Waitlist for 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If it helps, the reason some don't is because they have no idea which holes in the class will need to be filled. Schools want a well rounded class that hits all the different aspects of veterinary medicine and what each individual brings to the table as far as their perceived strengths and weaknesses. I honestly don't know how they are able to hand out ranks at the schools who do unless they just have such a regular spread that they can estimate accurately the spots that will open up.

Gotcha! This definitely makes sense to me. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

If it helps, the reason some don't is because they have no idea which holes in the class will need to be filled. Schools want a well rounded class that hits all the different aspects of veterinary medicine and what each individual brings to the table as far as their perceived strengths and weaknesses. I honestly don't know how they are able to hand out ranks at the schools who do unless they just have such a regular spread that they can estimate accurately the spots that will open up.
That totally makes sense, but my absurd mind takes me to the mailroom kind of like in the Grinch. Put the shy but great grade students in this box, the crazy amount of hours and not good grades here, and misc. IDK what this student is doing pile here. And everyone is running around like chickens with their heads cut off yelling and answering phones hahaha

Reactions: 3 users
That totally makes sense, but my absurd mind takes me to the mailroom kind of like in the Grinch. Put the shy but great grade students in this box, the crazy amount of hours and not good grades here, and misc. IDK what this student is doing pile here. And everyone is running around like chickens with their heads cut off yelling and answering phones hahaha

Maybe thinking of it in those terms helps too as to why it takes admissions a long time for decisions to come out. lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted OOS at Cornell, UF, UGA, and WSU :arghh:

Reactions: 1 user
I agree. It’s helpful to weigh your options and be realistic about possibilities.

Does anyone have any insight on why schools don’t release numbers? I’d like to know the thought behind it just out of interest.
Some of them fill slots based on what students reject their offers. For instance, if a bunch of LA people don't accept, then they might admit people on the waitlist who have expressed interest in LA. Or if people with higher GPAs don't accept, they will accept high GPA people from the waitlist. They do this in order to maintain class diversity (I believe).

Also, waitlists are constantly changing and I am sure it takes a lot of effort to rank people. If a bunch of people don't accept their spot on the waitlist, that's a lot of effort they've expended to try and rank them gone to waste.

Just officially accepted my WSU spot. If anyone was OSS waitlisted at Mizzou or ISU or IS for CO- one spot opened up! Goodluck guys I'm rooting for you!

Reactions: 4 users
OOS Iowa Alternate

Does anyone know how fast UW’s waitlist moves (on average)? I’m ranked sixth on their list, but I’m wondering if I will have to make a deposit at another school I’ve been accepted to before being pulled off of UW’s list

Edit: I’m OOS

Last edited:
Does anyone know how fast UW’s waitlist moves (on average)? I’m ranked sixth on their list, but I’m wondering if I will have to make a deposit at another school I’ve been accepted to before being pulled off of UW’s list
Are you is or oos? It’ll make a difference for people who actually know if it does haha

First time applying and am on the waitlist IS Michigan State, got rejected from the other school I applied to so hopefully I get pulled from the waitlist

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Today I'm feeling a need for a waitlist support group.

All my Cornell friends got in here this year. I'm genuinely happy for them, but I just want to know my fate as quickly as they knew theirs. :(

All my Cornell friends got in here this year. I'm genuinely happy for them, but I just want to know my fate as quickly as they knew theirs. :(
My IS friend got in WSU last year and I didn't. This year I'm waitlisted. She was raining positivity and now says if I don't get in this year don't feel too down about it. Which you know SOUNDS good but I reallly want to go this year! I'll be 24 gosh dangit, not getting younger!

I guess the support here is that we're all suffering, together <3

My IS friend got in WSU last year and I didn't. This year I'm waitlisted. She was raining positivity and now says if I don't get in this year don't feel too down about it. Which you know SOUNDS good but I reallly want to go this year! I'll be 24 gosh dangit, not getting younger!
I'll be 26 in a few weeks and I'm waitlisted at two schools so don't feel too bad haha

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users

I feel ya! I have been waitlisted at 4 schools now and am just waiting to hear from one more and my friends have applied to other professional schools and have already heard back so I’m right there with you!! All we can do is keep our grades up this semester and trust that we will end up when and where we’re supposed to! And worst case scenario we take a gap year, get some more experience, and apply again! We can do this!!!!

Reactions: 1 users

YOURE STILL SMART JABOOOOO!!!! Cornell doesn’t know what they’re missing!!

I’m rooting for you and my fingers are crossed! When I applied for 2020 I didn’t get in and literally EVERYONE of my friends got in to our IS or a school out of state. This year I’m waitlisted at Iowa and I’m hoping I get off the waitlist. It does suck but I’m feeling like this is the year of the waitlisters :laugh:

I feel you, there was 4 of us from my undergrad that applied to Michigan State and they all got in but I got waitlisted. I honestly cried when I found out my friends all got in and I didn't but I'm still hoping I get called off the waitlist!

