Waitlist decision: can I ask for more time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sorrento

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
People, please please help! I'm totally stressed about this. Right before I went on vacation, I sent my updated contact details to UCLA since I was on the waitlist. Well, they sent an acceptance by snail mail, which arrived (probably) the day I left, and gave me two weeks from the letter date to decide. I got home from vacation last night and now have until Monday to decide - without financial aid info or chance to talk to people there or anything (uh, I should add that I'm leaving tonight for another vacation ...)

I know I shouldn't complain - I'm really happy to get in - but I made a really hard choice the first time around and have just settled into it. I don't want to make a rash decision with this one. Do you think I can call them and ask for more time to decide?

Btw, I'm currently holding a place at UC Davis.

Thank you for any ideas!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Withdraw immediately so I can have your spot :)

Just call them on Monday and explain the situation :)

Yeah, do what Scooby recommended and ask for an extension. Whatever your decision is, would you mind sharing it with all of us poor souls waiting to hear from the UCLA waitlist? Thanks.