others who are going to be taking their names off as well. Hopefully this movement helps everyone out! I was waitlisted last year, it’s definitely disheartening. But they move a lot and hopefully every seat declined gives people a shot at their dream school. Good luck everybody!
do you think you'll drop your alternate spot for Minnesota ?OOS alternate for UGA (no ranking), #3 OOS alternate for Minnesota, and #34 waitlist for UC Davis. Anyone have any info on the waitlist situation for Georgia? I have already declined my Minnesota seat because I was accepted to Tufts and I would rather go there, but I would also rather go to UGA or Davis than Tufts because they're way cheaper for me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlisted at UPenn with no rank (OOS)
and Michigan (OOS) #121
very nervous! I just really want to be accepted this cycle !
and Michigan (OOS) #121
very nervous! I just really want to be accepted this cycle !
maddy_murray
Full Member
I already did!do you think you'll drop your alternate spot for Minnesota ?
chloecap98
Full Member
I applied to 8 schools and was rejected form 6. Waitlisted for OOS Kansas and accepted for Ross. I really loved Kansas so I’m holding onto hope.
itiswhatitis_
Full Member
What’s your rank for Michigan?Waitlisted at Michigan state OOS and accepted to Ross
Hi! May I ask if you are declining your acceptance at Penn, if you are pulled off somewhere else? Penn is my top school and I’m on the waitlist! If you are uncomfortable with sharing no worries at all!Waitlisted:
OOS CSU
OOS Cornell
OOS Midwestern
IS MN (9)
Acceptance to Penn and RVC. Really curious how many are waitlisted at CSU, and anxiously awaiting April 15 for an update on my spot at MN!
Hi!! Yes, I'm very close to making a decision, currently leaning towards committing to RVC actually.. I know so many are waiting to be pulled from lists so I'm trying to make the decision ASAP but it's such a big one to make. Going to visit London first week in April so I will know then and will make my decision quickly 🙂 hoping the best for you!!Hi! May I ask if you are declining your acceptance at Penn, if you are pulled off somewhere else? Penn is my top school and I’m on the waitlist! If you are uncomfortable with sharing no worries at all!
Thank you so much!! That’s so awesome! Congrats on getting accepted!! I wish the best of luck for you!!Hi!! Yes, I'm very close to making a decision, currently leaning towards committing to RVC actually.. I know so many are waiting to be pulled from lists so I'm trying to make the decision ASAP but it's such a big one to make. Going to visit London first week in April so I will know then and will make my decision quickly 🙂 hoping the best for you!!
dysinger21816
New Member
Hi! I was waitlisted at UF (OOS)🙁; does anyone know how fast this waitlist moves/what my chances are? Thanks!
Accepted to Illinois OOS, waitlisted Mizzou IS. for those accepted elsewhere and waitlisted at your top choice, how are you going about the process such as with house hunting? I’d like to find a house quickly so it’s settled, but with the slight chance of me getting pulled, I don’t want to have to drop my lease and leave any roommates in a bad spot.
nireepoh
Full Member
I don't know what else there is to do but wait. If I don't get pulled off the waitlist by mid May (or before if they email saying the class is full), I'll find a place and sign a lease. I don't want to lose a deposit and deal with a lease too! I've been looking at places but won't sign until then.Accepted to Illinois OOS, waitlisted Mizzou IS. for those accepted elsewhere and waitlisted at your top choice, how are you going about the process such as with house hunting? I’d like to find a house quickly so it’s settled, but with the slight chance of me getting pulled, I don’t want to have to drop my lease and leave any roommates in a bad spot.
alyssajustine33
Full Member
OOS Iowa - #108. I’m hopeful with the movement from the past two years but also trying to remain realistic and level-headed. Either way, grateful for where I’m at with this being my first cycle. All my others were rejections.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lauren.T029
Full Member
Hey I was also waitlisted for UF (IS). Stinks they don’t share ranking but I hope we are able to come through. I was waitlisted for an interview at UF this cycle too so I am double wammy waitlisted lol I have heard OOS is easier to come off because most people will accept their IS school but I have no idea how true that is. Best of luck!Hi! I was waitlisted at UF (OOS)🙁; does anyone know how fast this waitlist moves/what my chances are? Thanks!
Waitlisted IS at Tennessee (unranked)
It varies every year but OOS moves more than IS.OOS waitlisted for Mississippi and Tennessee. Still waiting to hear from UF and NC State. Anyone know how much the UT waitlist moves?
nireepoh
Full Member
I haven't heard anything or seen anyone saying they got a call, which as you said there has been some in March in previous years. I'm wondering if they haven't started on the waitlist, if not very many people have declined their seats yet, or they've made calls but we just haven't heard about it.Has anyone heard from Mississippi? I'm on the waitlist and usually they make a few calls in March.
This wait is killing me but we are so close to April!
I'm curious to see if we'll get an update in early April on which quartile they are in like they said we would and if so when we'd get that email. It really stresses me out not having any idea about this stuff 🙁