I guess the support here is that we're all suffering, together <3
True dat! Hanging there, Coffee! I'm turning 23 this year, so I get it.
I feel ya! I have been waitlisted at 4 schools now and am just waiting to hear from one more and my friends have applied to other professional schools and have already heard back so I’m right there with you!! All we can do is keep our grades up this semester and trust that we will end up when and where we’re supposed to! And worst case scenario we take a gap year, get some more experience, and apply again! We can do this!!!!
I'm currently in a gap year! Honestly, it's great to not have to worry about HW or going home with work to do. If you don't get in this year, treat it as a blessing in disguise!
YOURE STILL SMART JABOOOOO!!!! Cornell doesn’t know what they’re missing!!
D'aawwww, you're da best, Ski :love:
I’m rooting for you and my fingers are crossed! When I applied for 2020 I didn’t get in and literally EVERYONE of my friends got in to our IS or a school out of state. This year I’m waitlisted at Iowa and I’m hoping I get off the waitlist. It does suck but I’m feeling like this is the year of the waitlisters :laugh:
Let's hope so! Best of luck to you, too!
I feel you, there was 4 of us from my undergrad that applied to Michigan State and they all got in but I got waitlisted. I honestly cried when I found out my friends all got in and I didn't but I'm still hoping I get called off the waitlist!
Yup yup yup. I'm hoping with ya!

I'll be 26 in a few weeks and I'm waitlisted at two schools so don't feel too bad haha

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile
I'm also turning 26 this year. I am waitlisted at Michigan State and Purdue (both OOS). I am hoping I'll get off the waitlist because the thought of waiting another year sucks...

Hang in there everyone!!
While none of my friends are pre-vets, it still is hard explaining the process to them, especially being waitlisted. Cs get degrees mentality is starting to seep in and hit me hard during ochem 2
I have no doubt that you're all good students that will one day make amazing vets! We just gotta hang in there! Determination and perseverance!!

Waitlisted OOS - UPenn, Virginia/MD, and Tufts. They said that the waitlist doesn't have much movement for Tufts. Does anyone know about UPenn or VA/MD?

Cs get degrees mentality is starting to seep in and hit me hard during ochem 2
Me too! I am accepted to a school that requires ochemII, and accepted+waitlisted for two that don't (one of which is my dream school). It's making it hard to stay motivated in an already tough, boring class. :whistle:

I am waitlisted OOS at tennessee and oklahoma state. Waitlisted IS at kansas state. Accepted at Minnesota. None of the waitlisted schools release rankings. If I accept at MN, the alternate schools won't know will they? I still want to keep options open for my alternates.

I am waitlisted OOS at tennessee and oklahoma state. Waitlisted IS at kansas state. Accepted at Minnesota. None of the waitlisted schools release rankings. If I accept at MN, the alternate schools won't know will they? I still want to keep options open for my alternates.
Nope they don’t know unless you tell them. Accept the one spot and keep yourself on the waitlists and if you get accepted to a school you’d rather go to after the deadline, tell Minnesota that you’re declining your seat because you got into a school you liked better. You’ll lose your deposit at MN, but in the long run if you’re going to a cheaper school that couple hundred deposit you lost isnt a major deal. Congratulations on your acceptance and waitlist offers!!

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted OOS - UPenn, Virginia/MD, and Tufts. They said that the waitlist doesn't have much movement for Tufts. Does anyone know about UPenn or VA/MD?

We were told during interview weekend that there is usually good movement on the VMCVM waitlist

Alternate OOS at Minnesota, LSU, Iowa, and Kansas. Waiting on one more decision and hoping its good news!

Waitlisted OOS Tufts and OOS Michigan State

Last edited:
Waitlisted OOS Michigan state. Still waiting to hear from one more. Here’s hoping, good luck everyone!

Waitlisted at Colorado (unranked) Michigan (#8) and LSU (#74)

Accepted to RVC, Iowa State, U Minnesota, and St George.

I reaaaaaalllly wish I knew my CSU rank. I truly fell in love with the school and it’s putting me on the fence about my other options. Every day I change my mind where I want to go :(

**edited for grammar

As of today...

Waitlisted OOS at CSU (unranked), MSU (declined waitlist), and UW (6th).

Accepted OOS at Tufts and Western.

Declined UMN interview.

I've been waitlisted at Wisconsin OOS (#22) and Minnesota IS (#8)
I have an acceptance out of state but I'm stressed about not getting into my IS... I'm nervous about moving all by myself :(

I have an acceptance out of state but I'm stressed about not getting into my IS... I'm nervous about moving all by myself :(
Accept the one spot and keep yourself on the waitlist for at leas your IS and if you get accepted to your IS after the deadline, tell the school you accepted at that you’re declining your seat because you got into your IS. You’ll lose your deposit at that school, but in the long run if you’re going to a cheaper school that couple hundred deposit you lost isnt a major deal. Congratulations on your acceptance and waitlist offers!!

Accept the one spot and keep yourself on the waitlist for at leas your IS and if you get accepted to your IS after the deadline, tell the school you accepted at that you’re declining your seat because you got into your IS. You’ll lose your deposit at that school, but in the long run if you’re going to a cheaper school that couple hundred deposit you lost isnt a major deal. Congratulations on your acceptance and waitlist offers!!
I've accepted my IS waitlist, and my OOS didn't give me an option to decline it. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do what you've suggested, I just need a bit of time to get my ducks in a row, and figure out what my SO will do...

Does anyone know how well the IS waitlist for UMN moves? I'm number 16 and concerned since I'm IS.

Yes, OOS for Michigan.

I assume out of state waitlist? Pretty sure that when someone drops a spot they call the first person on the list. If you’re on the OOS waitlist, it probably move at least a little, especially since MSU’s OOS tuition is higher than other schools OOS. Not sure if they start calling people off the waitlist before the deadline to accept or not.

Alternate OOS at Minnesota, LSU, Iowa, and Kansas. Waiting on one more decision and hoping its good news!
I was accepted OOS at Kansas but will be declining my seat, and I will also be declining my seat on the OOS waitlist for Minnesota. Hopefully this helps you!

Reactions: 4 users
Waitlisted at Colorado (unranked) Michigan (#8) and LSU (#74)

Accepted to RVC, Iowa State, U Minnesota, and St George.

I reaaaaaalllly wish I knew my CSU rank. I truly fell in love with the school and it’s putting me on the fence about my other options. Every day I change my mind where I want to go :(

**edited for grammar
Are you sponsored or non-sponsored for CSU? Like many other schools the OOS list tends to move a bit more than the IS, though unfortunately I can't offer any insight into how the admissions committee sorts through and chooses the applicants that they pull off the list.

I will say that oftentimes some schools feel like the absolute most wonderful, amazing, perfect fit for you and it can give some tunnel vision when thinking about other schools. I'm glad you loved CSU (I loved it too! ;) ), but that also doesn't mean that the schools you got into or are waiting on are any worse, and some of them may even be better fits for you in certain regards.

I was accepted OOS at Kansas but will be declining my seat, and I will also be declining my seat on the OOS waitlist for Minnesota. Hopefully this helps you!
So thankful! Best of luck to you!!

Bring a pet. :love:

Are you sponsored or non-sponsored for CSU? Like many other schools the OOS list tends to move a bit more than the IS, though unfortunately I can't offer any insight into how the admissions committee sorts through and chooses the applicants that they pull off the list.

I will say that oftentimes some schools feel like the absolute most wonderful, amazing, perfect fit for you and it can give some tunnel vision when thinking about other schools. I'm glad you loved CSU (I loved it too! ;) ), but that also doesn't mean that the schools you got into or are waiting on are any worse, and some of them may even be better fits for you in certain regards.

I am nonsponsored for CSU. You’re right, I am in a bit of dilemma. I LOVED RVC and CSU. But one of those is outside of the country and the other I am an alternate for. Both are expensive. I was accepted to U Minnesota OOS but since I can switch to IS tuition after my first year it is my cheapest choices. I liked the school. But it didnt wow me the way the other two did.

I am nonsponsored for CSU. You’re right, I am in a bit of dilemma. I LOVED RVC and CSU. But one of those is outside of the country and the other I am an alternate for. Both are expensive. I was accepted to U Minnesota OOS but since I can switch to IS tuition after my first year it is my cheapest choices. I liked the school. But it didnt wow me the way the other two did.
Gooooo fooooooorrrrrrrr tttttthhhhhhhheeeeeeee ccccchhhhhheeeeeaaaaaappppppppeeeeeessssssstttttttt

Reactions: 8 users
Gooooo fooooooorrrrrrrr tttttthhhhhhhheeeeeeee ccccchhhhhheeeeeaaaaaappppppppeeeeeessssssstttttttt
Yes. You will learn to love it. You'll make lots of friends and have amazing experiences and wonder how you could have ever gone anywhere else. Go to the cheapest school!

I'm feeling like I have some sort of record for waitlists - currently on 7 :(
OOS alternate for Kansas, Penn, Florida, Tufts, Minnesota, Iowa, and Auburn. Only school I'm still waiting to hear a decision on is Illinois. Hoping my chances of going somewhere are good with this number of waitlists!